• Latest Podcast: Josh Mahoney Interview

wizardinoz

Farewell Jesse Hogan

On 11/14/2018 at 8:43 AM, Demonland said:

A new number for Jesse.

Why would he be happy?  

Looking at the top photo, looks like he has just got dressed in his new employers uniform and is about to start his shift down at your friendly local supermarket.  Bit of a demotion.

To be fair, I’m really happy for the lad. Yes he’ll likely not ever reach the potential that we hoped he would for us, as he won’t for Freo. But if he does, I’m ok with it as Freo need all the help they can get!

My major concerns were that 1. He couldn’t kick beyond 40m consistently and slot a goal, and 2. His body language and resultant performance lacked professionalism.

Noting his very difficult time over the past few years, 2. Could be forgiven, but deep down 1. Was the one that truly had me concerned and I now place my forward hopes in TMAC and Weed. 

Later buddy, good luck with it, hope you get the most out of being west-side..

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DeezNuts said:

To be fair, I’m really happy for the lad. Yes he’ll likely not ever reach the potential that we hoped he would for us, as he won’t for Freo. But if he does, I’m ok with it as Freo need all the help they can get!

Sacrilege to mention around here, but Freo are one of the few teams that i want to win a premiership outside of the Dees. I was barracking hard in 2013 for them, shouting at the telly when they beat Geelong at Kardinia Park, enjoying their crushing pressure game on Sydney. And of course barracking hard for them against Hawthorn in the prelim back in 2015 when it went down to the wire. If they can see some success in the next 7 or so years with Hogan reaching his potential, it would be good for the game and nice that we've played a role in his development.

Edited by John Demonic
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, John Demonic said:

Sacrilege to mention around here, but Freo are one of the few teams that i want to win a premiership outside of the Dees. I was barracking hard in 2013 for them, shouting at the telly when they beat Geelong at Kardinia Park, enjoying their crushing pressure game on Sydney. And of course barracking hard for them against Hawthorn in the prelim back in 2015 when it went down to the wire. If they can see some success in the next 7 or so years with Hogan reaching his potential, it would be good for the game and nice that we've played a role in his development.

we're just a feeder team now to the cashed up clubs 😂

• Like 1

17 hours ago, John Demonic said:

I used to feel like that until this episode has put me right off.

On 11/15/2018 at 11:39 PM, John Demonic said:

I went to that game and [censored] a lot of people off in the crowd because I was barracking so hard for Freo, but that was only because they were playing against Geelong. 

I wish them every failure.

• Haha 1