Discussion on recent allegations about the use of illicit drugs in football is forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Farewell Jesse Hogan

wizardinoz

13 hours ago, hemingway said:

But care a thought for the administrators. 50 per cent want it closed down 50 per cent don’t.  The administrators close the thread and then get criticised by the other half. I think their position is completely understandable. 

I agree.  But my point was that if a poster says a thread should be closed, then they shouldn't come back to it later and again say it should be closed.  If they really think that the topic is exhausted they should close it for themselves by not returning to it.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, sue said:

I agree.  But my point was that if a poster says a thread should be closed, then they shouldn't come back to it later and again say it should be closed.  If they really think that the topic is exhausted they should close it for themselves by not returning to it.

Sorry, missed your point, I agree.

• 2 weeks later...

It’ll be disappointing if Hogan gets booed but there are less enlightened and intelligent supporters that are sure to. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, McQueen said:

It’ll be disappointing if Hogan gets booed but there are less enlightened and intelligent supporters that are sure to. 

There will be plenty of people playfully boo'ing an ex player without any spite, just because it comes with the territory of departing a club. Surely someone as highly intelligent and enlightened as you wouldn't set yourself up for the disappointment. ?

Its lame booing the departed. 

Surely better that we exhibit studied indifference boredom even. 

Put frost on him and watch him carry on

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, dino rover said:

Its lame booing the departed. 

Surely better that we exhibit studied indifference boredom even. 

Put frost on him and watch him carry on

Booing for some, indifference for others.  But what does it matter. 

It depends on the mood on the day and whether you become part of the lynch mob that is part of the supporter psyche of the passionate or separate from the mob while you sit in the MCC enclosure,  tighten your butt cheeks and remain detached, aloof and dispassionate. 

I know which mob I will choose. 

• Like 2

On 10/28/2018 at 6:01 PM, Whispering_Jack said:

I’m well aware of the site’s policies Mr. Redleg. It’s why we heavily scrutinize that Tom Scully thread you started a while ago where about 2 pages of content have had to be deleted due to unacceptable posting.

Which thread is that? I know of no such thread on Demonland ... And who is that guy anyway? ?

I’m a bit disappointed he was having tea and scones with Fyfe and Lyon while the season was still alive, but I won’t boo him. 

That being said, I don’t see the big deal about booing ex players as a general rule. It’s all a bit of pantomime fun regardless of who it is.

• Like 2

On 10/17/2018 at 9:39 PM, Brownie said:

With May rolling into the backline I'm looking forward to watching Fritsch hopefully going forward.

We seemed a bit one dimensional with Jesse playing.

Much more unpredictable with TMAC Weid Tracc and Gawn floating forward. I think Fritsch is a Brad Green in the making if they give him the chance up front.

While a few weeks on I’m still disappointed that Hogan wanted to and has left, drafting May, KJ, and Preuss has strengthened our obvious areas of weakness. Add Lever coming back and hopefully Viney having an injury free year, and we have a strong platform for success in 2019.

A little more zip & skill on the wings, and another good small forward and defender would give us almost a perfectly balanced list.

The Hawks kept winning flags after Buddy left, and I’m hoping that our best wins in the last few years were without Hogan in the team, is an indicator we can cover losing him.

Looking forward to another successful season in 2019, making top 4 and being in a position to have a real crack at the Flag would be terrific!

Go Dees!!!!!!!!

• Like 1

I know it is not the first time this sentiment has been expressed but the Club had decided before the end of the season that both parties would be better off if Jesse was to head back West. This is coming from an ex 20+ year employee and a life member of the MFC

Edited by FarNorthernD
  • Like 6

A few good games early in the season, a couple of 5+ goal games, then a Range Rover / enter the dragon reincarnation, stirring up all the chicken little's about how we were robbed. 50+ pages easy.

• Like 1

I noticed during the week that the AFL Store was selling large pictures of three Melbourne players (Gawn was one, can't remember the other two) and Hogan in his Melbourne gear which was marked down by 50%. I suspect they will still sell zero. Even if given away at no charge I can't see who would want one.

He plays for the Shockers now...He will get stick like any other ex player. 

Hopefully our defence keeps him quiet, i have no qualms with MFC Members reminding him where he once was. 

We were very good to Jesse.....

Edited by Sir Why You Little
  • Like 5