Jump to content

P-man

My grand final dilemma (carn maggots!)

Recommended Posts

Great question for some, others it’s quite simple. West Coast for me, very easy choice. Not happy about either but yeah. As much as I’d love to just not watch it I don’t tend to miss watching Grand Final day. I’ve missed more Melbourne Cups to be honest.

West Coast winning represents the least discomfort personally. Collingwood gives you that ‘not knowing where to look’ feeling and there’s been plenty of that recently, it was quite unbearable watching Richmond win last year personally. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hope WCE wins so they take the cup and the celebrations back to Perth and we only get 1 day of post GF media, if it's Pies then they'll be reporting on it for weeks here... Sorry Ethan Tremblay

Also I can't stand Eddie McGuire

  • Like 5
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Each year I go into the ballot for a table at the Grand Final. It is always an ABC table (anyone but Collingwood) and this year it was twelve Demons supporters. After yesterday two have pulled out, partly because of Melbourne’s loss and partly because they simply despise Collingwood. I will be there sporting a West Coast scarf because I still hate Collingwood and I want somebody to beat them! 😈

  • Like 1
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

team X just mawls you ...humiliates you....mocks you... and people want to barrack for them ??  odd

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Collingwood for me.( Never thought I would be ever saying that but the fact is I really hate both with a passion.)  My reasoning is the opposite of most. I live in Perth and if Weagles win I will hear about it for weeks and weeks just lke all my friends in Melbourne will do if Collingwood win.  If Collingwood get home it will hardly be mentioned over here after a couple of days.Maybe be even less. I'm being selfish I know but you have got to live in Perth to experience the Weagles supporters gloating. Strangely enough, If it was Dockers v Collingwood I would have no hesitation in praying for a Fremantle win. They a second rate citizen with the local press. Weagles occupy the sporting pages much much more than their across town rivals. eg 'Eagles defender couldn't train due to blister on his little finger' etc etc. Maybe Weagles and Collingwood played extra time after extra time in the GF both sides will drop with exhaustion and the result declared null and void. Perfect scenario.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, beelzebub said:

team X just mawls you ...humiliates you....mocks you... and people want to barrack for them ??  odd

Yes that is true but they are playing the filth.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Bobby McKenzie said:

Collingwood for me.( Never thought I would be ever saying that but the fact is I really hate both with a passion.)  My reasoning is the opposite of most. I live in Perth and if Weagles win I will hear about it for weeks and weeks just lke all my friends in Melbourne will do if Collingwood win.  If Collingwood get home it will hardly be mentioned over here after a couple of days.Maybe be even less. I'm being selfish I know but you have got to live in Perth to experience the Weagles supporters gloating. Strangely enough, If it was Dockers v Collingwood I would have no hesitation in praying for a Fremantle win. They a second rate citizen with the local press. Weagles occupy the sporting pages much much more than their across town rivals. eg 'Eagles defender couldn't train due to blister on his little finger' etc etc. Maybe Weagles and Collingwood played extra time after extra time in the GF both sides will drop with exhaustion and the result declared null and void. Perfect scenario.

This

I can't stand Meth Coast and it would be unbearable living over here.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, beelzebub said:

team X just mawls you ...humiliates you....mocks you... and people want to barrack for them ??  odd

The lesser of two evils, bb!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mean spirited I know but I couldn't stand Jeremy Howe being a premiership player.

Leaves a bad taste in my mouth the sooking he did about having to play back with us.

Half hearted efforts were not appreciated by this supporter.

He would be a very handy player for us now playing where Roos identified was his best spot...

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Couldn’t think of anything worse than seeing Jeremy Howe hold up the premiership cup

  • Like 5
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry but I’m simply not one of those people that hates a team for all eternity just because they smashed us yesterday. I’d hate about 17 teams if that were the case. I will actually be more angry at them if they don’t get it done against the hated filth.

I also feel more comfortable when losing to a team in the prelim if they go on to win it because then there’s a sense of them being the best team and there was no shame in getting done by them. 

  • Like 3
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you live in Melbourne and you barrack for Melbourne and are over 20 years of age, the correct team to support is West Coast. You are all idiots if you are supporting Collingwood in this Grand Final. No excuses, now is not a time to be stupid.

  • Like 6
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’ve thought about this long and hard, ie which of these teams do I dislike more.

Well I’ll be barricking for one of these teams to lose with a kick after the siren.

Just imagine the tears!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I grew up in an era where it was so customary for colonwood to lose finals, especially grand finals, that they had to invent a new word for the english language to describe it

i look forward to colonwood continuing that fine tradition

go weagles (now i will go and clean out my mouth)

  • Like 2
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, daisycutter said:

I grew up in an era where it was so customary for colonwood to lose finals, especially grand finals, that they had to invent a new word for the english language to describe it

i look forward to colonwood continuing that fine tradition

go weagles (now i will go and clean out my mouth)

You need to show more compassion towards us Western Demon supporters. Life will be unbearable for the next five years.

Truck the Beagles. The 2018 AFL season is dead to me.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

38 minutes ago, DemonFrog said:

You need to show more compassion towards us Western Demon supporters. Life will be unbearable for the next five years.

Truck the Beagles. The 2018 AFL season is dead to me.

With all due respect no. We live in the heartland of the club’s name, we take precedence. You’re just gonna have to take one for the team.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Wolfturdo said:

With all due respect no. We live in the heartland of the club’s name, we take precedence. You’re just gonna have to take one for the team.

How ridiculous it is to think it even matters. 

I mean seriously. 

2018 is done and dusted for this MFC member. 

The GF outcome is of zero consequence and care factor. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was going to go for Colonwood, until I saw that obscene shot of Eddie and Gillon embracing at the end of the PF.  And the lingering sound of Gillon saying that we need Colonwood to succeed.

F them both, even if it means WCE taking the cup.

Collusion and corruption has infiltrated all aspects of our society from politics to sport.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I will never forgive  Colonwood for going the man, and sucking us into trying to retaliate in ‘58.

The better side lost, thanks  to nefarious tactics, at a time when sportsmanship was an expected virtue ( eg when Ray Gabelich clapped Barrass on the victory dais in ‘64..... not like Peter Moore chucking away his runner up medal)

I can’t help wishing the worst for the Mudpies.

I’ll never forget the threatened feeling Demon supporters had at Victoria Park, whereas their supporters enjoyed the lap of luxury at our home ground.

i just can’t help wishing the worst for Colonwood. I’d love to see a big internal split, leading to fundamental administrative destruction. Call it jealousy... I don’t care!   Go Met Coke!!!  Do to them what you did to us. They don’t deserve to be where they are! They’ve done well to overcome injury, but they’ve hardly beaten any good sides( except  an overconfident Richmond, and us), and most of their injured players are back now, just when they need them. 

A pox  on you, Mudpies...Go Met Coke!!!  Inject whatever it is that has given you your three flags, and stomp on the baskets.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

anyone who was at yesterday's game would be barracking hard for the filth, after experiencing the high amount of abuse and ridicule the  iced up eagles supporters dished out, far worse than anything I've  heard from pies supporters 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m just so bloody glad I’m out of here on Sunday morning for a week. I shall spend grand final day as I have the last 18... drinking with friends. Then I will fly to the other side of the world where I can ignore all AFL related things. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hope the Eagles win. [censored] Howe.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, McQueen said:

How ridiculous it is to think it even matters. 

I mean seriously. 

2018 is done and dusted for this MFC member. 

The GF outcome is of zero consequence and care factor. 

This. If we aren't winning IDGAF who wins. Not sure why anyone would even bother watching it. We all already know Mason Cox is American.

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I will be at the game. Eagles for me. Then ✈️ To Singapore Sunday and I am very happy to be away from the post GF week news hyperbole.

If the Pies win it would be unbearable for weeks in Melbourne. Especially at work. 

Got some bucket list things to do on my trip which I can control.

The bucket list wish for an MFC  premiership is out of my hands but hopefully we all get that one in the not to distant future.

Cheers all. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×