Jump to content

  • Latest Podcast: Josh Mahoney Interview



DeeSpencer

2019 best 22 and depth chart

Recommended Posts

6 hours ago, Alex Flood said:

Sorry mate, only been a supporter for a couple of years so really don’t know how TMac goes down back. From what I’ve seen up forward I thought he’d go alright up back. I’m guess OMac goes better than his brother down back ?

Welcome aboard Alex. This post however is quite amusing. Tmac was at one stage tracking as an AA defender but was even more infuriating than Frost with his over-ambitious options and horrible disposal. Had a knack of pin-pointing the single opposition player in a sea of Demons.

A few on here - not me - suggested he should be moved forward, which sounded like a terrible idea due to his inability to kick straight and Queen Mary turning circle. Since moving forward he's been a revelation, demonstrating an inexplicable level of accuracy (although it accords with my theory that he struggles to assess a moving target). 

So you're quite correct in thinking Tmac might go alright down back - and I believe will always be a better defender than his brother - but his value up front far outweighs what he can offer as a defender and his move there has calmed a great deal of supporter nerves and frustration. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, WERRIDEE said:

BEST 22

B: Lever, May, Jetta

HB: Hibberd, O.McDonald, Salem

C : Kolodjashnij, Oliver, Brayshaw

HF: Neal-Bullen, Weideman, Petracca

F: Melksham, T.McDonald, Hannan

FOLL: Gawn, Viney, Harmes

IC: Jones, Fritsch, Lewis, Preuss

EMERG: Stretch, J.Smith, Frost, Spargo

Pretty good team.

Need a crumpet in forward line, so Spargo in for Hannan.

Lewis by season end may be replaced by a Stretch or J Smith.

Will see if KK better than J Smith, Hunt, Hannan after another preseason.

Will be surprised if we don’t bring in some more talent over the trade period! Outside mid, small forward come to mind, in addition to May, Preuss and KK or maybe it is KJJ!

 

  • Shocked 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/22/2018 at 9:47 PM, Dr.D said:

Best 22

Jetta     J.Smith   Salem

Hibberd Frost   Lever

Brayshaw  Harmes Vanders

Hannan  T. Mcdonald Fritsch

Melksham Hogan  Weideman

Foll: Gawn, Oliver, Viney

int: Spargo, Hunt, petracca, ANB

 

Included: Hunt (confident he'll have a big pre-season).

Left out: Oscar McDonald (i prefer joel smith)

Like all of this, and KK, May and Preuss  would be more than handy. It covers the contract losses and the intended (but not forthcoming) improvements However, fitness and injuries to overcome are required across the field, so a big summer training regime, as demanded by Max, must occur for every single player, otherwise, no gameday appearances. Fitness can be measured - so any lapses could be borne in mind in intended pay and actual pay amounts received. Performance excellence is becoming so necessary.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 9/23/2018 at 1:21 PM, MadAsHell said:

FB: Hibberd, Frost, Jetta

HB: Hunt, Lever, Lewis

C : T. McDonald*, Brayshaw, Harmes

HF: Petracca, Hogan*, Melksham 

FF: Hannan, Weideman, Spargo

FOLL: Gawn, Oliver, Viney

INT: Fritsch, Jones, Neal-Bullen, Salem

*Note that both these two I expect to rotate forward & through the midfield in order to allow us to play three tall forwards.

Depth: VANDENBERG  (unlucky not to be in my 22, but main victim of fitting in 3 tall forwards), TYSON (only to play as an inside mid), JOEL SMITH (mid sized defender), O. MCDONALD  (tall defender), STRETCH (outside mid), KENNEDY-HARRIS/KENT (small fwd/wing), WAGNER (half back), KEILTY (tall utility Pedersen role).

Draft Lockhart and some other good outside user types. Recruit a 2nd ruck, trade out Garlett, entertain offers for Tyson.

Make Viney sole captain and make a big push for Kelly in the 2019 trade period. That just about covers it all I think....

Should make a few changes to this. Now based on the assumption that we're loosing Hogan, Vandenberg, Tyson & Kent but gaining (at least) May, KK & Preuss.

FB: Lever, May, Jetta

HB: Hibberd, Frost, Lewis

C : Harmes, Brayshaw, Kolodjashnij 

HF: Petracca, T. McDonald, Melksham 

FF: Hannan, Weideman, Spargo

FOLL: Gawn, Oliver, Viney 

INT: Fritsch, Jones, Neal-Bullen, Salem 

Depth: JAYDEN HUNT (HB/wing to provide plenty of run), JOEL SMITH (mid sized defender), O. MCDONALD  (tall defender), STRETCH (outside mid), KENNEDY-HARRIS (small fwd/wing), WAGNER (half back), KEILTY (tall utility Pedersen role). 

Other Potential Recruits to add to depth/push for best 22: BRAYDON PREUSS  (we already know about for the ruck), ANDREW BRAYSHAW (potential part of Hogan trade for inside or outside mid role), NATHAN WRIGHT (worth consideration as a DFA for small defender depth), JAY LOCKHART (should ask for his rights as part of any MAY/KK trade. Outside HB/mid & good user of the footy).

Make Viney sole captain and make a big push for Kelly in the 2019 trade period. That just about covers it all I think....

Edited by MadAsHell
Forgot about Hunt
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, D4Life said:

That was crumber not crumpet!😃

If there was a crumpet in our forward line we could trade it to the GC for May. Stuie Dew would quickly drop a crumpet into his forward pocket!

  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, MadAsHell said:

Should make a few changes to this. Now based on the assumption that we're loosing Hogan, Vandenberg, Tyson & Kent but gaining (at least) May, KK & Preuss.

FB: Lever, May, Jetta

HB: Hibberd, Frost, Lewis

C : Harmes, Brayshaw, Kolodjashnij 

HF: Petracca, T. McDonald, Melksham 

FF: Hannan, Weideman, Spargo

FOLL: Gawn, Oliver, Viney 

INT: Fritsch, Jones, Neal-Bullen, Salem 

Depth: JAYDEN HUNT (HB/wing to provide plenty of run), JOEL SMITH (mid sized defender), O. MCDONALD  (tall defender), STRETCH (outside mid), KENNEDY-HARRIS (small fwd/wing), WAGNER (half back), KEILTY (tall utility Pedersen role). 

Other Potential Recruits to add to depth/push for best 22: BRAYDON PREUSS  (we already know about for the ruck), ANDREW BRAYSHAW (potential part of Hogan trade for inside or outside mid role), NATHAN WRIGHT (worth consideration as a DFA for small defender depth), JAY LOCKHART (should ask for his rights as part of any MAY/KK trade. Outside HB/mid & good user of the footy).

Make Viney sole captain and make a big push for Kelly in the 2019 trade period. That just about covers it all I think....

Very good 22, slight changes for me:

Salem ahead of Lewis

Fritsch ahead of Hannan

Jones ahead of KJJ

Joel Smith in 22 replacing Hannan

Frost & OMac close between these two!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think we only have 1 deal left in us and that's Kolodjashnij, the rest of the team should be the same.

 

B: Lever, Frost, Jetta

HB: Hibberd, O.McDonald, Salem

C : Kolodjashnij, Oliver, Brayshaw

HF: Petracca, Hogan, Neal-Bullen

F: Melksham, T.McDonald, Weideman

FOLL: Gawn, Viney, Harmes

IC: Jones, Fritsch, vandenBerg, Preuss

EMERG: Lewis, Hannan, Spargo, J.Smith

 

CASEY

B: J.Smith, Keilty, Lewis

HB: Wagner, Petty, Hunt

C : Stretch, Maynard, Baker

HF: Hannan, T.Smith, Kennedy Harris

F: Garlett, Draft Pick, Bradford

FOLL: Bradtke, Spargo, Walker

IC: Draft Pick, Draft Pick, Draft Pick, Draft Pick

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, WERRIDEE said:

I think we only have 1 deal left in us and that's Kolodjashnij, the rest of the team should be the same.

 

B: Lever, Frost, Jetta

HB: Hibberd, O.McDonald, Salem

C : Kolodjashnij, Oliver, Brayshaw

HF: Petracca, Hogan, Neal-Bullen

F: Melksham, T.McDonald, Weideman

FOLL: Gawn, Viney, Harmes

IC: Jones, Fritsch, vandenBerg, Preuss

EMERG: Lewis, Hannan, Spargo, J.Smith

 

CASEY

B: J.Smith, Keilty, Lewis

HB: Wagner, Petty, Hunt

C : Stretch, Maynard, Baker

HF: Hannan, T.Smith, Kennedy Harris

F: Garlett, Draft Pick, Bedford

FOLL: Bradtke, Spargo, Walker

IC: Draft Pick, Draft Pick, Draft Pick, Draft Pick

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/23/2018 at 9:44 PM, layzie said:

I’d have Lewis in the starting 22 but I would expect him to be out of it and replaced by this time next year.

Think he may quietly retire over the summer to avoid humiliation for himself and the club

  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Old Bear said:

Think he may quietly retire over the summer to avoid humiliation for himself and the club

Dream on

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

B:      Jetta                May              Lever

HB:   Salem             Frost            Hibberd

C      Jones              Oliver          Collar-jazz-knee

HF:  Petracca      T.McDonald      Melksham

F:    Hannan         Weideman        Spargo

FOLL:  Gawn     Viney     Brayshaw

INT:    Harmes, vandenBerg, Lewis, Neal-Bullen

EMG:    Preuss, Fritsch, OMac

  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We still haven't address our glaring need for a crumbing forward and more midfield depth, plus we now have about 87 key defenders on the list.

Edited by Clint Bizkit

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, PVardy said:

B:      Jetta                May              Lever

HB:   Salem             Frost            Hibberd

C      Jones              Oliver          Collar-jazz-knee

HF:  Petracca      T.McDonald      Melksham

F:    Hannan         Weideman        Spargo

FOLL:  Gawn     Viney     Brayshaw

INT:    Harmes, vandenBerg, Lewis, Neal-Bullen

EMG:    Preuss, Fritsch, OMac

B: Jetta.  May. Hibberd

HB Salem. OMac. Lever

C Jones. Brayshaw  Frost

HF Petracca. TMac. AVB

F Melksham. Weideman. Hannan

R Gawn Oliver Viney

I Harmes Spargo ANB Fritsch

E Lewis Hunt J Smith

Edited by Big Carl

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, PVardy said:

B:      Jetta                May              Lever

HB:   Salem             Frost            Hibberd

C      Jones              Oliver          Collar-jazz-knee

HF:  Petracca      T.McDonald      Melksham

F:    Hannan         Weideman        Spargo

FOLL:  Gawn     Viney     Brayshaw

INT:    Harmes, vandenBerg, Lewis, Neal-Bullen

EMG:    Preuss, Fritsch, OMac

B: Jetta.  May. Hibberd

HB Salem. OMac. Lever

C Jones. Brayshaw  Frost

HF Petracca.  TMac . AVB

F Melksham Weideman Hannan

R Gawn Oliver Viney

I Harmes ANB Spargo Fritsch

E Lewis Hunt J Smith

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 10/6/2018 at 7:50 AM, Deemania since 56 said:

Like all of this, and KK, May and Preuss  would be more than handy. It covers the contract losses and the intended (but not forthcoming) improvements However, fitness and injuries to overcome are required across the field, so a big summer training regime, as demanded by Max, must occur for every single player, otherwise, no gameday appearances. Fitness can be measured - so any lapses could be borne in mind in intended pay and actual pay amounts received. Performance excellence is becoming so necessary.

Does that mean we all have to get fit over summer as well?

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We are entering the era of Squad footy I reckon.  I strongly believe that with our depth and spread of talent each week will bring a different best 22.  In the case of opponents like the Weagles we will inevitably play tall utilizing the likes of Preuss and Frost whilst other weeks against shorter pacier teams we will be using the likes of Fritch and Hannan as well as Spargo.  It gives us the opportunity to play as necessary as well as keeping list rotation a reality allowing for greater freshness at the business end of the season.  Exciting times

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Clint Bizkit said:

We still haven't address our glaring need for a crumbing forward and more midfield depth, plus we now have about 87 key defenders on the list.

Maybe the club thinks Garlett can turn things around.

I thought he would be traded, but I doubt there was any interest anyway.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think Oscar is coming along nicely but I’d have Frost over him. 

Woukd like to see Hunt work on his disposal over summer and push one of Lewis/Jones out. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Always love a best 22.....

B:         Jetta                May                      Lever

HB:      Hibberd           O. McDonald       Salem  

C :        Harmes           Viney                    Kolodjashnij

HF:      Petracca         Weideman            Melksham

F:         Spargo             T McDonald         Neal-Bullen

R:        Gawn                Oliver                    Brayshaw

Int:     Lewis        Jones        VandenBerg     Fritsch

Emg:    Frost       Kennedy-Harris      Hannan     Preuss

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I love how people are saying we need a crumbing forward when we have jeff garlett (one of the best crumbing forwards in the game) 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Big T Mac said:

I love how people are saying we need a crumbing forward when we have jeff garlett (one of the best crumbing forwards in the game) 

I’m a fan of Jeff G, as the crumbing role isn’t easy to play! His challenge to overcome, is not playing more very good or average games, it’s turning his shocking games into at least making a contribution to the team!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

B: Lever, May, Jetta

HB: Hibberd, O.McDonald, Salem

C : Kolodjashnij, Oliver, Brayshaw

HF: Petracca, Weideman, Neal-Bullen

F: Melksham, T.McDonald, Gawn

FOLL: Preuss, Viney, Harmes

IC: Jones, Lewis, vandenBerg, Hannan

EMERG: Fritsch, Spargo, J.Smith, Frost

 

CASEY

B: J.Smith, Frost, Petty

HB: J.Wagner, Keilty, Hunt

C : Stretch, Fritsch, Baker

HF: Kennedy Harris, T.Smith, Walker

F: Garlett, Munn, Bedford

FOLL: Bradtke, Spargo, Maynard

IC: Hind, C.Wagner, Sturt, Duursma

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

T-Mac just became our most important player IMO

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×