Smokey

Jason Taylor getting the nod

Knew he was a fellow East Bentleighian, but didn't realise the Beveridge connection. Makes sense though. Taylor is a wonderful asset.

• Like 3

Jason Taylor you say that is the best thing you have done in your life is by coming to Melbourne fc and you love the people you work with here. We are fortunate to have such a great recruiting manager and to be successful. Thanking you for being part of our great club.  

• Like 5
  • Love 1

JT - you should be knighted for bringing Clarry to our club.

You night like to work behind the scenes, but trust me when I say that you are highly recognised and lauded for the good work that you do.

• Like 5

Cant wait to see what he pulls out this draft.  He hasn't put a foot wrong so far.

Some might even say hes a genius at what he does.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Baghdad Bob said:

Perhaps Neeld was the coach we had to have.

Perhaps losing by 186 points to Geelong was the result we had to have.

Great article on his journey and his approach.  I find it interesting the importance of Todd Viney in developing his skills in the role.  I see Viney having a strong influence on our list management.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Clint Bizkit said:

Perhaps losing by 186 points to Geelong was the result we had to have.

Not to keep digressing, but certainly that embarrassing 148 point loss to a drugged up Essendon outfit, was in hindsight, the loss we had to have to be rid of Neeld. 😛

Just now, A F said:

Not to keep digressing, but certainly that embarrassing 148 point loss to a drugged up Essendon outfit, was in hindsight, the loss we had to have to be rid of Neeld. 😛

proxy.php?image=https%3A%2F%2Fscontent.fsyd3-1.fna.fbcdn.net%2Fv%2Ft1.0-9%2F42130565_1860158567442887_3211677910024847360_o.jpg%3F_nc_cat%3D0%26oh%3De273472b91efcc1f372dfa20685a4e73%26oe%3D5C2CDB7B&hash=62ae184cdeb73a8efd745cc27950c37f

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Shocked 1

Just now, Darkhorse72 said:

Great article on his journey and his approach.  I find it interesting the importance of Todd Viney in developing his skills in the role.  I see Viney having a strong influence on our list management.

I was really hoping the Toumpas drafting decision might somehow come to light in this article. Who overruled who? Was it Neeld who overruled Viney or vice versa? He certainly never seemed like a player Viney would select. Does anyone actually know the answer to this?

Edited by A F

1 hour ago, Baghdad Bob said:

is that not the funniest irony of some time

• Haha 1

Everything happens for a reason I guess

3 hours ago, Baghdad Bob said:

Every coin, has two sides.

How do we use the energy, at our disposal. Creatively, or destructively trying to hurt others, and things around us ?

Everything that happens, brings its own energy.

IMO, Its how we choose to put-forth, that energy we feel.

Neeld was the Fulcrum, between the miss-handled era, and the resurrection.  He began the undoing of the rotten culture.  By cracking it wide open, with force.  A very disliked force. 

Nevertheless, it was done.  And the repair had begun, with the clean outs coming from his lead. 

The only problem was in hindsight, some needed to be gone sooner, for perhaps some picks... to try to regain some of their original values.

- - - - - - - -

... anyway its time now to enjoy the fruits of all the hard work and pain, and be focused on the games ahead.

no distractions no self-sabotage.

Edited by DV8

More credit must go to T Viney. The negotiations to get Hogan and have J Viney slip out further in the draft order were the beginnings of the new Melbourne. T Viney, Jason Taylor and the recruitment team have been awesome for the most part