Sign in to follow this  
dazzledavey36

Jeff White Article

The support coming from the past players and coaches has been fantastic and I’m glad the Club has embraced it. There is an atmosphere around the place that I’m sure hasn’t been there since the heady days of the late 1950’s and early 1960’s. Hopefully it inspires the playing group for 2 more games.

• Like 1

Good on him, top bloke Jeff.

And his son is not far off Chell's height at 11!!!

12 minutes ago, chook fowler said:

The support coming from the past players and coaches has been fantastic and I’m glad the Club has embraced it. There is an atmosphere around the place that I’m sure hasn’t been there since the heady days of the late 1950’s and early 1960’s. Hopefully it inspires the playing group for 2 more games.

Agreed - I think the club has made a concerted effort over the past year or two to reach out to past players and welcome them back

as part of the fabric of the club - as any normal club would do. I don’t think this has always been the case in recent times - especially when you think of how poorly James MacDonald was treated by the old regime.

Just another step on the road to being a great club once more.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, chook fowler said:

Agreed - I think the club has made a concerted effort over the past year or two to reach out to past players and include them in the fabric of the club - as any normal club would do. I don’t think this has always been the case in recent times - especially when you think of how poorly James MacDonald was treated by the old regime.

Great article from the heart! Good man that Mr White. Also proof that Sam Newman occasionally has a heart.

Edited by layzie

47 minutes ago, chook fowler said:

There is an atmosphere around the place that I’m sure hasn’t been there since the heady days of the late 1950’s and early 1960’s.

He missed the late eighties then. The same theme and excitement was there, BUT the off-field supporter unity seems stronger to me???

Maybe its our supporters anger-aggression that's the difference.  I sense that back then, the supporters were more hopeful-excited... but now I sense there is an aggressive-expectation in our excitement.

This time it feels like its more we'll take on all comers (aggression based), without the conservative trepidation. = (fear)...  a sort of Hawthorn character trait.

I was there in the 80’s and went to the 88 Grand Final - what an anticlimax. I don’t remember the atmosphere being like this but then time diminishes the memory and that result was very deflating.

1 hour ago, Bring-Back-Powell said:

He's unrecognisable with the grey hair and beard.

Agree.

Think that is Peter Daicos and Josh sitting behind him on the left.