Jump to content

  • Latest Podcast: Hawthorn



Wollongong Demon

Post Match Discussion - Semi Final

Recommended Posts

On 9/17/2018 at 12:21 PM, Robot Devil said:

Thanks Devil

I hadn't;t appreciated just how important was Milkshake in that final quarter - huge.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 9/15/2018 at 9:54 AM, Deeoldfart said:

Jeez, you are a better man than me H_T!  Here it 10 hours post match, and I still haven't calmed down.

I think it’s due to the confidence in the team that play for each other, the consistency observed - knowing that the boys “have got this” to get the job done. 

Still excruciating seeing howler turnovers like we saw in the first half. But just buoyed by the support for the team - our 23rd man. Loving the MFC wave of momentum.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, H_T said:

I think it’s due to the confidence in the team that play for each other, the consistency observed - knowing that the boys “have got this” to get the job done. 

Still excruciating seeing howler turnovers like we saw in the first half. But just buoyed by the support for the team - our 23rd man. Loving the MFC wave of momentum.

We had 15 t/o's by foot in the first half.  Atrocious. For all the talk of the Hawks missing shots on goal this was the key issue. Should have been 10 goals up at the half.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/14/2018 at 11:51 PM, H_T said:

Can’t believe how calm I was throughout the game. Must be a sign of a great side developing maturity before my eyes.

I've been calm for most of this finals series, although when Hawthorn got back to within a couple of goals in the fourth quarter the nerves started to kick in.

I'm still just celebrating the fact that we are even playing finals.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/15/2018 at 11:43 AM, titan_uranus said:

On a side note, has anyone seen @Wiseblood recently? Hasn't posted since before the Geelong game.

Of all of us, he's been the shining light of optimism over the past few years (and yes, sometimes a little too much). But I hope now he's getting to enjoy this finals run with the rest of us.

Hey mate,

Thanks for the tag.  I'm still around (been swamped with work, sickness, my little girl got sick as well etc) so I haven't been around much lately.  I'm hopeful that it's all passing now though!

I've been enjoying every bloody minute of this and what makes me even happier is that I know everyone here has been enjoying it as well.  No matter how negative, positive or in between we've been, we can all enjoy this together as passionate and faithful Demon fans.  It's just amazing.

Thanks for thinking of me and I'll hopefully have more time to enjoy this with you all in the next few days!  Go Dees! 

  • Like 10
  • Love 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Wiseblood said:

Hey mate,

Thanks for the tag.  I'm still around (been swamped with work, sickness, my little girl got sick as well etc) so I haven't been around much lately.  I'm hopeful that it's all passing now though!

I've been enjoying every bloody minute of this and what makes me even happier is that I know everyone here has been enjoying it as well.  No matter how negative, positive or in between we've been, we can all enjoy this together as passionate and faithful Demon fans.  It's just amazing.

Thanks for thinking of me and I'll hopefully have more time to enjoy this with you all in the next few days!  Go Dees! 

Hope it's all on the up now for you Wise. Look forward to hearing from you this Sat!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Wiseblood said:

Hey mate,

Thanks for the tag.  I'm still around (been swamped with work, sickness, my little girl got sick as well etc) so I haven't been around much lately.  I'm hopeful that it's all passing now though!

I've been enjoying every bloody minute of this and what makes me even happier is that I know everyone here has been enjoying it as well.  No matter how negative, positive or in between we've been, we can all enjoy this together as passionate and faithful Demon fans.  It's just amazing.

Thanks for thinking of me and I'll hopefully have more time to enjoy this with you all in the next few days!  Go Dees! 

G'day WB. I thought you must of gone on holiday wit the stevethemanjordon

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, binman said:

G'day WB. I thought you must of gone on holiday wit the stevethemanjordon

A holiday?  I wish, mate.  Have a bit of time up my sleeve but won't be taking it until after the Dees have won the flag in just over a week's time! :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On Wednesday, September 19, 2018 at 8:46 AM, Clint Bizkit said:

I've been calm for most of this finals series, although when Hawthorn got back to within a couple of goals in the fourth quarter the nerves started to kick in.

I'm still just celebrating the fact that we are even playing finals.

Now we have to win it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/16/2018 at 10:16 PM, Red and Bluebeard said:

Just realised that when Gunston hit the post from 10 metres or whatever that he was only one second or so away from being crunched by Viney. No wonder he missed!

That is the eternal secret with Gunstone .... footsteps! Viney knew it and Gunstone was just lucky to put the ball on his foot. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 9/19/2018 at 8:46 AM, Clint Bizkit said:

I've been calm for most of this finals series, although when Hawthorn got back to within a couple of goals in the fourth quarter the nerves started to kick in.

I'm still just celebrating the fact that we are even playing finals.

Bar set far too low.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, monoccular said:

Bar set far too low.

Why?

I've loved this finals series, I've seen my team play great footy on two consecutive Friday nights in front of over 90,000 people both times.

It sure beats watching on from the sidelines like we have the past 12 years.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×