Jump to content

  • Latest Podcast: Peter Jackson

Sign in to follow this  
Sir Why You Little

Sponsorship

Recommended Posts

The massive amount of exposure our sponsors are getting post Round 23 is so important. 

Keep winning and it will amplify even more....

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Sir Why You Little said:

The massive amount of exposure our sponsors are getting post Round 23 is so important. 

Keep winning and it will amplify even more....

A bit of Friday night exposure during the year wouldn't hurt either.

Hopefully the AFL are watching these Demons.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Demonland said:

A bit of Friday night exposure during the year wouldn't hurt either.

Hopefully the AFL are watching these Demons.

Yes. But am talking September Exposure. 

Making Finals is what it is all about

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Sir Why You Little said:

Yes. But am talking September Exposure. 

Making Finals is what it is all about

For sure. September exposure is huge for Sponsorship. I imagine our membership will get a nice bump too.

3 or 4 or more Friday night games spread across the whole year can't hurt either.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Demonland said:

 

3 or 4 or more Friday night games spread across the whole year can't hurt either.

That will happen, no doubt about it. 90,000 crowds are noticed. 

What i am alerting people to is how much more a Sponshorship deal can be with September exposure

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I imagine they write extra bonuses into our contract if we make finals then a GF.  Could bring extra income into the club.  Last year the tigers made a huge profit on the GF win, same with bulldogs previous year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not sponsorship related but given there was 90,000+ last week and probably the same this week does anyone know how the gate is divided and how much extra cash this actually represents? 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

you'd think finals alone would see a boost of at least 10k in members. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, FarNorthernD said:

Not sponsorship related but given there was 90,000+ last week and probably the same this week does anyone know how the gate is divided and how much extra cash this actually represents? 

As I understand it finals revenue goes in the main to the AFL. The participating clubs are paid to reflect their additional expenses (four more games) but it is nothing spectacular. For example the prize money for the Bulldogs in 2016 was $1M. Not much when you consider clubs asked for more to play one game in China.

There has been talk of making the prize money for finals substantial but it's all tied up in the equalization discussions.

An article in the herald sun which I could not access speaks of the AFL making $19M from last years GF.

For years the prize money for the NAB cup was equal if not higher than that awarded to the premiership team.

 

"Prize money is awarded to the victorious club.

However the amount is probably not reflective of the magnitude of participating in the event. It is often assumed simply that the winner of the premiership typically experiences an increase in revenue through increases in membership and merchandise sales.

The current cash prize for the winning club is A$1 million. Before 2006, a cash prize to the winning club of A$200,000 was awarded (In contrast, the winner of the NAB Cup, the far less important pre-season competition which was held from 1998 to 2013, was awarded a similar amount, A$210,000). Following the Sydney Swans premiership in 2005, many clubs publicly questioned the prize money,[11] which had not increased significantly for many years and barely covered the cost of participation in the finals series."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AFL_Grand_Final#Prize_money

PS: Apparently the NRL is even worse when it comes to prize money

Edited by Diamond_Jim
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Infinity and Zurich must be licking their lips, having joined relatively late. But Northern Territory, New Balance and Hertz - who have been with us for a while - must be feeling good right about now. Paying off big time after sticking with us. Their stuff is appearing everywhere, and our club is becoming very savvy at ensuring sponsors names/logos are in most photos or media articles. 

What's important is us, the supporters, remembering to use our sponsors. I have remembered 2 or 3 times after making a purchase and been really annoyed with myself. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, Maldonboy38 said:

Infinity and Zurich must be licking their lips, having joined relatively late. But Northern Territory, New Balance and Hertz - who have been with us for a while - must be feeling good right about now. Paying off big time after sticking with us. Their stuff is appearing everywhere, and our club is becoming very savvy at ensuring sponsors names/logos are in most photos or media articles. 

What's important is us, the supporters, remembering to use our sponsors. I have remembered 2 or 3 times after making a purchase and been really annoyed with myself. 

I try and use Hertz when I travel, and I get my share of New Balance apparel (but not shoes - rusted onto Asics), but using China Southern - still working upto that.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Demonland said:

A bit of Friday night exposure during the year wouldn't hurt either.

Hopefully the AFL are watching these Demons.

I wonder if Carltons sponsors have asked for less Friday nigjt exposure to help minimise damage to their brand? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m expecting the following marquee games next year:

1 Friday night home MCG game

1 Friday night away MCG or Etihad game 

1 Friday night interstate game 

1 Thursday night interstate game 

1 Anzac Eve

1 Queens B’day

4 Saturday night channel 7 games, both here and interstate.

Edited by Bring-Back-Powell

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bonus to be......... 
Pick your own Umpires each game....Razor to be our first one picked

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Maldonboy38 said:

Infinity and Zurich must be licking their lips, having joined relatively late. But Northern Territory, New Balance and Hertz - who have been with us for a while - must be feeling good right about now. Paying off big time after sticking with us. Their stuff is appearing everywhere, and our club is becoming very savvy at ensuring sponsors names/logos are in most photos or media articles. 

What's important is us, the supporters, remembering to use our sponsors. I have remembered 2 or 3 times after making a purchase and been really annoyed with myself. 

Well said, must keep New Balance happy they make quality gear and sponsor the two biggest clubs in the world, MFC and LFC. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Bring-Back-Powell said:

I’m expecting the following marquee games next year:

1 Friday night home MCG game

1 Friday night away MCG or Etihad game 

1 Friday night interstate game 

1 Thursday night interstate game 

1 Anzac Eve

1 Queens B’day

4 Saturday night channel 7 games, both here and interstate.

Thats it? If we dont get at least 5 Friday night games, at least 3 as the home team, a bevvy of sat night games then its a complete joke, we've been involved in the best games of the year and play and eye catching brand of football.

What more does this football club have to do to get more exposure.

Edited by Win4theAges
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×