Jump to content

  • Latest Podcast: Peter Jackson Interview



Sign in to follow this  
Grapeviney

Lord Nev - the t-shirt

Recommended Posts

Looks like it took them all of 5 seconds to design that shirt

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Grapeviney said:

Thanks to the good folk at Carlton Draft, Lord Nev has finally been recognised as back pocket royalty. 

KCoPCvn.jpg

I don't want to be disagreeable, but I really don't think Nev, or his family, would like this inference, Re lords, etc.   Given what his peoples have been through. in the past 200+ years.

 

Surely, surely we can think of another way with words more applicable, to show our appreciation to Nev Jetta, and his family.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, DV8 said:

I don't want to be disagreeable, but I really don't think Nev, or his family, would like this inference, Re lords, etc.   Given what his peoples have been through. in the past 200+ years.

 

Surely, surely we can think of another way with words more applicable, to show our appreciation to Nev Jetta, and his family.

I showed his cousin and some family members and they loved it. 

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Ethan Tremblay said:

I showed his cousin and some family members and they loved it. 

Glad that's the case.

I guess you could look at it two ways:

1.  Get offended and angry;

Or

2.  Look at the irony in it, have a laugh at that and be proud of the acknowledgement/complement;

Personally I'd understand either reaction and not judging either as right or wrong.

However he is somewhat comically portrayed, Nev is a bloody legend of a bloke and the MFC as far as I'm sure most of us are concerned.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Ethan Tremblay said:

I showed his cousin and some family members and they loved it. 

that's good, fair enough.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Rodney (Balls) Grinter said:

Glad that's the case.

I guess you could look at it two ways:

1.  Get offended and angry;

Or

2.  Look at the irony in it, have a laugh at that and be proud of the acknowledgement/complement;

Personally I'd understand either reaction and not judging either as right or wrong.

However he is somewhat comically portrayed, Nev is a bloody legend of a bloke and the MFC as far as I'm sure most of us are concerned.

And of course he jumped to offended on behalf of somebody else which is the way of the internet.

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lord

1.
a man of noble rank or high office; a nobleman.
 
What to be offended about? 
sheesh! 
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Fork 'em said:

And of course he jumped to offended on behalf of somebody else which is the way of the internet.

 

and then there's always the people that treat everything as 'no big deal' & keep their mouths shut about [censored] up [censored] on the internet (almost stubbornly - no matter what it relates to).. if nev is ok with it, i am ok with it. but i wouldn't feel comfortable wearing a shirt that is designed by a beer company (there's numerous potential issues here), with nev being redrawn to be a bloody lord/pope or whatever that design is.. its pretty offensive.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

4 hours ago, dino rover said:

Lord

1.
a man of noble rank or high office; a nobleman.
 
What to be offended about? 
sheesh! 

Never fear, Leftie snowflakes will find something.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Rocky said:

its pretty offensive

To be a man of noble rank.....?

Mind you im getting used to straight privileged white male being an insult 

Personally happy in my own skin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not in the usual seats. Never mind, surrounded by Dees. About to have an ale and then wait for the fireworks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×