• Latest Podcast: Hawthorn

Sign in to follow this  
Demonland

Sam Stynes on EF Win

That was marvellous I agree. Certainly worth a listen The lead up to the interview and the list of departed demons was very moving. 

• Like 1

Sam is a class act.  Loved the part about her back in Jimmy's playing days kissing in the middle of the MCG after everyone had gone.  Whilst the failures of the administration he lead are well acknowledged, I always admired and respected the passion and contribution of Jimmy during this time.  As Garry Lyon says in the intro - "as he was fighting for his life, he was fighting for the footy club".  Tanking saga and Mark Neeld asides, the things I think Jimmy did offer the club which it so desperately needed were passion, positivity and beleif.  I recon Jimmy would have loved to have had PJ as CEO and Roos as coach.

How about Sam's parting admission though - had booked the trip to Bali thinking we weren't going to be playing finals, lol (Bali, the new going to the snow for the modern MFC supporter).

Making and winning finals is one thing, but I'm really looking forward to winning a premiership before we unleash the proper celibrations and acknowledgements though.

Edited by Rodney (Balls) Grinter
  • Like 2

Sam and Jim have a son who is playing footy locally and hopefully can get to AFL standard and play for his dad's club.

Great to see the family enjoying the Dees' improvement.

I was glad to hear that they were at the game and also that Sam and Jim's daughter will be presenting the Jim Stynes Award at the Brownlow again this year - very special.