• Latest Podcast: Hawthorn

1 hour ago, jayceebee31 said:

Been told today by a very reliable source that Preuss to MFC is Definately on, confirmation to be made after finals.

C’mon Ethan, break the story.

• Haha 1

He’s 100% on the radar and I can confirm he’s been seen in and around Melbourne. #ETtradebreaker

Edited by Ethan Tremblay
  • Like 1

Facebook says we offered Tyson but it was rejected.

But, you know, Facebook.

44 minutes ago, Choke said:

But, you know, Facebook.

If that was the case, then i am glad they rejected it. Tyson is worth more than a 3rd round pick, Preuss not so much.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Choke said:

But, you know, Facebook.

Laughable!  Lewis will be gone in 12 months, Jones not long past that.  Tyson has an important role to play in this side over the next few years.  

• Like 7

if we trade tyson for a player who can't even get a run at all in 2018 i will fair dinkum SPEW UP

tyson is a best 22, second rotation inside midfield / first winger for us at the moment

preuss can't even get a game ahead of majak daw as a relief ruck for old man goldstein

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Choke said:

But, you know, Facebook.

With an ageing midfield North would be crazy not to take that deal, not that I want to lose Tyson.  If the fb post is true, maybe our offer was Tyson plus a draft pick and North baulked at that?

Just realised Preuss is in contract till end of 2020.  So we must really want him to effectively trade him out of his contract, so maybe it is a simple player swap...

...North will want overs...

Garlett & 43 for Preuss & 63 sounds reasonable to me.

Have to be prepared to pay a little overs for someone who has 2 years to run on a contract.

I love the idea of us aquiring Preuss. Our midfield could be coming into a decade of dominance and our season would be derailed with the current back up ruck stocks we have after Max. I'd be willing to pay the bloke huge overs to sit down at Casey and be the raininy day rainbow should big Max suffer and injury next year. The benefit to Casey and the developement of our midfield brigade at Casey would be so beneficial.

How many years was Jonathan Griffin back up to Sandilands? The big fella is STILL going, while Griffin finished his career on 97 games in a decade-long playing career as second fiddle 

Some blokes are more than happy to be role players eeking out a long career as a result