Jump to content

  • Latest Podcast: Hawthorn



Recommended Posts

35 minutes ago, goodoil said:

there is absolutely no way Mitch King will be kept on the list after last week's performance.

Seems like he and Flip are busts.

Bring in Preuss, have Weid and T Mac as relief rucks when needed and we should be set.

Then theres Bradtke too, though he would only be a break open in case of extreme emergency and a few years off playing senior footy youd think.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kid can play.

How long have we been training ruckmen at Casey, who have not come on, at all

Max needs assistance if he is to play for years...

Smart move

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No way we can play Hogan, TMAC, Weid, Gawn and Preuss in the same side. I think he’ll go to a club where he can be first ruck or close to. Ess, Carl, Adel, Geel

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Soooooo....if we're sniffing around...then what are the dominoes ?

Watson....the list is afoot !!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Goldstein is 30 ... why would you leave to be second fiddle to the all Australian ruckman who is now 26.

The second ruck has to be able to play as a KPP or he just fills in at Casey.

Hell clubs prefer no ruckman over one who can't cut it around the ground.

PS.. I see he's been passed by a younger guy at VFL level

Edited by Diamond_Jim
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Draft for mids, trade for talls, although in this case if he is likely to be delisted then its just a list spot and some salary cap.

We are in desperate need of backup for Max. This seems like a smart move if we are indeed looking at Preuss. Not the worst going around and still has some development left in him. (only 23 i think)

Yes from me.

Edit: i see he is contracted until 2020 so we would need to trade. Still he shouldnt cost more than a 3rd rounder at worst.

Edited by ding

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, goodoil said:

there is absolutely no way Mitch King will be kept on the list after last week's performance.

Mitch isn’t even in the Casey side for this Saturday although it’s not clear as to whether or not he’s injured. 

Preuss would be handy but what role would he play if Max remains injury free?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, ding said:

Draft for mids, trade for talls, although in this case if he is likely to be delisted then its just a list spot and some salary cap.

We are in desperate need of backup for Max. This seems like a smart move if we are indeed looking at Preuss. Not the worst going around and still has some development left in him. (only 23 i think)

Yes from me.

Edit: i see he is contracted until 2020 so we would need to trade. Still he shouldnt cost more than a 3rd rounder at worst.

How do you figure that?

I would think our 2nd rd would be in play, as several clubs would be interested.

Would be nice to add a huge bodied, aggressive player to the list.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The only way this makes sense to me is if the plan is for Hogan to move to midfield or even the backline because Preuss can only play ruck or deep forward.

That way Gawn and Preuss could swap ruck and forward with each other, plus there is some contingency if Gawn gets injured.

I can’t understand why Preuss wouldn’t go to somewhere like the Bulldogs, St.Kilda or Adelaide where he would have a clear run at being #1 ruckman.

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The club must have a plan. They won't go to him with a rubbish offer...our track record of recent times suggests otherwise.

I'm bloody curious.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, faultydet said:

How do you figure that?

I would think our 2nd rd would be in play, as several clubs would be interested.

Would be nice to add a huge bodied, aggressive player to the list.

If he nominates us we have more leverage in the trade. Recon a third rounder for someone who didnt play at all this year would be enough.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Lampers said:

The only way this makes sense to me is if the plan is for Hogan to move to midfield or even the backline because Preuss can only play ruck or deep forward.

That way Gawn and Preuss could swap ruck and forward with each other, plus there is some contingency if Gawn gets injured.

I can’t understand why Preuss wouldn’t go to somewhere like the Bulldogs, St.Kilda or Adelaide where he would have a clear run at being #1 ruckman.

Omac still to sign also

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Probably a no for me. We are tall enough already, and I think max has really got his body right this season shape wise and I’m tipping he stays up long term. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, SFebes said:

Omac still to sign also

It starts getting pretty convoluted if moving on a promising and developing key defender is the catalyst for securing a ruck from another club.

Perhaps it’s just Preuss has told his manager he likes Melbourne as he can see the potential for success so that’s triggered discussions, but the realities or practicalities haven’t really played a part yet. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Smokey said:

Probably a no for me. We are tall enough already, and I think max has really got his body right this season shape wise and I’m tipping he stays up long term. 

I wouldn’t say no if he wants to come - it’s looking very likely at this stage that we won’t have a ruck on the list other than Max and whatever kid we might draft. 

It’s just the question of why the f he would want to come that has me stumped.

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Germanic stock-sign him up.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Nasher said:

I wouldn’t say no if he wants to come - it’s looking very likely at this stage that we won’t have a ruck on the list other than Max whatever kid we might draft. 

It’s just the question of why the f he would want to come that has me stumped.

Exactly. He could be 1st string elsewhere 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Petraccattack said:

MELBOURNE has emerged as an unlikely suitor for lightly played Kangaroos ruckman Braydon Preuss.

Preuss played eight games last year and threatened Todd Goldstein's status as North Melbourne's No.1 big man, but failed to play a senior match in 2018 despite dominating at VFL level.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-08-30/dees-emerging-as-surprise-suitor-for-big-roo

Aahh,,, well !. 

Brayden Preuss to your Tom Lynch E'd, and raise you a Weideman...  you've got Buckleys chance.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, demonstone said:

It's obvious.  Straight swap for Hogan.

Do you sense a 3some happening somewhere, somehow ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, DV8 said:

Do you sense a 3some happening somewhere, somehow ?

Always only a text message away for me .

Edited by Biffen
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Shocked 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Demons11 said:

Very interesting.

I guess with the proposed rule changes could we see teams play 2 genuine rucks or is he just a 2nd fiddle to the great Max

Yes, good call, but not so much 2019, as 2020 more-so.

But Preuss would play next year for sure.  Teams are scrambling for that extra ruck, to add to their current rucks.  So rule changes are afoot.

1 hour ago, chook fowler said:

We are so vulnerable if Max goes down or burns out. It would be a common sense  decision to pursue him.

or just gets tendonitis.  We need cover now, as we are entering our window, quickly.

 

1 hour ago, Whispering_Jack said:

Mitch isn’t even in the Casey side for this Saturday although it’s not clear as to whether or not he’s injured. 

Preuss would be handy but what role would he play if Max remains injury free?

We'd need another quick small IMO. To compensate. Cyril anyone?

Edited by DV8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
23 minutes ago, Biffen said:

Always only a text message away for me .

 Bbo got the night off, Biff ?  just you and the maid again ?  who does she work for anyway?

1 hour ago, Lampers said:

It starts getting pretty convoluted if moving on a promising and developing key defender is the catalyst for securing a ruck from another club.

Perhaps it’s just Preuss has told his manager he likes Melbourne as he can see the potential for success so that’s triggered discussions, but the realities or practicalities haven’t really played a part yet. 

Yes, but think GCSuns (needs)... and think our tall defender stocks ?

Something is very definately, aFoot.?

 

....edit:  ohhh.... WoW !!!  GCS's_

Edited by DV8
  • Shocked 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Smokey said:

Probably a no for me. We are tall enough already, and I think max has really got his body right this season shape wise and I’m tipping he stays up long term. 

Yeah...never mind the bloke who potentially falls across his knee or ankle at any time going forward. (Touch wood).

A senior game proven backup Ruckman is a massive yes from me. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In theory I liks it, but I just don't see why he would want to come to us.

I was expecting our target to be someone along the lines of Darcy Cameron, Billy Longer, Zac Smith etc. Someone who would know they're there as the number 2 guy for when Gawn's unavailable. Not someone who wants the number 1 gig now.

  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We need a back up ruckman, haven’t seen much of Preuss, but what little I have seen was good.

 

That said, I can’t understand why he would come to us, as he must know he is coming to play for Casey unless big Max gets injured

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×