Discussion on recent allegations about the use of illicit drugs in football is forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Bull or Mutton?

DV8

Turnbull & Dutton have reached agreement. IMO.

Similar to Hawk & Keating.   A handover, when the price is right.

I worked it out this time last night.

Dutton has No chance outside QLD... at the moment.  Hence his resignation of his immigration portfolio. 

And going to the backbench,,, but yet is on the campaign trail, re-badging himself.

Turnbull will resign his leadership of the Libs and the country, just before Xmas shutdown of the Parliament.  With the intention of not running at the next Federal Election.  Turnbull's time is up.

He, Turnbull will handover cleanly, the leadership to Dutton at this time, in a clean changeover of power.

Dutton has 3 months, to realign his public image.

3 hours ago, DV8 said:

Turnbull & Dutton have reached agreement. IMO.

Similar to Hawk & Keating.   A handover, when the price is right.

I worked it out this time last night.

Dutton has No chance outside QLD... at the moment.  Hence his resignation of his immigration portfolio. 

And going to the backbench,,, but yet is on the campaign trail, re-badging himself.

Turnbull will resign his leadership of the Libs and the country, just before Xmas shutdown of the Parliament.  With the intention of not running at the next Federal Election.  Turnbull's time is up.

He, Turnbull will handover cleanly, the leadership to Dutton at this time, in a clean changeover of power.

Dutton has 3 months, to realign his public image.

Gee if only these things were so clean and managable. I don’t think it will be so predictable. Turnbull will be gone sooner rather than later. The Walloper who will vote for him outside Queensland? 

• Like 1

God help us. Still, Dutton is what this country deserves after its vote for Abbot and Turnbulldust. Can't see them winning with Dutton anyhow, which typifies, I guess, the mindset of the political far right of this country, in that they'd et to Brute the only vague hope they had of winning another election. Like I say, God help this country, it is following the USA, I.E. a country of lunatics run by the chief resident lunatic.

1 hour ago, Earl Hood said:

Gee if only these things were so clean and managable. I don’t think it will be so predictable. Turnbull will be gone sooner rather than later. The Walloper who will vote for him outside Queensland? 

Lets see how it unfolds, the remainder of this week. 

I think dutton needs time to 'soften' his image first if he's smart;,,, if he's impatient, he could cook himself, before he begins.

If its a hostile takeover, then it will be a mess.   And they will not recover from it.

Its a time to be team first, around the world. 

2012 was the beginning, I think, of the 'end times'.  or,,, 'the time of troubles'. or,,, the beginning of 'No time'...

...  the end of 'the old' Era... prior to the new beginning, 'Aquarius', 'New Time', the 'Female aspect of God'...

Right now we are in 'Murphy's Law'_  if you like.  Everything is breaking down, the climate, the democracies,  all old power bastions, the church's,

.... power bases of the old, are breaking down.

Is this the beginning, of the return of god? ( not the churches model )....

We are all indeed starting to spin backwards.   And the 'ring of fire', also is hotting up.   Has been accelerating more, since 2012.

I wish we still had our car industry alive, within our shores.  Thanks Tony 'Rabbot'.

The things I've read, everything is turned on its head.  But definately NOT the end of the world. 

Nostradamus has us going on for another few thousand years yet.

As do the Mayans.

But, 'the bible', as far as I can see, ends now.

Edited by DV8

I've overestimated this Turnbull led Coalition government.  I thought 'they' had more class than this.   The Libs and the Nationals.

They are now exposing what they really are, under their coats.

They're turning 'cannibalistic'.

This government just wallows in it's own egotistical stupidity.  The last 4 Prime Ministers all have blood on their hands. It is a joke. The biggest problem here though is that the opposition are worse.

Interesting to listen to some of the conservative members and commentators when asked by Journos to explain why the party is being torn apart and likely to lose power, they state that the Libs needed to address the steady loose of their primary vote mostly to One Nation or other far right groups. Malcolm could not bring the so called broad church of the liberal party together.

I am thinking the leaching of the Libs primary vote off to the more extreme right parties is the price they are paying for close to 20 years of xenophobic fear mongering that started with Johnny Howard’s Tampa scare campaign in 2001, re “ we will decide who comes to this country....”  Since then we invaded Iraq, vilified Muslims, inferred that boat people were terrorists and somehow a threat to our borders as if they were invading and plundering pirates and on and on to recent scare campaigns on African Gangs rampaging through Melbourne. No wonder those people who believe this rubbish are now looking for extreme policies espoused by the Hansen’s and now Duttons of politics. 

I doubt the LNP can garner 50% of the vote with far right policies of fear and xenophobia, allowing Labour to occupy the middle ground and own the climate change debate. I maybe wrong.

By the way is it a coincidence that Rupert flew into Canberra last week and these recent events and the coordinated attacks by Newscorp papers, Sky and 2GB? 

• Like 1

Was stunned on AFL 360, Robbo slammed Dutton saying he'd be a disaster and then got Gerard to agree!!! On a Fox show... Never seen such a bold call on a non sporting issue. Had a good laugh at how uncomfortable Gerard was, I think he knew they were well off the reservation.

14 hours ago, Earl Hood said:

Interesting to listen to some of the conservative members and commentators when asked by Journos to explain why the party is being torn apart and likely to lose power, they state that the Libs needed to address the steady loose of their primary vote mostly to One Nation or other far right groups. Malcolm could not bring the so called broad church of the liberal party together.

I am thinking the leaching of the Libs primary vote off to the more extreme right parties is the price they are paying for close to 20 years of xenophobic fear mongering that started with Johnny Howard’s Tampa scare campaign in 2001, re “ we will decide who comes to this country....”  Since then we invaded Iraq, vilified Muslims, inferred that boat people were terrorists and somehow a threat to our borders as if they were invading and plundering pirates and on and on to recent scare campaigns on African Gangs rampaging through Melbourne. No wonder those people who believe this rubbish are now looking for extreme policies espoused by the Hansen’s and now Duttons of politics. 

I doubt the LNP can garner 50% of the vote with far right policies of fear and xenophobia, allowing Labour to occupy the middle ground and own the climate change debate. I maybe wrong.

By the way is it a coincidence that Rupert flew into Canberra last week and these recent events and the coordinated attacks by Newscorp papers, Sky and 2GB? 

I think, Earl, the world is swinging wildly.   Out of its past temperate balance.

The last time the world was entering a tumultuous time-frame, I think was around the time of WW1, to near the end of Vietnam conflict. 

Similar time-frame of Mfc's last power era.

At least, for a little while at least, we have been saved from the ex copper. In the meantime, we have a born again christian whose speech manner has become more strident and faster over the years, the originator of the extreme ruthlessness on so-called boat people, an opponent of  same sex marriage, and someone who is able to reduce all of his crusades into meaningless mantras, his latest, about unemployment and how business is booming because of his  pro Banks, pro Big business policies. 

In the meantime, the two biggest snipers in the LIberal Party arsenal - Abbot and the Pit Bull Potato - will be lurking round his boat like great white sharks.

In the meantime, I note with pleasure that the party which had such a rollicking ball pointing to the disunity of the labor Party, has imploded and killed off two mid term prime ministers. Mind you, I'm so glad the Abbot fell on his own perfidious sword. 

At least now Malcolm can return to what he's good at, namely making a lot of money, and he can revert to his real name again, Turnbull instead of Turnbulls.itter.

Edited by george_on_the_outer
legal
  • Like 1

Hey mods, (@grapeviney) just a query, is there some sort of grace period that we can chat politics? this is a good moment to have a chat? Don't want to be banned leading into Finals but wish to join @Dieter and @Jara in some jolly lefty gloating at the lunar right sinking one of the few reasonable liberal politicians. Here in Rome, the Italians and Belgians are laughing at us.

also this gem from titus if you haven't seen it/subscribed...

We live in a rare world where Richmond are more stable than our democracy.

I remember when being Prime Minister was a stable job and being Richmond coach was a short-term position.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Wrecker45 said:

As someone who might actually vote liberal and I challenge any of the above posters to declare which way they are inclined to vote.

Turnbull is a left wing enemy.

Ah, Wreck, I vote Green, just for the record, voted labor before Beazley squibbed it when Howard and Reith poisoned Australia with the lies about children overboard, and will never, have never voted for the Liberal party in my life. That does not mean I subscribe to some pretty stupid Green policies - they are the ones responsible for Rudd's back down on making climate change a real issue for Australians with their hard line rhetoric - but it means I don't have to vote for the troglodyte policies of the right.

I guess I have just understood where you come from if you regard Turnbull as left wing. Wow!!! That's about all I can say within the realms of decency and respect.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Wrecker45 said:

As someone who might actually vote liberal and I challenge any of the above posters to declare which way they are inclined to vote.

Turnbull is a left wing enemy.

Wrecker can you please enlighten us poor lefties how Turnbull was a left wing enemy to the LNP, to the extent that the hard right has been willing to tear the party apart and cost them power.

In the end all that has been achieved with Morrison in charge is the demise of  an individual. Turnbull tried to get corporate tax cuts through, and put forward a very compromised NEG to reduce power prices that incorporated Tony Abbott’s agreed emissions targets. What’s so leftwing about that? 

2 hours ago, dieter said:

I guess I have just understood where you come from if you regard Turnbull as left wing. Wow!!! That's about all I can say within the realms of decency and respect.

Funny, just an aside but I took that to mean that Turnbull didn't like the left (which I would agree with), not that he was a smelly lefty.

Personally as a dirty, tree hugging, rabbit patting, rice guarding, refugee helping, amarone sipping, but not a bloody vegetarian, humanitarian, Turnbull was the first right wing PM that could at least be unifying for the country since I don't know when. Even if I couldn't vote for him, I could respect him as someone that had made his own way in the world and was not just an entitled b@stard. I also respected his family life, as silly and as old fashioned as that is, was more important than him having an ego the size of a pyramid. 

But what the recent days bring home, and really frustrates me, were the reminders of the massive own goals by the labour party, Rudd not working and delegating to his team throwing away a brilliant mandate to continue with some progressive policies and then white anting Julia out of bitterness when she was getting on with business (passing more legislation in a minority government than any bloke since WW2). This has led labour into having a total windsock in Bill Shorten, who I cannot respect, and I can't vote green because besides some environmental and progressive policies, they have a flat earth approach to the economy, and I can't support policies that don't make employment the primary consideration, otherwise things get violent, regardless of how much welfare you deliver.     

@Earl Hood you are not in the cafe business are you (recent 30 year work anniversary)? 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, DaisyDeeciple said:

Hey mods, (@grapeviney) just a query, is there some sort of grace period that we can chat politics? this is a good moment to have a chat? Don't want to be banned leading into Finals but wish to join @Dieter and @Jara in some jolly lefty gloating at the lunar right sinking one of the few reasonable liberal politicians. Here in Rome, the Italians and Belgians are laughing at us.

also this gem from titus if you haven't seen it/subscribed...

We live in a rare world where Richmond are more stable than our democracy.

I remember when being Prime Minister was a stable job and being Richmond coach was a short-term position.

That’s interesting, I’ve just left Rome and no one I spoke to there even knew we had changed. 

The Italians have had more changes of Government since the end of World War 11 than the English have had in 200 years so they’d hardly be the ones to take notice of. 

8 minutes ago, Dante said:

That’s interesting, I’ve just left Rome and no one I spoke to there even knew we had changed. 

The Italians have had more changes of Government since the end of World War 11 than the English have had in 200 years so they’d hardly be the ones to take notice of. 

I was making a joke comparing us to the Italians... they are way too busy with the mirrors to care about our politics

• Like 1

On 8/23/2018 at 1:05 PM, Earl Hood said:

I’m on my way back to Australia from Europe and I’ve noticed the tightening up of security and the increased number of police and army on the streets, most armed with automatic weapons. I had to go through security to get in to a Nespresso store on the Champs élysées in Paris. In fact you can’t get in to any monument or major church in Europe, without having your bag searched or scanned  

They are currently constructing a barrier around the Eiffel Tower to complement the existing bollards and other security measures. Europe is stuffed and in constant fear of terrorist attack.

Isnt it interesting we don’t have that problem here. 

9 hours ago, DaisyDeeciple said:

Funny, just an aside but I took that to mean that Turnbull didn't like the left (which I would agree with), not that he was a smelly lefty.

Personally as a dirty, tree hugging, rabbit patting, rice guarding, refugee helping, amarone sipping, but not a bloody vegetarian, humanitarian, Turnbull was the first right wing PM that could at least be unifying for the country since I don't know when. Even if I couldn't vote for him, I could respect him as someone that had made his own way in the world and was not just an entitled b@stard. I also respected his family life, as silly and as old fashioned as that is, was more important than him having an ego the size of a pyramid. 

But what the recent days bring home, and really frustrates me, were the reminders of the massive own goals by the labour party, Rudd not working and delegating to his team throwing away a brilliant mandate to continue with some progressive policies and then white anting Julia out of bitterness when she was getting on with business (passing more legislation in a minority government than any bloke since WW2). This has led labour into having a total windsock in Bill Shorten, who I cannot respect, and I can't vote green because besides some environmental and progressive policies, they have a flat earth approach to the economy, and I can't support policies that don't make employment the primary consideration, otherwise things get violent, regardless of how much welfare you deliver.     

@Earl Hood you are not in the cafe business are you (recent 30 year work anniversary)? 

Exactly except the right wing bit. Turnbull was the Prime Minister of the conservative party that the left could stomach but never vote for.

12 hours ago, Earl Hood said:

Wrecker can you please enlighten us poor lefties how Turnbull was a left wing enemy to the LNP, to the extent that the hard right has been willing to tear the party apart and cost them power.

In the end all that has been achieved with Morrison in charge is the demise of  an individual. Turnbull tried to get corporate tax cuts through, and put forward a very compromised NEG to reduce power prices that incorporated Tony Abbott’s agreed emissions targets. What’s so leftwing about that? 

Turnbull's NEG was a disaster. Trying to legislate unelected UN bureaucratic plant food restrictions was the height of left wing idiocy.

This week rates as one of the most memorable of my life Melbourne made the finals for the first time in 12 years and Turnbull has been humiliatingly torn down. 

It's ok though for all you lefties John Hewson will no longer be the go to "Liberal" politician for a quote now you will hear from Turnbull on the unbiased ABC.

2 hours ago, Dante said:

Australia is trying hard to emulate Italy this way. The trouble is Australian can't really emulate the Italians: Italian food, wine and culture is way way superior and Australia still hasn't produced a Sophia Loren .Still, those Italians, Lou Reed said, need a lesson to be taught..

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, dieter said:

Australia is trying hard to emulate Italy this way. The trouble is Australian can't really emulate the Italians: Italian food, wine and culture is way way superior and Australia still hasn't produced a Sophia Loren .Still, those Italians, Lou Reed said, need a lesson to be taught..

Every culture is better than ours when you're a self loathing leftist.

Our wine, food and culture are pretty good actually. And our coal is the best.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Wrecker45 said:

Every culture is better than ours when you're a self loathing leftist.

Our wine, food and culture are pretty good actually. And our coal is the best.

Ah, Wreck, you and your leftis/rightist axis. Really, the world is a bit more complicated than that.

I'd like to think I'm neither left nor right. I've always regarded these orientations were more to do with which arm you write, brush your teeth and wipe your bum with. Not to mention which side you hold a violin or a cricket bat.Not to mention the noble art of Nose Picking: Right handed or left?????1f601.png?

Edited by dieter