Jump to content

  • Latest Podcast: Hawthorn



Demonland

Chris Judd thinks we celebrated too hard.

Recommended Posts

5 hours ago, Males said:

I listen to triple m footy a bit when I'm stuck working during the games, Juddy is pretty bullish on the Dees and how well they could do in finals, I got the feeling that he doesn't want the Dees to be celebrating so much for just making finals when he thinks we should go further?

I understand what he's getting at, but considering how long it's been for the club, you can understand the players getting pumped up about it. 😄

Spot on. That's how I read it as well.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, solly21 said:

Lets just wait and see what happens when his team Carlton finally make the finals again lets see how much they celebrate when they win to Qualify for the finals it will be interesting to hear his thoughts then time will tell.

They will be getting a"dial a quote" from him in a nursing home. Could be a long time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I did notice that we didn’t celebrate each goal we scored as much as in the previous matches . It was more focused on getting the job and winning done . Staying in the moment . It was only those in the last quarter that they began to celebrate the goals with more zeal.. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Pates said:

Looking at the scenes I actually don’t think we celebrated that hard, considering everything we’ve been through you would’ve forgiven Jonesy for doing a victory sprint around the ground. 

It was a big match, it was a tight match, it was relief, but I don’t think we actually celebrated that hard. 🤷‍♂️

I am with you.... the 3 hr delayed flight home would have definitely dented the spirits also...

Judd is a cold robot...who cares what he thinks...

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Guy in media, paid stupid money to make comments, makes comment. Probably a little provocative, but also complimentary at the same time. That's the industry in Australia. More than double the number of media cover AFL compared to federal politics. Such comments should be water off a ducks back. Don't bother shooting the messenger. Don't waste your time getting worked up over nothing. The opinions of Demonlanders mean much more. They know their team. They know what it means to break a 12-year drought. Most in the AFL media know nine-tenths if f*** all!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If Judd thought the players after-the-siren celebration was over the top he should have been at my place on Sunday..

  • Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just a troll comment from Judd to start an argument/debate on footy classified which is what that show is all about Fake debate and"heated" arguments. Who cares

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Juddy thinks we can win the flag and this will hopefully be a little reminder not to get ahead of ourselves 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Males said:

I listen to triple m footy a bit when I'm stuck working during the games, Juddy is pretty bullish on the Dees and how well they could do in finals, I got the feeling that he doesn't want the Dees to be celebrating so much for just making finals when he thinks we should go further?

I understand what he's getting at, but considering how long it's been for the club, you can understand the players getting pumped up about it. 😄

After he said it, he also mentioned that we can go all the way. He just made the point that we need to keep focus. Lloyd also had a good opinion of us, but was happy for us to unite and celebrate together 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bit of unfair criticism for Judd here.  You gotta remember he was captain at Meth Coast where Cousins, Gardiner, Chick etc all knew a thing or two about celebrations.

Respect.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, Wolfturdo said:

Wow people are ready to defend Jack Watts in the other thread to the hilt but when a champion of the game has a say you’re all ready to get the knives out. Can not believe the double standards. Judd is an icon of the game who has walked the walk and tasted success so he probably knows a little about what he’s talking about. Watts wouldn’t be Judd’s bootlace. 

WTF has this to do with Watts!?  I think we need a file where we can record the most irrelevant mentions of Watts made in a thread.  This one will be hard to beat.

Edited by sue
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Judd is right.

 

We should have quietly trudged off the field and practised our eye gouging techniques.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not as though we haven't got time to re-focus before the finals start.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Demonland said:

 

Well the celebrations should have ended at midnight last night.

Time to Re-Focus.  And get nastee.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That was just a piece of soft media. I seem to recall that Judd was a Demon supporter as a kid (not sure where I heard that). He seems to really rate us and has backed us all year. The 'Celebrating too hard' was just trying to find a new media angle. I'm guessing they worked quite a while to find an angle that was different from other shows.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, sue said:

WTF has this to do with Watts!?  I think we need a file where we can record the most irrelevant mentions of Watts made in a thread.  This one will be hard to beat.

I'm saying that after being in that thread that its funny how so many people will defend that guy if someone says boo about him but be so quick to rip into a champion of the game and act like idiots when he has an opinion that they don't 100% agree with god forbid. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, FlashInThePan said:

That was just a piece of soft media. I seem to recall that Judd was a Demon supporter as a kid (not sure where I heard that). He seems to really rate us and has backed us all year. The 'Celebrating too hard' was just trying to find a new media angle. I'm guessing they worked quite a while to find an angle that was different from other shows.

not only was he a demon supporter his whole family was demons supporter, he even promised his dying grandmother on her death bed that he would one day seek a trade back to the dees, true story

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, Wolfturdo said:

I'm saying that after being in that thread that its funny how so many people will defend that guy if someone says boo about him but be so quick to rip into a champion of the game and act like idiots when he has an opinion that they don't 100% agree with god forbid. 

 

30 minutes ago, Wolfturdo said:

I'm saying that after being in that thread that its funny how so many people will defend that guy if someone says boo about him but be so quick to rip into a champion of the game and act like idiots when he has an opinion that they don't 100% agree with god forbid. 

is that you judd

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, don't make me angry said:

not only was he a demon supporter his whole family was demons supporter, he even promised his dying grandmother on her death bed that he would one day seek a trade back to the dees, true story

His Father (Andrew) was a one eyed South Melbourne man

Also my Maths teacher from Year 7-9 and again in Year 11

Good Bloke Mr. Judd, but definately not a Demon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good footballer. Total F$@kwit.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Sir Why You Little said:

His Father (Andrew) was a one eyed South Melbourne man

Also my Maths teacher from Year 7-9 and again in Year 11

Good Bloke Mr. Judd, but definately not a Demon

the other side where demons mother side

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, don't make me angry said:

the other side where demons mother side

That may well be the case. I knew Andrew before Chris was born. 

I do know Chris was a Demon before Meth Coke drafted him

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×