Discussion on recent allegations about the use of illicit drugs in football is forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

GAMEDAY - Round 22

buck_nekkid

10 minutes ago, —coach— said:

, I dropped my $2 into the machine which bought just once chance! Sent the claw into action, positioned it over the toy I was after (yes I’m a fully grown man going after a giant stuffed toy like it was a powertool, what of it!), hit the button while the wife was trying to give directions (which I was successfully ignoring), and bam the claw wrapped its mechanical force around a giant Skye dog from Paw Patrol and dropped it neatly into the chute! It was clinical, it was a result against the odds, it was a rare display of high level skill from yours truely.

Coach, with such sublime clinical execution of a very difficult task based on one solitary attempt, you should be up in the box next to Goody after providing the team with a motivational rev up pre game. The message - “how hard can it be to execute a skill even under immense pressure?”

Well done sir. Generations of dads salute you!

Edited by ProperDee
  • Haha 3

7 hours ago, SaberFang said:

Win, we play finals.

Lose, probably miss finals.

GWS will be breathing fire next week and we're consistently shithouse under any sort of pressure (as evidenced by the last decade of abject misery).

Our destiny is in the players' hands. No more excuses. Sick of the [censored] excuses. Every bloody year it's a fresh excuse for this bloody club! Go out there and win or remain perpetual losers, it's as simple as that.

They got their one 'freebie' bonus life against Sydney and they [censored] it up in true MFC style. Failure seems to be in the DNA of this club.

So it's time to put up or shut up, Melbourne Football Club. Supporters have had a [censored] gutfull over the last decade and you will have no one to blame except yourselves if this year ends with the 12th successive off-season of misery.

ENOUGH IS ENOUGH.

Things are tight again, verging on the edge of eternal darkness....

As mentioned earlier last week by a poster, we should be sitting third on the ladder despite injuries and drops in form of our key prime movers across the season.

We have lost games having won contests across most games, despite the green snot goblins doing most things in their powers for us to be disadvantaged under the auspice of the AFL itself. We have endured a continuous decimation of core/key players and tried anyone of salt from our Casey affiliates.

We have 'freaked out' repeatedly in - and from - critical moments and decisions at such treatment and abuse, and yet, we should be third on the ladder right now.

In front of goal, we have surrendered with some of the most inaccurate kicking ever seen, including an inability to kick the big, long ones over 40 metres from the mouth of goal. We have extremely limited appreciation and ability for the snap shot at goal, for a forward line spread that confuses oppositions, for a heads-up presentation of the ball to our forwards that might cap off some of the incredible, fast work of our midfielders and utilities. This must be reiterated: we have surrendered a bright opportunity this season in kicking in front of goal and in forward approach, and have allowed a mediocre defence to lapse from what looked like - for a very short time - an elite defence with structure and willpower. 

Against such odds, we should be third on the ladder entering the finals for the first time in an embarrassing age. The West Coast team are somewhat weakened this day - enough for us to yet again overcome our own disadvantages felt across this season - so we should cast caution to the wind and go hard, fast and uncompromisingly towards that historical victory that destroys adversity once and for all. 'Carna Dees! 

• Like 2

Great opportunity to test the resilience of this group against a good side with nob-head supporters. Will be our best win since last year when we knocked them off. Do it again Dees comon! 

More confident today than next week. We are already playing finals. Each of these games would be like 4-5 games experience each for our young guns. If we don't win it confirms we are not ready but have learnt lots and I don't want to be there to make up the numbers. If we do I reckon watch the monkey come off the back and see us play freewheeling Dee's footy in September.

Much better team balance this week. Need to stop their rebound from half back, take our chances and we're a serious shake. 

• Like 3

The AFL is such a moveable feast at the moment.

A few weeks ago, I thought the Swans were on their way out after losing to Gold Coast and Essendon and that they would miss playing in the finals.

They scraped home against an injury depleted Collingwood and at this point in time seven days ago, I thought they were no chance against Melbourne at the G.

When the Demons were dominating early in the second quarter at 3.8.26 to 1.2.8 (with lost opportunities to go further ahead), I felt vindicated.

Now, they are a game away from a top four finish. 

I hope we learned something from playing against them last week: from their self-belief and ability to win against the odds.

• Like 5

My abiding memory of last year's game was the soft response of the West coast players when Viney knocked Hurn on his arzzz. 

Who is going to be our Jack Viney today.

Goodness knows we need one. The role is open to anyone in the red and blue.

• Like 2

Sorry to say but I have a sick feeling in my gut that we will lose this game and next weeks against gws and miss the finals again as the cats will smash the gcs and port will beat Essendon. 

It would be typical Melbourne for it to happen this way. 

We always seem to talk about what we need to change but when it comes to actions we r found wanting in a big way. 

Hope I am wrong but you get what you deserve. 

• Like 3

Goody about to be given another Masterclass. I hope he's paying attention as this will show what you can do even without all your list.

Eagles by 23

No joy :(

Just now, spirit of norm smith said:

Swans Cats Gawks all win. We need to win

As in life....all needs are not always met :(

1 hour ago, low flying Robbo said:

Whatever we do, we CANNOT let them take intercept marks in defence. That killed us again last week . I like the idea of Weed playing on McGovern

This!!  I'm not sure Weed is the man though. 

If we bomb it in like we have ALL year,  we fall into their hands and we lose the game. 

Seems so bloody simple. 

1 hour ago, low flying Robbo said:

Whatever we do, we CANNOT let them take intercept marks in defence. That killed us again last week . I like the idea of Weed playing on McGovern

Geez I don't. McGovern will chew up and spit out Weed.

And it highlights a problem... we're effectively worrying about THEIR defender. They should be worrying about our forward. Bet they're not !!

9 hours ago, Sir Why You Little said:

I have said it before, but it has to be said

”This is it Folks, Over the Top...”

Demons 28 points

Take a long line and reel them in.

1 hour ago, —coach— said:

and bam the claw wrapped its mechanical force around a giant Skye dog from Paw Patrol and dropped it neatly into the chute! It was clinical, it was a result against the odds, it was a rare display of high level skill from yours truely.

What the .... we need all the skill we can possibly get our hands on. Don't squander any of it before the game!

To fulfill the power of the omen you will now need to sacrifice Skye the Paw Patrol dog on an altar made of old Swan Lager cans, Mrs Mac's pie wrappers and Rottnest Island travel brochures, using a sharpened stopper from one of Robbie Flower's old boots.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

36 minutes ago, beelzebub said:

Geez I don't. McGovern will chew up and spit out Weed.

And it highlights a problem... we're effectively worrying about THEIR defender. They should be worrying about our forward. Bet they're not !!

McGovern was thrown forward last week, do we think he will play forward it back? With Hogan out they might think it's better to have him down forward with Darling to stretch our defence.

7 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

McGovern was thrown forward last week, do we think he will play forward it back? With Hogan out they might think it's better to have him down forward with Darling to stretch our defence.

We can only hope.

i need a win,  we need a win. too many lost chances this year . so many close games. 

but sadly I don't think we will and we will miss the finals and be another year of failure again. so much promised and seems again very little delivered. I still hope we can win but years of being a melbourne supporter has let me not think we can. 

my hearts says Melbourne by 24 , But my brain say wc by 45