Discussion on recent allegations about the use of illicit drugs in football is forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Macca

Just now, Wadda We Sing said:

Did you see that at the TAB? 13+??

On Laddies but the dividend would have been the similar elsewhere ... in all honesty,  it was the bet of the weekend but again,  when I watch sport I don't particularly want to barrack for a team against one of my teams so I avoid purposely.

I'd rather watch sport for the aesthetics and the contest.  For that reason,  I tend not to bet on games that I intend to watch.  To me it's the sport first when that sporting contest is worth watching.  For instance,  I watched the Wallabies/All Blacks match 'live' for the pure contest and aesthetics and thoroughly enjoyed it.  Others might need other reasons and that is fair enough.

The South Africa/Argentina Union game is different ... I could watch the game if I wanted to but I almost certainly won't watch it.  So I've got a bet on the game.   I will be watching the Hammers play at midnight though!  No bets either!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Macca said:

On Laddies but the dividend would have been the similar elsewhere ... in all honesty,  it was the bet of the weekend but again,  when I watch sport I don't particularly want to barrack for a team against one of my teams so I avoid purposely.

I'd rather watch sport for the aesthetics and the contest.  For that reason,  I tend not to bet on games that I intend to watch.  To me it's the sport first when that sporting contest is worth watching.  For instance,  I watched the Wallabies/All Blacks match 'live' for the pure contest and aesthetics and thoroughly enjoyed it.  Others might need other reasons and that is fair enough.

The South Africa/Argentina Union game is different ... I could watch the game if I wanted to but I almost certainly won't watch it.  So I've got a bet on the game.   I will be watching the Hammers play at midnight though!  No bets either!

I was just wondering because my mate said the TAB didnt have a line on the match......which i found strange

• Like 1
  • Shocked 1

8 minutes ago, Wadda We Sing said:

I was just wondering because my mate said the TAB didnt have a line on the match......which i found strange

Not a line Wadda ... either 1- 12 or 13+

You may be right about the line but with International Rugby Union games I go looking for the 2 margins on offer for either team.  To my reckoning the sport is way more predictable than Rugby League in terms of who wins so it's then just a matter of getting the margin (or line) correct. 

For instance,  in the Rugby Championship games Argentina rarely wins and the All Blacks rarely lose ... and the Wallabies/Springbok games often offer up close finishes.  So the 1-12 comes into play.  It's a very similar story with SuperRugby or the 6 Nations Rugby.  Home field is a strong pointer as well. 

The NBA is predictable as well with about half the games ... again,  the margins/lines or half time/full time gets the odds up.  Q/Q/Q/Q (leading at every change) offers great odds in the NBA as well but only if you're very confident. 

Is the Q/Q/Q/Q a good option in footy? 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Macca said:

Not a line Wadda ... either 1- 12 or 13+

You may be right about the line but with International Rugby Union games I go looking for the 2 margins on offer for either team.  To my reckoning the sport is way more predictable than Rugby League in terms of who wins so it's then just a matter of getting the margin (or line) correct. 

For instance,  in the Rugby Championship games Argentina rarely wins and the All Blacks rarely lose ... and the Wallabies/Springbok games often offer up close finishes.  So the 1-12 comes into play.  It's a very similar story with SuperRugby or the 6 Nations Rugby.  Home field is a strong pointer as well. 

The NBA is predictable as well with about half the games ... again,  the margins/lines or half time/full time gets the odds up.  Q/Q/Q/Q (leading at every change) offers great odds in the NBA as well but only if you're very confident. 

Is the Q/Q/Q/Q a good option in footy? 

Ive rarely done it. I think its a weird one because teams not predictable all match.

I do note most afl games very close so far this round. So 1-39 and either u15.5 is a good option this week and maybe next.

Edited by Wadda We Sing
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Wadda We Sing said:

Ive rarely done it. I think its a weird one because teams not predictable all match.

I do note most afl games very close so far this round. So 1-39 and either u15.5 is a good option this week and maybe next.

Q/Q/Q/Q could have been an option when we played the Suns as the line was -69.5

The leading at every change is a preference for me when a clearly superior team is playing a poor team at home. 

For instance,  the Golden State Warriors can be paying 1.15 for the win at home against poor opposition but are often paying 1.70 - 2.00 for Q/Q/Q/Q given the same opposition.  You bank on them starting off with a bang and then maintaining or increasing that lead for the entire match.

The Bulldogs are paying 1.23 to win against Carlton but are paying 1.73 to lead at every change.  If they jump the Blues as expected it's all over yeah?  Or maybe not ?

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Macca said:

Q/Q/Q/Q could have been an option when we played the Suns as the line was -69.5

The leading at every change is a preference for me when a clearly superior team is playing a poor team at home. 

For instance,  the Golden State Warriors can be paying 1.15 for the win at home against poor opposition but are often paying 1.70 - 2.00 for Q/Q/Q/Q given the same opposition.  You bank on them starting off with a bang and then maintaining or increasing that lead for the entire match.

The Bulldogs are paying 1.23 to win against Carlton but are paying 1.73 to lead at every change.  If they jump the Blues as expected it's all over yeah?  Or maybe not ?

Well now that you put it that way, ive thrown that bulldogs selection in a multi for today. I guess that when you put it that way for one sided affairs it def worth a look although ive seen it as low as 1.22 at times.

EDIT: I found a good one.....Melb, Melb, Melb, WC....paying 21. :)

Edited by Wadda We Sing
  • Like 2

So the overnight results are in and well done to both Macca and DZ for correctly selecting their margin bets.

South Africa to beat Argentina 13+, and it was actually right on the margin with a score of 13pts the difference. The EPL score was Tottenham 3 Fullam 1 so Tottenham the win and +2.5 goals

I picked up a multi including those selections so the thread is off to a good start.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Wadda We Sing said:

So the overnight results are in and well done to both Macca and DZ for correctly selecting their margin bets.

South Africa to beat Argentina 13+, and it was actually right on the margin with a score of 13pts the difference. The EPL score was Tottenham 3 Fullam 1 so Tottenham the win and +2.5 goals

I picked up a multi including those selections so the thread is off to a good start.

Same here Wadda ... my first multi collect for quite some time.  Had Tottenham & the Springboks legs as well as Chelsea & Juventus both winning with the match score being over 2.5 goals and my 5th leg was the Yankees winning by over 2.5 runs.  They all came in.

As previously stated,  it's a nice way to start the day with an overnight victory.  The coffee tastes just fine! I have got a treble going with the jumps racing up your neck of the woods today so I might get lucky again.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

45 minutes ago, Wadda We Sing said:

Well done to Macca only, they were his picks above Wadda. My picks, not even close but that’s the good part about having a range of selections, take a long shot multi or like Macca says....pick the brains out of it and do as you please. 

Some money coming in for the Dees, steadily lowering our odds to $2.20 and the line coming in to +6.5. The previous line of +7.5 for us took some substantial bets. 

Keep an eye out on West Bromwich games in the Champioship from now on and specifically the total over/under option. Their first four games have netted a total of 20 goals. A 7-1 win overnight. 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Macca said:

Same here Wadda ... my first multi collect for quite some time.  Had Tottenham & the Springboks legs as well as Chelsea & Juventus both winning with the match score being over 2.5 goals and my 5th leg was the Yankees winning by over 2.5 runs.  They all came in.

As previously stated,  it's a nice way to start the day with an overnight victory.  The coffee tastes just fine! I have got a treble going with the jumps racing up your neck of the woods today so I might get lucky again.

Nice work Macca. The Juventus game had a thrilling finish with VAR coming into play late. 

They scored a go ahead goal to make it 3-2 nearing the end only to be taken away after the review.....but as these top teams seem to do frequently, they managed to find a  winner moments later. Thrilling finish and entertaining to watch.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Dee Zephyr said:

Well done to Macca only, they were his picks above Wadda. My picks, not even close but that’s the good part about having a range of selections, take a long shot multi or like Macca says....pick the brains out of it and do as you please. 

Some money coming in for the Dees, steadily lowering our odds to $2.20 and the line coming in to +6.5. The previous line of +7.5 for us took some substantial bets. 

Keep an eye out on West Bromwich games in the Champioship from now on and specifically the total over/under option. Their first four games have netted a total of 20 goals. A 7-1 win overnight. 

God 7-1? Did Messi get a transfer to there!?? I sure will My apologies DZ i thought you picked Tottenham (you did last week?) Anyway the point was we got a few winners with one leg to go today. Pity about Penrith....that was really a shock result and i thought you were right on the money there.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Dee Zephyr said:

This thread has made me immediately focus in on a different way of putting a multi together ... your soccer selections last week especially.  The footy ones from Wadda & BM as well. 

You still need a good dose of luck but I'll probably stick to "Good team at home against weak opposition" and then look for an appropriate margin bracket and/or total score - or domination throughout the match (H/F or Q/Q/Q.Q)

And the West Brom outcomes are a good heads-up too ... well spotted DZ

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Wadda We Sing said:

God 7-1? Did Messi get a transfer to there!?? I sure will My apologies DZ i thought you picked Tottenham (you did last week?) Anyway the point was we got a few winners with one leg to go today. Pity about Penrith....that was really a shock result and i thought you were right on the money there.

Haha Wadda. I believe West Brom have kept some of their EPL class players after been relegated. The good thing about their high scoring matches is eventually they will go under the 2.5 goals where if your lucky enough you could find some real value in excess of $2.00.

Penrith....well what can you say?? Top 4 on the line with a couple of weeks to go in the season and they drop a game against a team that’s out of contention for finals at home. 

• Shocked 1

27 minutes ago, Dee Zephyr said:

Haha Wadda. I believe West Brom have kept some of their EPL class players after been relegated. The good thing about their high scoring matches is eventually they will go under the 2.5 goals where if your lucky enough you could find some real value in excess of $2.00.

Penrith....well what can you say?? Top 4 on the line with a couple of weeks to go in the season and they drop a game against a team that’s out of contention for finals at home. 

.....sounds familiar DZ. Its no accident you follow these teams....you realize that dont you. :)

• Haha 2

On 8/18/2018 at 9:38 PM, Macca said:

Well,  lets hope our accounts are boosted overnight hey Wadda.  That's what I call a good start to the day when that happens. 

And then if the Demons get up that'll make the day even better ... we're a chance in both of the last 2 games after seeing the Swans finish over the top of GWS.  On one or both of the days we just have to be better than the 2 opposition teams who are about as good as what we are.

Nostrodamus-like even if I do say so myself after quoting myself as well.  ha ha

But there was no monkey business over in the West today ... we really meant business and now we're playing for a possible double chance next week. 

Go the mighty Demons! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Macca said:

Nostrodamus-like even if I do say so myself after quoting myself as well.  ha ha

But there was no monkey business over in the West today ... we really meant business and now we're playing for a possible double chance next week. 

Go the mighty Demons! 

Yes i thought you and Nostradamus were cousins....now we know. Hey Melb, Melb, Melb Melb was the hindsight bet....was paying 21s too i think..go Dees....what a win!

• Love 1

Yes i thought you and Nostradamus were cousins....now we know. Hey Melb, Melb, Melb Melb was the hindsight bet....was paying 21s too i think..go Dees....what a win!

On a serious note that go to whoa bet is more apt when talking about a "good" team Wadda

I mainly look for a situation where the good team blows the poor-to-average team out of the water in the first quarter and then maintains that dominance. 

Even at this early stage I fancy our chances of dispensing with GWS early on next week.  Might get 5-1 up to 7-1 on a go-to-whoa bet based on the straight win market.  Just a thought.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Macca said:

On a serious note that go to whoa bet is more apt when talking about a "good" team Wadda

I mainly look for a situation where the good team blows the poor-to-average team out of the water in the first quarter and then maintains that dominance. 

Even at this early stage I fancy our chances of dispensing with GWS early on next week.  Might get 5-1 up to 7-1 on a go-to-whoa bet based on the straight win market.  Just a thought.

To be honest i never really liked them because teams are so unpredictable for short periods in matches...take Carlton today for instance. It only takes a roll of 4 goals and its all changed. But yes if you can snag one before the bookies are onto it, that would be unreal!

• Like 2

Need some advice @Macca and @Wadda We Sing

I have a six leg multi going in the soccer and it’s in progress. One leg is won, the other 5 games each need two more goals with 20 minutes remaining.

Cash out offer......wait for it......is a whopping 30 cents. Yay or Nay???

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Dee Zephyr said:

I have a six leg multi going in the soccer and it’s in progress. One leg is won, the other 5 games each need two more goals with 20 minutes remaining.

Take the 30c.....you can get a beer for that in the Czech Republic... :)

• Haha 2

Take the 30c.....you can get a beer for that in the Czech Republic... :)

Hold on....a couple of goals just went through. Up to 40 cents....smart move waiting.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Dee Zephyr said:

Ha!  What does happen quite frequently is that the top teams in Europe are often involved in games where there are more than 2 goals scored in the match.  Mainly at home although we saw Juventus do it as the away team yesterday.  Barcelona did it as well after scoring 2 very late goals.  And those gun teams usually win against average/fair/poor opposition as well. 

The best odds for those sort of results is when it's a good team at home vs another good team.  Like Chelsea over Arsenal yesterday.  Man City just beat Huddersfield 6 - 1 at home.  They are probably the best at it.

• Like 2

On 8/20/2018 at 12:25 AM, Macca said:

Ha!  What does happen quite frequently is that the top teams in Europe are often involved in games where there are more than 2 goals scored in the match.  Mainly at home although we saw Juventus do it as the away team yesterday.  Barcelona did it as well after scoring 2 very late goals.  And those gun teams usually win against average/fair/poor opposition as well. 

The best odds for those sort of results is when it's a good team at home vs another good team.  Like Chelsea over Arsenal yesterday.  Man City just beat Huddersfield 6 - 1 at home.  They are probably the best at it.

What i like about that sort of bet in the soccer is that there is no draw involved. I like to have a go at the soccer sometimes, but the dreaded draw is always looming. I dont see how you can look at form for 2 teams and then select a draw. Maybe once in a while but not often.

A great mixture of sport from all corners of the globe and at home this weekend. We got a few selections up last week. I must admit, i didnt count on the Demons playing so well, so i went a bit each way with the under 15.5 selection. In the end it was 17 pts with the last goal coming in the last minute, which is often the way with margin betting, but you get a bit of a run for your money so to speak.

I would also like to point out that it would be good if people could point out where the actual bet is. I had trouble finding a few last week. For example if you want an Iceland 2nd division team that happens to be playing their home game in Germany that weekend because the stadium was taken out by a volcano, would be good to mention the specifics of the bet. The actual league its in and where etc etc. Try also to get them in at least 5 hours before kickoff so that others have time to get on. Im sure we will refine everything as we go along.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, Wadda We Sing said:

For example if you want an Iceland 2nd division team that happens to be playing their home game in Germany that weekend because the stadium was taken out by a volcano,

?????. Is that a reference to me ??? My soccer bets know no bounds. 

• Love 1
  • Haha 1

44 minutes ago, Dee Zephyr said:

?????. Is that a reference to me ??? My soccer bets know no bounds. 

O

No DZ, of course not....we welcome bets from all corners of the globe here, hoping to get that vital combination of winners! I was merely suggesting it helps if we know where to look! :)

• Like 2