Discussion on recent allegations about the use of illicit drugs in football is forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Changes v West Coat - Round 22

grazman

11 hours ago, titan_uranus said:
8 minutes ago, MSFebey said:

Watch On The Couch and listen to the crew/Jonathon Brown call out Hogans positioning and leading patterns, they're atrocious. Not always the midfields fault

The Heeney MOTY was a classic example. Hogan on a lead but Pedersen miskicks it so poorly that he has to stop to try to contend for it, Heeney's trailing him and won't be able to do anything if the ball is kicked to Hogan's advantage but instead gets to jump all over him and look like a star.

Our inside 50 kicking has been woeful all year, with players like Melksham, Oliver and Salem standing out for being obvious exceptions.

The Heeney example by Brown was way off, as soon as Peds kicked the ball it was very obvious that Hogan wasn't going to get near it, but had it been a little lower it would have been an easy chest mark. I have thought for a while that both Hogan and TMac are stationed too high up the ground even when they are the deepest forward, probably comes with their main strength being the ability to roam around the grounds, TMac seems to be getting a lot of his shots on goal from 40 meters out lately. At some stages we'd be better off going back to a true old fashioned full forward who does nothing but play out of the square - even if that person rotated their, Hoges, TMac, Trac, Oliver or Melk could all do that with good effect I think (and maybe they rest there instead of the bench).

• Like 2

It seems likely that Hogan will miss based on his interview on Talking Footy.

With that in mind I'd go with the following:

Out - Hogan (inj), Hunt (inj), Spargo

In- Melksham, Hibberd, Kent

I love little Spargo but he looks tired and may need a break. Kent will come in to take his role and Pedersen will go forward to replace Hogan.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Is Dom Is Good said:

I love little Spargo but he looks tired and may need a break. Kent will come in to take his role and Pedersen will go forward to replace Hogan.

Agree with this. Spago has been ordinary for 3 weeks now

Garlett could see himself being dropped too

7 minutes ago, Is Dom Is Good said:

So, you wouldn't swap Hogan for Weid?

5 minutes ago, Is Dom Is Good said:

No, for all is great service etc. Pedders has shown he is not quite right as an AFL level player/forward.

Had his time in the sun last year when Max went down and seems to play his best footy as a running ruck a position not open at the moment.

Time for Weid to step up.

1 hour ago, Is Dom Is Good said:

Dom What did you make of the interview?

Hogan has no eye contact. Anybody notice that? He seems very uncomfortable. Looks like more than Nerves to me.

Shocking news if injured for the remainder of the season. Pedo for me Weids no where near ready IMO.

37 minutes ago, jackaub said:

Hogan has no eye contact. Anybody notice that? He seems very uncomfortable. Looks like more than Nerves to me.

Shocking news if injured for the remainder of the season. Pedo for me Weids no where near ready IMO.

He never had - yep, nerves and just an awkward young man, as most are

In light of reason news.

Out: Hogan, Spargo, Hunt

In: Melksham, Kent, Hibberd

JKH showed a bit of composure last week  and we may need to persist with Pederson as an extra tall now that Hogan is injured. Both can stick around for another week.

Melksham is a big in this week. We've desperately missed his kicking skills inside 50 which was highlighted by Allir intercepting our long bombs at will on Sunday. Amazingly, Jake's still leading the league in goal assists despite missing the last fortnight. 

I've really enjoyed Charlie Spargo's work this year and think he has a big future with us over the next 10 to 15 years, but I believe a more experienced player such as Kent is going to provide more going into a potential finals campaign. He showed some great form this year before he injured his hamstring and I'd like to see him get another crack in the seniors.

Edited by Demon Jack
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, rjay said:

No, for all is great service etc. Pedders has shown he is not quite right as an AFL level player/forward.

Had his time in the sun last year when Max went down and seems to play his best footy as a running ruck a position not open at the moment.

agree... time to see if Weideman has improved... A game in good conditions in Perth should suit him.

After last weekend I have zero expectations for the remainder of the season so a few good games from Weideman may be a little fillip to take into the off season.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, rjay said:

Next year perhaps for Weed

These are MUST win games. Pedders can hold his ground... doesn't go to water ( must feel a little lonely at times ?)

No time for nervy kiddies.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Diamond_Jim said:

agree... time to see if Weideman has improved... A game in good conditions in Perth should suit him.

After last weekend I have zero expectations for the remainder of the season so a few good games from Weideman may be a little fillip to take into the off season.

Beat me to it Beelzebub.

I also think having picked Pedo last week we should let him a crack at it. Whenever I see Weid play I cant get past the feeling that he doesnt seem ready. No physical precense......yet.  I dont think we can take him into a game like we're gonna have on sunday. Weid needs a real run at it and I just dont think these two rounds and possibly more are the time. 

Edited by Wells 11
  • Like 1

OUT: Hogan, Spargo, Hunt

IN: Melksham, Hibberd, Kent

Perderson plays the Hogan role. He will be given a license to fly and crash as many packs and bring the ball to ground as often as he can. Jeffy and Kent to mock up the crumbs. 

5 minutes ago, beelzebub said:

Next year perhaps for Weed

These are MUST win games. Pedders can hold his ground... doesn't go to water ( must feel a little lonely at times ?)

No time for nervy kiddies.

you must still have some optimism BB. Season officially ended I think last weekend. WCE and GWS much better than the Swans.

I think a restructure up forward is needed. The new Perthoval is similar dimensions to the MCG which we have shown we ar incapable of defending with our current game plan.

Hunt and Hogan are injured Spargo isn't quite there and Pedersons efforts in that last quarter were sofr (check the replay and see who was manning up Heeney).

Do we go wit the small forward line? Trac at full forward perhaps. Weid if selected does the ruck work and TMac stays as a permanent forward. Max is still getting over a calf and needs relief. Hibberd and Melksham come in.

Out Hogan, Hunt, Spargo & Pederson

In Melksham, Hibberd, Kent & Weid

Only variation I can see is maybe Hannan comes in instead of Kent 

8 minutes ago, Jaded said:

Weids for Hogan

Hibbo for Hunt 

Pederson for Melksham 

Apart from Hogan that makes a very nice upgrade to last week. 

Weids ? Jaded.

So you have backed the Weagles right?

Our best (available) team for the run at a finals berth.."

Defenders..... 

Jetta OMac Wagner or Keilty

Lewis Frosty Hibbo

Midfielders.....

Salem Brayshaw Tyson

Gawn Oliver  Harmes

Forwards....

Melksham Tmac Kent

Fritsch Weed Garlett

The underwhelming Bench ...... Jones (what a shocker against the swans) Petracca (I’m not a fan) ANB (Mr Fumbles) JKH or Bugg (just to make it 22)

In ... Weed Melksham Wagner/Keilty Kent Hibbo

Out.. Pedo Hogan Hunt Spargo AVB

1 hour ago, jackaub said:

at least 6 double scratches of his right leg also haha. Looked very uncomfortable.

So lets see..... The number 1 side for efficiency inside 50 vs the 4th worst team at defending inside 50s...And on their home deck.

It would be so Melbourne to chuck it in by 50pts.

23 minutes ago, Jaded said:

Weids for Hogan

Hibbo for Hunt 

Pederson for Melksham 

Apart from Hogan that makes a very nice upgrade to last week. 

I think Kent for Spargo will also be considered. Quicker, better kick, harder and more experienced and possibly on last chance to show he belongs. Spargo will be a player and he has time. This is a crunch game.

The big decision could be Pedo or Weid.

Pedo was really poor on sunday as he was in his other game earlier this year.

TBH I don't think Weid could do worse and he may even be better as the relief ruck, as he as shown previously.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Redleg said:

I think Kent for Spargo will also be considered. Quicker, better kick, harder and more experienced and possibly on last chance to show he belongs. Spargo will be a player and he has time. This is a crunch game.

The big decision could be Pedo or Weid.

Pedo was really poor on sunday as he was in his other game earlier this year.

TBH I don't think Weid could do worse and he may even be better as the relief ruck, as he as shown previously.

We have to give Weids a go. He has been on our list for a long time now, and is developing well at Casey. He isn't getting games because it is hard to break into the team with Hogan and TMac. Now that Hogan has gone down, we need to give Weids an opportunity to see what he brings. Plus as you said, he is as good a relief ruck as Pedo. 

There is no point having these kids on the list for years and then when their direct competition in the side goes down, running scared. Realistically our season is cooked. Maybe we limp across the line to finals, maybe we don't. But Pedo is certainly not going to win us a final, but for Weids getting the experience is invaluable.

I would be very annoyed if they don't play him for the rest of the year.

• Like 1