Jump to content

  • Latest Podcast: Sydney



Whispering_Jack

Changes v Gold Coast Suns

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Diamond_Jim said:

would prefer Kent over AVB at this point. Perhaps Bugg?

As I keep lamenting... for a winning VFL side there is not really great depth

Really?? Depth is just that, players that can perform a role not dominate a game.  I think it’s pretty healthy.

Vanders

Wagner

Hunt

Pedo

Bugg

Kent 

Hannan

Smith and JKH are a perfect example, they are just doing their job. 

Edited by Demons11
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, demon3165 said:

His decision making is poor under pressure and his lack of leg speed is starting to show up there is no doubt that he goes in hard for the pill and bleeds for the club but that does not win the the top prize.

Not always, occasionally yes it is, but the last couple of weeks?  very bad.  he would know it though.  And the big chunkdog will sort his [censored] out this week.  

Edited by pinkshark

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Demons11 said:

Really?? Depth is just that, players that can perform a role not dominate a game.  I think it’s pretty healthy.

Vanders

Wagner

Hunt

Pedo

Bugg

Kent 

Hannan

Smith and JKH are a perfect example, they are just doing their job. 

Weidemann is a pretty handy depth player as well. His time will come if the Coaching staff/selectors are wise and diligent. He's been thrown to the wolves a couple of times this year, been brought in to an unbalanced and overweight in height forward line.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, dieter said:

Weidemann is a pretty handy depth player as well. His time will come if the Coaching staff/selectors are wise and diligent. He's been thrown to the wolves a couple of times this year, been brought in to an unbalanced and overweight in height forward line.

I agree with that, I just forgot to list him. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, binman said:

I've joked about posting such comments without any indication of the source (even vague ones) that give readers some capacity to make an assessment of the reliability of the information is against the DL code of conduct. But perhaps those jokes were a little passive aggressive

So i'm going to change tack. 

If you are going to post comments as serious in implication as this include a [censored] source!!!!!

I've posted a couple of items here with bona fide sources. If you think they would ne named by me or anyone with a firm source you're nuts. But posters should at least qualify them so we can judge on face value etc.

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
22 hours ago, 1964nowMORE said:

My understanding is Viney is a long shot to play again this year. Sad but true.

Are you Sam McClure? 

Edited by Ethan Tremblay

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm expecting Hannan to replace Melksham, but I'd probably prefer to give Kent another crack. I liked what he was giving us before he got injured whereas I haven't really been impressed with Hannan's recent form.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, titan_uranus said:

I'm expecting Hannan to replace Melksham, but I'd probably prefer to give Kent another crack. I liked what he was giving us before he got injured whereas I haven't really been impressed with Hannan's recent form.

Yeah I feel Hannan will be the natural replacement. Would love to see Kent given the nod though. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nathan Jones on SEN tonight said that Melksham hammy was a non issue, surprised he’s missing a week and can’t see him missing 2. Said Hibbo was building up his running sessions and Viney was about to start running end of the week or early next week; but didn’t put a time frame on them back to playing.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, jnrmac said:

Get over yourself. Its a forum. No-one worth their salt is going to reveal a source

The poster will live and die on what they post. 

Good lord, live and die?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Demon17 said:

I've posted a couple of items here with bona fide sources. If you think they would ne named by me or anyone with a firm source you're nuts. But posters should at least qualify them so we can judge on face value etc.

 

That all i want. Or else what is the point?

For example i might say i have it on good authority Tmac has done his foot again. And leave it at that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

IN - D. Moore, Gaff

Edited by Dee tention

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, sisso said:

I hope Melk's "minor" hamstring isn't a 4 weeker....

This surely brings Kent in?

And may keep Spargo in.

 

I'd rather Hannan and Kent in, for Spargo and Melk's.

5 hours ago, brendan said:

AVB It’s time 

He's only played 3 matches, and then a bye last week, following near to 2Yrs away from playing anything at all.

 

This weeks game is the least risky for us,,, for him to return,,,  but I'd rather he plays at least another week at VFL level, after last weeks bye round.

The next Rnd 21 is against the Swans, also in Melbourne.  Then following is a trip to Perth, followed by a Last Rnd home game against the Giants.

I'm sure his bone stress would be behind him now,  but the risk of soft tissue issues must be real for him.

 

I reckon the Swans game at the 'G' might be the best bet for him.   I think he really would need another Full-game run, before coming back in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Last year at I swore of Kent, but his efforts in his three matches this year have somewhat swayed my opinion.  

If we’re going to see what he has to offer at senior level before the list management decisions are made at the end of the year... now’s probably the time.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone got a rough idea of how much VFL footy Kent has played since coming back from the hammy tear? It felt like he was out for a while.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, layzie said:

Anyone got a rough idea of how much VFL footy Kent has played since coming back from the hammy tear? It felt like he was out for a while.

He’s played 4 games since returning Layzie.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Dee Zephyr said:

He’s played 4 games since returning Layzie.

Cheers Dee Zephyr. Should be raring to go.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kent has not been that great in the 4 games since being back , hardly banging down the door. AVB deserves it more on VFL form

It is probably just going to be a one week spot anyways with Melk due to come back the next week.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We’re back to the extended benches tonight.

In: Kent, Weid, AVB, Hannan, Pedersen 

Out: Milkshake 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If Hogan is injured and sore they should rest him!

If selected the he must be RTG.  No excuses.

He was very poor last 2 weeks and NQR since the Bulldogs

Not what we need going into the last 4 games.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Bates Mate said:

Kent has not been that great in the 4 games since being back , hardly banging down the door. AVB deserves it more on VFL form

It is probably just going to be a one week spot anyways with Melk due to come back the next week.

Yes but AVB was out for 2 yrs.  needs more time, imo.

Kent is hanging on the hook.  He needs to show up or.....  now is the time.

 

I would replace Spargo with Kent for 2W.  After that (return Spargo) we see how Jeffy and Kent are going.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Am I the only one that thinks Jeffy didn't perform that well last week? Particularly in defensive pressure?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, jnrmac said:

Am I the only one that thinks Jeffy didn't perform that well last week? Particularly in defensive pressure?

Agree - but, geez, his ability to get front and centre cannot be underestimated

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×