Discussion on recent allegations about the use of illicit drugs in football is forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

POST MATCH DISCUSSION - Round 19

Demonland

9 minutes ago, layzie said:

What about Luke Darcy? That guy has to be the most inaccurate caller going round.

How can you call accurately when your sitting upside down on the seat?

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, jnrmac said:

I couldn't care less what you think about my happiness or otherwise.

I was glad for the win on an interstate deck (as I said) but as always with Melbourne it comes with caveats. What would your position be if we had lost? For the second time like that in two weeks? The fact that we won doesn't paper over the cracks for me like it clearly does for you.

We have had a porous defence for 2 years now and I don't see much change in our ability to stop oppo's scoring when there get the ball in their fwd 50. So much for 'we have learned a lot from last week'. Unless you are 12 yo you would have heard that sort of thing 1 million times from melbourne teams. We keep repeating the same mistakes. Our lack of composure at critical times can be infuriating. And if we make finals that will be deadly.

Not disagreeing with what you say, as the season of love comes to a close Jnr, i will be really, really happy if we make the Finals, because we will need to knock off a couple of good teams in that process. I will be verging on hysterical if we win a couple of Finals and wishing like anything to get there.Circumspection of this Season 2018 is such a new memorable chapter for lots of guys in itself.

3 hours ago, Redleg said:

Quite a few of us wanted Frost in from Port game and if selectors had agreed, we may have beaten Port and Saints. Yes he makes the odd mistake, but he is big, quick, hard at the man and ball and good defensively. His passing has improved and he is another good defensive option. He killed Tex last night. 

BTW it was a free as he dropped the ball. 

Hard to blame the selectors, they want consistency and to have confidence in what a player will do. Frosty has flashes of brilliance that turn into wtf head scratchers within seconds of each other. 

3rd qtr he out pointed a Crows player in defensive 50, ran off him to collect the ball off the ground and just went away with it, got the old 1-2 ball back and bolted it out of defensive 50... wowee look at him go... oh [censored] he turned it straight over to a Crow defender.. 

In saying that he should have been in earlier and you ride the good with the oh my god that was bad.

Lastly I do hope he gave it to Walker post siren, Walker was in his BFG sized ears most of the game and especially after Frosty gave away that free in the last.

37 minutes ago, jnrmac said:

I was glad for the win on an interstate deck (as I said) but as always with Melbourne it comes with caveats. What would your position be if we had lost? For the second time like that in two weeks? The fact that we won doesn't paper over the cracks for me like it clearly does for you.

We have had a porous defence for 2 years now and I don't see much change in our ability to stop oppo's scoring when there get the ball in their fwd 50. So much for 'we have learned a lot from last week'. Unless you are 12 yo you would have heard that sort of thing 1 million times from melbourne teams. We keep repeating the same mistakes. Our lack of composure at critical times can be infuriating. And if we make finals that will be deadly.

If we do make the finals (hallelujah!), we will be as well-prepared as we could be, with the quality of opposition and high stakes involved on the run home.

And the players did learn some things from last week, including slowing the game down, going the boundary, creating stoppages, getting extra men behind the ball etc in the last Q. This was all very different to the frenetic, play-on at all cost mentality of last week (yes, rain played a part in this, too).

That was the Crows’ last yelp for the season, and we quelled it. Effectively ended their season. As the players and coach said more or less afterwards, this was a result to feed and engender belief, not doubt.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Cards13 said:

Hard to blame the selectors, they want consistency and to have confidence in what a player will do. Frosty has flashes of brilliance that turn into wtf head scratchers within seconds of each other. 

3rd qtr he out pointed a Crows player in defensive 50, ran off him to collect the ball off the ground and just went away with it, got the old 1-2 ball back and bolted it out of defensive 50... wowee look at him go... oh [censored] he turned it straight over to a Crow defender.. 

In saying that he should have been in earlier and you ride the good with the oh my god that was bad.

Lastly I do hope he gave it to Walker post siren, Walker was in his BFG sized ears most of the game and especially after Frosty gave away that free in the last.

That world wide "mine's bigger than yours competition" again.....

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, MSFebey said:

How overrated is Tex? Give me Tim Smith any day lol

Cant stand the bloke.   A terrible captain who trash talked Lever after he announced he wanted to come to Melbourne. He should be apologizing now.  Best decision Lever ever made.

Enjoy September on the couch, Tex.

• Like 4

59 minutes ago, jnrmac said:

I knew it.

You didn't answer the question. I specifically asked you to note something other than the result which you enjoyed, and you avoided it. 

If we'd lost (assuming you mean from having been 30 points up), I'd have been even more livid than I was last week. I would have lamented the fact that Adelaide scored from 53% of their inside 50s, and our inability to shut the game down and protect a 5-goal lead despite the problem manifesting 7 days prior. But I would also have applauded the things we did well.

So far from the win "papering over the cracks" for me, I'm acutely aware of our flaws and the reasons why we're going to do well just to make the finals (forget about top 4 or flags). But I'm capable of seeing those flaws in a win, and I'm capable of seeing positives in a loss. Are you?

Again - what about last night's game, other than the result, did you enjoy?

• Like 3

17 hours ago, Jibroni said:

Just got home from the game. Loved the effort in the last quarter considering a gale was blowing to the Crows end. One of the best wins this year for me. Suck [censored] Crows!!

6 hours ago, loges said:

People banging on about almost blowing the lead in the last quarter, sure it was raining but weren't they kicking with a 5 goal breeze.

I've read this whole thread and only seen Jibroni post about the wind. I watched on tv and did not notice an effect on the kicking in that last quarter. The commentators did not mention it. 

Is there any truth in this statement? I'm concluding that there isn't.

9 minutes ago, xarronn said:

I've read this whole thread and only seen Jibroni post about the wind. I watched on tv and did not notice an effect on the kicking in that last quarter. The commentators did not mention it. 

Is there any truth in this statement? I'm concluding that there isn't.

Really? Crouch, Gibbs and others had shots on goal from 50+ that easily made the distance. Our kick outs from the goal square were falling just around the 50 mark. And other long bombs in from the Crows carried their forwards to get to Fritsch. Oscar's (not flushed) set shot blew wide and didn't get close.

Not convinced it was a gale but looked a strong breeze which when combined with wet weather actually made it very hard for us to clear the backline.

We pretty much set up to concede goals with the hope we could beat the clock and maybe score 1 or 2 ourselves on the quick rebound.

• Like 1

Fantastic result.

What more can be said about Clarrie? A magician. A freak. The boy can football and it could turn out that he can do it better than anyone, ever.

Brayshaw, Tracc and rest of young brigade awesome. Thought ANB did some nice things.

Harmes cracking job.

Jeffy's little flashes of brilliance were amongst the most exciting moments of the game.

How was Melksham's one-step-50m-snap-leg-break?

You can't lament not defending a five goals lead when we did defend it. They could have gotten 4.5 back and we would still, by definition, have defended it.

These games we're going through are reminiscent to me of the close ones the Hawks started to have prior to their era of dominance and also the Eagles of the early-mid 2000s. Although I am probably remembering wrong and/or projecting onto this team my expectations that we are about to become a [censored] powerhouse.

In a season where GCS beat Sydney, Carlton win anything at all and North thumps WCE, I'll take any win, in any way.

Who was the turd commentating on Fox footy? Derwayne? To whoever kept calling Tex Walker "The big Texan", like 9 times, firstly he's not from Texas, and secondly 'A big Texan' is not in reference to anything relevant or, indeed, to anything at all.

Noticed we started winning when I switched to the ABC stream, so that must be the key to our impending success.

Go you mighty, [censored] Dees!

Ed: sp

Edited by AmDamDemon
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, DeeSpencer said:

Really? Crouch, Gibbs and others had shots on goal from 50+ that easily made the distance. Our kick outs from the goal square were falling just around the 50 mark. And other long bombs in from the Crows carried their forwards to get to Fritsch. Oscar's (not flushed) set shot blew wide and didn't get close.

Not convinced it was a gale but looked a strong breeze which when combined with wet weather actually made it very hard for us to clear the backline.

We pretty much set up to concede goals with the hope we could beat the clock and maybe score 1 or 2 ourselves on the quick rebound.

Well of course it's the comment  "considering a gale was blowing to the Crows end", that i'm wondering about. The point I'm making is, if it was a gale, it's deserving of much greater mention in adding merit to our performance.

22 minutes ago, xarronn said:

Well of course it's the comment  "considering a gale was blowing to the Crows end", that i'm wondering about. The point I'm making is, if it was a gale, it's deserving of much greater mention in adding merit to our performance.

Probably better to ask anyone who was at the game to post how strong the wind was.

10 hours ago, Dr.D said:

dude, i still say that. we basically squandered a 5 goal lead in torrential rain. we were 1 coat of paint away from betts' goal going through and probably winning or drawing the game.  a big relief but certainly haven't learnt.

dude, read the nuance in my post.

Sometimes I really wonder how you managed to earn your doctorate.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

There have been a number of comments here about the behaviour and character of the Adelaide supporters.  I've been lucky enough to be able to go to every game we've played at the Adelaide Oval (including those against PA) and not once have I ever encountered poor behaviour or aggression from an opposition supporter.  They support their team with passion as we do but at the end of the game yesterday when we were cheering and celebrating hard we had a number of Adelaide supporters come up to us and congratulate us and wish us well for the rest of the season.  Kudos to them and that they stayed on the ground to honour Lewis's achievement was terrific.  They had to stand in terrible conditions for quite a while after they had just been beaten in a match that probably ended their chances of finals.

I know it's popular to bag them but frankly I don't know any better supporters in the game.  Those that have had trouble are either very unlucky or most probably have brought it upon themselves.

As for the game it was a terrific win for many reasons.  Last week was shattering, this week be buttered up.  We were challenged and prevailed in a very hostile environment. Some of our players might have had poor games but all of them had their moments.  The weather was fierce in the last quarter.  The wind was blowing strongly to Adelaide's end and it was raining very heavily for a lot of the last quarter.  Having said that it's not possible for me to comment on the wind at ground level as I was sitting in the top of the stand on the eastern side.

Just a recommendation to anyone who hasn't been to a game in Adelaide, get there if you can, it's the best ground in Australia and fortunately we seem to play it well.

• Like 17
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, AmDamDemon said:

Fantastic result.

What more can be said about Clarrie? A magician. A freak. The boy can football and it could turn out that he can do it better than anyone, ever.

Brayshaw, Tracc and rest of young brigade awesome. Thought ANB did some nice things.

Harmes cracking job.

Jeffy's little flashes of brilliance were amongst the most exciting moments of the game.

How was Melksham's one-step-50m-snap-leg-break?

You can't lament not defending a five goals lead when we did defend it. They could have gotten 4.5 back and we would still, by definition, have defended it.

These games we're going through are reminiscent to me of the close ones the Hawks started to have prior to their era of dominance and also the Eagles of the early-mid 2000s. Although I am probably remembering wrong and/or projecting onto this team my expectations that we are about to become a [censored] powerhouse.

In a season where GCS beat Sydney, Carlton win anything at all and North thumps WCE, I'll take any win, in any way.

Who was the turd commentating on Fox footy? Derwayne? To whoever kept calling Tex Walker "The big Texan", like 9 times, firstly he's not from Texas, and secondly 'A big Texan' is not in reference to anything relevant or, indeed, to anything at all.

Noticed we started winning when I switched to the ABC stream, so that must be the key to our impending success.

Go you mighty, [censored] Dees!

Ed: sp

Just curious why do they call him Tex or Texan? There was Texas Ranger Sam Walker who invented an over sized revolver that was only useful for shooting horses and had a tendency to blow itself up. That could be the connection. If so in Crow Tex’s case he shoots mostly blanks when he doesn’t blow himself up.

Edited by america de cali
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Petraccattack said:

Cant stand the bloke.   A terrible captain who trash talked Lever after he announced he wanted to come to Melbourne. He should be apologizing now.  Best decision Lever ever made.

Further, enjoy the off-season, Tex, as the revolution within the Crows appoints another person as captain. Too many Crows players have had enough.

8 minutes ago, america de cali said:

Just curious why do they call him Tex or Texan? There was Texan Sam Walker who invented an over sized revolver that was only useful for shooting horses and a tendency to blow itself up. That could be the connection. If so in Crow Tex’s case he shoots mostly blanks when he doesn’t blow himself up.

FYI 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Walker,_Texas_Ranger

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Petraccattack said:

Lever chose money over finals according to Tex. Where are Adelaide on the ladder again?