• Latest Podcast: JLT 02 Brisbane

SFebes

Round 18 - Non MFC games

Hopefully a STK win v Rich, North over Pies, Swans will belt Suns, Dockers a chance v inconsistent Bombers, Bris to destroy Crows season however handy ins for Adel, can Blues upset Hawks like this time last year, Bulldogs are tanking so a WCE win, who do we want to win Port v GWS?

4 minutes ago, MSFebey said:

Hopefully a STK win v Rich, North over Pies, Swans will belt Suns, Dockers a chance v inconsistent Bombers, Bris to destroy Crows season however handy ins for Adel, can Blues upset Hawks like this time last year, Bulldogs are tanking so a WCE win, who do we want to win Port v GWS?

If we are to win, I’d want North and GWS to win and that propels us into the top 4.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MSFebey said:

If we beat Geelong we want a GWS win, but if we lose a Port win would be handy.

My head and heart say GWS tho....

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Win4theAges said:

If we beat Geelong we want a GWS win, but if we lose a Port win would be handy.

My head and heart say GWS tho....

GWS don't have Patten, Cameron or Phil Davis? Going to be hard, I hate both teams.

Forget about top 4. We need the filth to win as well as Brisbane. Fremantle will be flogged so that won't matter. Carlton winning would be huge but not realistic.

1 hour ago, dl4e said:

Forget about top 4. We need the filth to win as well as Brisbane. Fremantle will be flogged so that won't matter. Carlton winning would be huge but not realistic.

Why forget the top 4?

If we win, there’s a possibility we could be in there by the end of the weekend. 

I’d prefer results that favour us for top 4 than losing and relying on other teams to keep 8th spot alive for us. 

6 minutes ago, Dee Zephyr said:

Why forget the top 4?

If we win, there’s a possibility we could be in there by the end of the weekend. 

I’d prefer results that favour us for top 4 than losing and relying on other teams to keep 8th spot alive for us. 

I'd prefer we make the 8 rather than not make it.   ill be cheering on Port.

Carlton have to win one eventually and wonuldn't it be nice

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Dee Zephyr said:

Why forget the top 4?

A brief period in the top 4 means nothing.  You have to stay there till after R23.  I'd too prefer us winning but until we are a certainty to make the top 8, I'd hope that other competitors for the top 8 lose as best suits us to stay in the top 8.

• Like 1

We win the next three and we are a good chance to make a credible run for top 4.  It’s a big ask at this stage with 2 tough away games first up. Ladder predictor assumes we will struggle with these but if we break through we then have 3 out of 4 at home. 

Edited by america de cali

Realistically we said goodbye to the top 4 when we lost to Port and confirmed our absence with the loss to the Saints.

If we win three of the next six we will have done well. Assuming we do have the three wins the best we can hope for is that the cards fall our way and we do not have to travel in week one of the finals. We would be unlucky if we ended up in Adelaide playing Port or the Crows.

It would be even nicer if the next few finals fell our way at the MCG, assuming we overcome our present absence of form on that ground.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DubDee said:

I'd prefer we make the 8 rather than not make it.   ill be cheering on Port.

Carlton have to win one eventually and wonuldn't it be nice

1 hour ago, sue said:

A brief period in the top 4 means nothing.  You have to stay there till after R23.  I'd too prefer us winning but until we are a certainty to make the top 8, I'd hope that other competitors for the top 8 lose as best suits us to stay in the top 8.

Unfortunately if we start dropping games we have no choice but to rely on teams doing us favours to stay in the 8.

My point is, after relying on one particular team to complete R23 last year which that alone was bad enough,  I don’t think many of us would be able to handle 4-5 weeks of needing non- MFC games to go our way. 

Curious as to how many of us would have taken a 10-6 record after 16 rounds at the start of the season? And to think we could still miss....😩

• Like 1

St Kilda with their second straight Friday night game.  And they have another one in Round 21.

• Sad 1
  • Angry 2

8 minutes ago, Petraccattack said:

St Kilda with their second straight Friday night game.  And they have another one in Round 21.

No doubt the AFL’s cracked crystal ball showed them making a heroic and inspired run for the finals.

Edited by america de cali
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, america de cali said:

No doubt the AFL’s cracked crystal ball showed them making a heroic and inspired run for the finals.

could never understand how people had us at the same ranking as the Saints given that Riewoldt and Montagna were such fantastic contributors week in week out.

Mind you we did lose to them so perhaps the pundits were onto something.

If we are to lose tomorrow night, it's essential that North lose, as they're clearly one of the sides trying to take our spot in the 8.

Same with Hawthorn but they'll smack Carlton.

A Brisbane win over Adelaide would also be massive as it would effectively kill Adelaide's season at 8-9 and they might not be in a great head space when we play them next week.

1 hour ago, Bring-Back-Powell said:

A Brisbane win over Adelaide would also be massive as it would effectively kill Adelaide's season at 8-9 and they might not be in a great head space when we play them next week.

Brisbanes next 4 games -

Adelaide - North - Geelong - Collingwood

They have hit form at the right time and could be our best friends on the run home.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

That free to martin against armitage was horrible. I hope one of our guys become untouchable like the martins dangerfields and abletts have been.

Losing to St Kilda hurts more every time I watch them. Not switching on until the last 3 minutes is going to cost us. 

They are complete [censored]. 

• Sad 1

30 minutes ago, scarlett said:

That free to martin against armitage was horrible. I hope one of our guys become untouchable like the martins dangerfields and abletts have been.

Is it starting with Brayshaw, getting five's from umpires?  They favour successful teams and players in them.   

Thank Chris t I recorded the Hurricanes v Chiefs rugby final. First 7mins have been electric. 

2 minutes ago, deefella said:

Saints have dropped there heads badly 

OMG the more I watch this the worse I feel about us allowing Saints to bath us. Really angry.

• Like 2