Jump to content

  • Podcast Tonight @ 8:30pm


Sign in to follow this  
deefella

Who else do we realistically target at season end?

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)
34 minutes ago, DubDee said:

Hopefully we go nowhere near Hanners.  He looks shot! 

I very much doubt he has been injured and played for 15 rounds. 

He has OP,  definitely playing injured 

Edited by Demons11

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Demons11 said:

None of your business to be honest 

Then i simply don't believe it at all.

Jason Taylor and co aren't stupid enough to chase someone who is 28 and banged up.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, dazzledavey36 said:

Then i simply don't believe it at all.

Jason Taylor and co aren't stupid enough to chase someone who is 28 and banged up.

Up to you whether you believe it mate, I’m just putting out there as others I’m sure are interested. 

I have no interest in telling you who told me as for one I don’t know you and second I wouldn’t jeopardise the persons position by telling you their name to make you feel better. 

I would say for future reference don’t ask who the source is or any questions relating to the comment if you are just looking for a reason to tell someone it’s not true. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Demons11 said:

Up to you whether you believe it mate, I’m just putting out there as others I’m sure are interested. 

I have no interest in telling you who told me as for one I don’t know you and second I wouldn’t jeopardise the persons position by telling you their name to make you feel better. 

I would say for future reference don’t ask who the source is or any questions relating to the comment if you are just looking for a reason to tell someone it’s not true. 

Just out of curiosity is Dan actually open to moving?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, deefella said:

Just out of curiosity is Dan actually open to moving?

Don’t know that much detail 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Demons11 said:

Up to you whether you believe it mate, I’m just putting out there as others I’m sure are interested. 

I have no interest in telling you who told me as for one I don’t know you and second I wouldn’t jeopardise the persons position by telling you their name to make you feel better. 

I would say for future reference don’t ask who the source is or any questions relating to the comment if you are just looking for a reason to tell someone it’s not true. 

I call bs. You put it on a forum open to the public and then say you won't give any detail of your source. If it were true, and this rumour got wider traction in the media (I know for a fact that some journos flick through fan forums such as Land), do you honestly think that the club couldn't put 2 and 2 together and figure out where it came from? You have jeopardised their position.

I am proud of our club's ability to not leak to punters like us. If Hannerbury is a Dee next year, I will congratulate you. But I doubt it.

Edited by Moonshadow

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tom Cutler, Ed Langdon, Jake Lloyd, Luke Dahlhaus (UFA)...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Put our eggs in one basket and give everything into getting Gaff.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Sir Why You Little said:

Fairly obvious really. 

We had players with just speed before....

But yes. Speed and precise ball use will win finals

Some like squeaky clean boy next door types.

I hope we get some killer players, who want to murder the opposition like it was at the Colosseum.

 

We need effective types.  And with a touch of mongrel, would suffice.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, WERRIDEE said:

Put our eggs in one basket and give everything into getting Gaff.

I can see it now, Diamond Jim Andrew Gaff.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, DV8 said:

Some like squeaky clean boy next door types.

I hope we get some killer players, who want to murder the opposition like it was at the Colosseum.

 

We need effective types.  And with a touch of mongrel, would suffice.

Effective is a good word when recruiting 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How about Cripps at Carlton?

shatter their er,  “rebuild”. 

Offload Bugg, Frost, Tyson and Ben Kennedy 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Brayshaw Self said:

Tom Cutler, Ed Langdon, Jake Lloyd, Luke Dahlhaus (UFA)...

I just finished a swim trip with Ed Langdon's mum. Ed is contracted until the end of 2019.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Sir Why You Little said:

Fairly obvious really. 

We had players with just speed before....

But yes. Speed and precise ball use will win finals

do they even exist at the moment? people throw up the likes of isaac smith alot, but if every player in the afl was gettable, who has the speed & footskills that the dees need? they're either flakey, fast and have poor footskills (see hunt), only run in straight lines (also see hunt, but obviously a lot of others), or have amazing foot skills like a matt suckling. gaff (especially considering our list demographic) seems like the best bet for our group. he will compliment and not need to really win his own ball. oliver, brayshaw, etc will feed it out to him.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Moonshadow said:

I call bs. You put it on a forum open to the public and then say you won't give any detail of your source. If it were true, and this rumour got wider traction in the media (I know for a fact that some journos flick through fan forums such as Land), do you honestly think that the club couldn't put 2 and 2 together and figure out where it came from? You have jeopardised their position.

I am proud of our club's ability to not leak to punters like us. If Hannerbury is a Dee next year, I will congratulate you. But I doubt it.

This!

I still maintain that Todd Viney and Jason Taylor wouldn't be silly enough to recruit a banged up 28 year with average pace.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Weitering could be worth a crack even though he's under contract. 

Lever will be of most value when playing that true third intercept defender. Oscar and Weitering to mark talls with Lever as intercept. 

Two key backs and Lever as the intercept specialist. 

  • Like 2
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, stevethemanjordan said:

Weitering could be worth a crack even though he's under contract. 

Lever will be of most value when playing that true third intercept defender. Oscar and Weitering to mark talls with Lever as intercept. 

Two key backs and Lever as the intercept specialist. 

Totally agree. He can be the leader/coach of the backline and intercept alongside 2 KPD's.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It seems that the word “realistically” should be removed from the title. 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, stevethemanjordan said:

Weitering could be worth a crack even though he's under contract. 

Lever will be of most value when playing that true third intercept defender. Oscar and Weitering to mark talls with Lever as intercept. 

Two key backs and Lever as the intercept specialist. 

Melbourne supporter too 😉

Not that it means anything...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, daisycutter said:

and brayshaw had 7 clangers (highest on the day) and 0  1%ers

it's easy to cherry pick stats to suit any argument

Really on this forum, I'm shocked, just a reply to the 95% of list can't hit a target

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Obviously our No.1 target is Gaff and we need that to be as a UFA, as we can't offer a deal that would meet their requirements. For us it would be a coup and if it means they get a first round concession pick for his loss, so be it. It's the same principle as to when the Hawks used to take players from other clubs, which was hardly the intent of the rule - but that's another matter.

As to others, I suspect we will have about 8-9 players coming off our list this season - I know some of you think it will be just 4-5, but sorry I have a few more in mind and I suspect the club does to.

That will allow us to rookie our two emerging Casey boys - Lockhart and Wags Jnr.

But after Gaff, I think our main priority is securing a replacement for Pedo - a back-up tall who can ruck if required. Obviously Weid is progressing in that role, but we need another one. My view has been for two years now that Freo's Mitch Taberener would be handy and realistically he is a third round pick now - which is what we can offer. That would then take the pressure away from us having to retain either Pedo or our two project ruckman and leaves us a bit of time to see how Bradtke develops. 

It would be lovely to get a player such as Dahlhaus but we have virtually nothing to offer the Dogs in return.

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Deespicable said:

It would be lovely to get a player such as Dahlhaus but we have virtually nothing to offer the Dogs in return.

Restricted free agent

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Groundskeeper Willie to make sure our training grounds aren't affecting our players

you know I'm right 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gaff, all class and run as the outside star we need

Cutler, a real jet now he is injury free

Dahlhaus for his pace and goalsense 

 Leuenberger as the backup ruck

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×