• Latest Podcast: Sydney

Sign in to follow this  
sideshowbob

Lions Alternate Jumper

A big "well done" to the Brisbane Lions for coming up with such a unique clash jumper. More clubs need to get on board with this idea.

See this Herald Sun Article

Yes I'm opening a can of worms but I have no problem with once-or-twice a season change to make it easier for the fans. Our red jumper and the Blues white jumper they're bringing in this year are good examples.

And a further round of applause for the Lions for digging in and ridiculing Eddie McChins and the rest of the Collingwood heirarchy's pig-headed and arrogant attitude to their alternate strip.

I have never been able to understand the filth's refusal to have an alternate strip arguing that they have never changed their jumper and never will. If they went back to the time when Eddie became president they would not need an alternate strip. The jumper then had a predominamtly white back with a white rectangle containing black player numbers, it would not clash with any other club. Eddie changed the jumper to a black back with white numbers and created the clash with Melbourne, Essendon, St Kilda and probably a few others. As with many things Eddie, a good beatup trumps the truth.

On the subject, is Melbourne's Nab Cup jumper the same as last year's or is there a change this year?

I agree with the lions on this. As their CEO Michael Bowers said "We celebrate the past but you've got to move forward into the future,"

Collingwood "stuck in the rituals of the past" <_<

At least with our red alternative jumper we are truly to move forward in the future

On the subject, is Melbourne's Nab Cup jumper the same as last year's or is there a change this year?

There is a rumour that it may change slightly...but not too sure.

We should use our red alternate strip against Carlton (rd 14), Essendon (rd 13), Fremantle (rd 21), and Western Bulldogs (rd 7) this year.

Definately a fan of the alternate jumper for every team. Every other major league in the world has them so why shouldn't we.

*Cue for all the tradionalist to put their 5 cents worth as to why clubs should keep the one jumper*

I agree with the lions on this. As their CEO Michael Bowers said "We celebrate the past but you've got to move forward into the future,"

Collingwood "stuck in the rituals of the past" <_<

At least with our red alternative jumper we are truly to move forward in the future

Lucky for us that Michael Bowers wants to 'move forward into the future'. All the other clubs would be in trouble if he wanted to 'move forward into the past', not to mention the Time Lords.

Thank goodness we have a sharp (and articulate) CEO in Steve Harris. I reckon his astute work behind the scenes goes unheralded.

Thank goodness we have a sharp (and articulate) CEO in Steve Harris. I reckon his astute work behind the scenes goes unheralded.

Agree with you :)