• Latest Podcast: Josh Mahoney Interview

dees189227

Round 17 Non MFC Games

54 minutes ago, timbo said:

Geelong are a scalp for the MFC until they're not. What would that look like? Win there this week. Beat them in the finals if we play them. Then beat them at the G.

Every win is a scalp to the MFC, after the last 12 years. Which is why the club has absolutely no right to get ahead of itself. 

Kardinia Park was the scene of 186, that alone should be well enough motivation for the entire club to be ready and “on”

Posted (edited)

Walker has accepted a week for hit on Thouy. 

Gibbs is challenging the one week suspension for a hit that felled Joel Selwood behind play. 

Crows play GWS this week so that should put kill off any hope the Crows had of making finals.

As an aside, Gus relieved he didn't get penalised for his friendly hi-5 with Razor!

Edit:  'Big Fez' has correctly advised Crows play Brisbane.

Edited by Lucifer's Hero

7 minutes ago, Lucifer's Hero said:

Walker has accepted a week for hit on Thouy. 

Gibbs is challenging the one week suspension for a hit that felled Joel Selwood behind play. 

Crows play GWS this week so that should put kill off any hope the Crows had of making finals.

As an aside, Gus relieved he didn't get penalised for his friendly hi-5 with Razor!

Don't the Crows play Brisbane?

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Mazer Rackham said:

On the days when he's Napoleon Bonaparte, ask him for tips on how to tighten up our defence.

I asked him that very question when he was in his Napolean persona. He suggested he would 'outflank' the oppo big forwards and crush them in a 'pincer movement'. He also mentioned artillery but I told him that the AFL had already outlawed it.

Which Selwood did Gibbs hit? Doesn't much matter. They should adopt rules like in ''poison ball' where you get a credit for catching the ball which is 'one in the bag'.

So for example, he should get a one week credit for hitting one Selwood, which can be applied to offset part of a  future suspension for hitting someone else. On that same theme, if he hits 2 Selwoods, the credit should be synergistic, so he would get a 3 week credit.

Double credits for hitting filth players. Or their supporters. Or even their relatives.

I clearly have too much time on my hands.

On 7/13/2018 at 7:25 AM, Bates Mate said:

At least 2 should be 3 eyes of the ball and elbow to the head. So what if Zach tuoy played out the game it was intentional high impact in my book it floored him. 

Told you mate. What a joke.

SEN reported James Sicily going in for scans for a suspected broken wrist. With McEvoy out this would be another huge blow for the Hawks.

If the AFL ran the criminal justice system, an armed robber who dropped the loot when escaping would get a lesser penalty than if he didn't drop it even if all other aspects of the crime were identical.

1 hour ago, sue said:

If the AFL ran the criminal justice system, an armed robber who dropped the loot when escaping would get a lesser penalty than if he didn't drop it even if all other aspects of the crime were identical.

Pithy yet apt and insightful as always.