Jump to content

Petraccattack

Changes vs Western Bulldogs

Recommended Posts

10 hours ago, binman said:

To paraphrase one of the great modern thinkers - Maxwell Smart - i got everything up to Part one:

What was your answer for Part one binman? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, big_red_fire_engine said:

Great. 54 point win and people want up to 3 changes and we're back to Spargo being out just cos......

Unless someone doesn't come up its no change for mine. 

 

I pretty much agree, only change I see possible is to rest Lewis and bring in Vince   then see how things measure up after next weekend for the run home and number of wins required     Go Dees

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/7/2018 at 11:54 PM, Clint Bizkit said:

 

Lewis made the correct decision. No point taking himself out of the play only to create a one on one. The idea was to let 2 freo players rush at the ball creating Jordan as the loose man. It almost came off. I’ll trust Jordan’s judgment with 300 games over yours 

  • Like 10
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can't believe anyone calling For Vince to come into the side, he can't get the ball and he can't defend any more. With our high press we can't have a slow 33 year old who can't run back to defend, frost saved 2 or three goals with his pace to chase down, if he was not in the side and Vince was there  those players would have run passed him kicking goals in a open forward 50. Someone playing in the back half has either the role of a player setting up play, while getting heaps of the ball, or he is defending the turnover, Vince is not able to do either of these roles anymore, he is just to old and slow now

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, don't make me angry said:

I can't believe anyone calling For Vince to come into the side, he can't get the ball and he can't defend any more. With our high press we can't have a slow 33 year old who can't run back to defend, frost saved 2 or three goals with his pace to chase down, if he was not in the side and Vince was there  those players would have run passed him kicking goals in a open forward 50. Someone playing in the back half has either the role of a player setting up play, while getting heaps of the ball, or he is defending the turnover, Vince is not able to do either of these roles anymore, he is just to old and slow now

Can't have both Lewis and Vince in the side bring in the ginger ninja👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Skuit said:

What was your answer for Part one binman? 

i don't have one. One of the running gags in Get Smart was Max having something complex explained to him and him listening intently only to say after the person had finished something along the lines of 

'i got everything up to....(eg listen carefully Mr Smart)'

An example from a 1967 episode:

"# 99: Now listen carefully. We've got to keep you out of sight for two weeks until after the Tudbury trial. Now we'll pretend to keep you here in Control headquarters. Actually we'll take you on a helicopter to hideout B, which is the penthouse suite in the Warfield hotel. Then we'll take you down an express elevator to hideout C which is the basement suite in the Warfield hotel. Then we'll take you out the back way up the fire escape to hideout D which is a shack on top of the Warfield hotel. Have you got that? 
Maxwell Smart: Not all of it, 99. 
# 99: What part didn't you get? 
Maxwell Smart: The part after 'listen carefully'. 
 

A bad joke on my part if it needs explaining, depending as it does on a working knowledge of Get Smart (my all time favourite TV show).

  • Like 2
  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like the team vs Freo. No changes unless necessary. We may need fresh players after playing in Darwin but can't really see anyone from the 2s getting a spot. Baker could be a smokey for Smith who didn't pull up 100%, but from some reports he's not ready just yet.

Could settle for Lewis having a rest and perhaps Vince back in, but I'm preferring Lewis > Vince in the team.

Loved the ins last week, all should play again this week.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, binman said:

i don't have one. One of the running gags in Get Smart was Max having something complex explained to him and him listening intently only to say after the person had finished something along the lines of 

'i got everything up to....(eg listen carefully Mr Smart)'

An example from a 1967 episode:

"# 99: Now listen carefully. We've got to keep you out of sight for two weeks until after the Tudbury trial. Now we'll pretend to keep you here in Control headquarters. Actually we'll take you on a helicopter to hideout B, which is the penthouse suite in the Warfield hotel. Then we'll take you down an express elevator to hideout C which is the basement suite in the Warfield hotel. Then we'll take you out the back way up the fire escape to hideout D which is a shack on top of the Warfield hotel. Have you got that? 
Maxwell Smart: Not all of it, 99. 
# 99: What part didn't you get? 
Maxwell Smart: The part after 'listen carefully'. 
 

A bad joke on my part if it needs explaining, depending as it does on a working knowledge of Get Smart (my all time favourite TV show).

Great stuff.  Interesting how during the cold war when we could have all been fried to ashes (came close several times) US TV could poke fun at their spies fighting the Soviets.  I doubt they could run a comedy series these days based on a bumbling Maxwell Smart vs ISIS.

So to keep on topic, if a player wears number 86, don't bring him in this week.

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, sue said:

Great stuff.  Interesting how during the cold war when we could have all been fried to ashes (came close several times) US TV could poke fun at their spies fighting the Soviets.  I doubt they could run a comedy series these days based on a bumbling Maxwell Smart vs ISIS.

So to keep on topic, if a player wears number 86, don't bring him in this week.

a donald trump during the early days (60's) of the cold war would have been "interesting"

  • Shocked 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, sue said:

 

So to keep on topic, if a player wears number 86, don't bring him in this week.

But if you do don't explain any complex strategies, with the exception of the kaos ball.

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, Jaded said:

Neal Bullen is going at 18.12 for the season.

Trac is at 10.12, so not only is he less accurate, he has also had a lot less shots on goal while playing a lot more time as a forward.

Neal Bullen is not in the side for his silky smooth skills. He is a workhorse and is in the side to cover ground. 

Wow, Ok 18 goals 12 behinds proves to me I have an anti ANB bias. Would have sworn it was closer to 9 goals 18. May have to watch him this week with a more positive attitude. 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, binman said:

i don't have one. One of the running gags in Get Smart was Max having something complex explained to him and him listening intently only to say after the person had finished something along the lines of 

'i got everything up to....(eg listen carefully Mr Smart)'

An example from a 1967 episode:

"# 99: Now listen carefully. We've got to keep you out of sight for two weeks until after the Tudbury trial. Now we'll pretend to keep you here in Control headquarters. Actually we'll take you on a helicopter to hideout B, which is the penthouse suite in the Warfield hotel. Then we'll take you down an express elevator to hideout C which is the basement suite in the Warfield hotel. Then we'll take you out the back way up the fire escape to hideout D which is a shack on top of the Warfield hotel. Have you got that? 
Maxwell Smart: Not all of it, 99. 
# 99: What part didn't you get? 
Maxwell Smart: The part after 'listen carefully'. 
 

A bad joke on my part if it needs explaining, depending as it does on a working knowledge of Get Smart (my all time favourite TV show).

I got it right away.

Best joke I've seen on DL thus far

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bontempelli out. That’ll help.

 

  • Like 7
  • Shocked 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On Monday, July 09, 2018 at 9:08 PM, Rusty Nails said:

Just my view but has to remain inside 50 or thereabouts DD and probably his best work will be inside 30.

Resembles a quick thinking old school rover feeding off packs and getting into space for the opportunist snap or mark/set shot.

The outside run further up field might happen as he develops a bigger tank but i think if he returns and is played higher up the field to start with it would be wasted and he'd end up back at Casey in no time.

If he hasn't developed a tank after 5 years I don't think he has time 2 develop one now

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

AFL article today talking about the Dees who can't get a game. States Oscar Baker is our second fastest player (after Hunt obviously). Could he be the extra run we need? Strong VFL form at the moment, could he come into the side for Smith as a defensive Mid?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/9/2018 at 3:05 PM, DeeZee said:

I’d love to see JKH get some reward for effort, but who to drop is harder.

I love Spargo, but I feel JKH might get more if it and do more damage.

Also might be less fumbly than ANB has been of late.

If J. Smith goes out , Pederson could be valuable as a swingman , or do we have a look at Keilty or Baker?

Keep Spargo in the team. We hardly ever lose when he plays. Let's give Baker a chance. He's got a bit of dash and flair and he's a red head. Our other one of them is okay. 

I'm partial to rangas. I have two brothers and two sisters with red hair.

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Lets give Oskar Baker a go I the seniors this week because pineapple dee is 'partial to rangas'.

:D

Edited by Yung Blood
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Yung Blood said:

Lets give Oskar Baker a go I the seniors this week because pineapple dee is 'partial to rangas'.

:D

But also because DV8 knows for a fact we'll be playing finals so let's get risky in here.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Yeah look timbo all we want right now is speed. Just any player that is fast. Bring in another 19/20 who is fresh and ready just like Harry Petty.

Edited by Yung Blood
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, DemonLad5 said:

Bontempelli out. That’ll help.

It will, but I wish this team were at a stage where the ins and outs of the opposition wasn't an issue; winning was an expectation regardless. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, BLWNBA said:

It will, but I wish this team were at a stage where the ins and outs of the opposition wasn't an issue; winning was an expectation regardless. 

We are stoking the fires for that to occur, it just takes a little time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, sisso said:

Bontempelli out after appendix surgery....

That means they'll need to find 30 odd possessions, 3 goals, 20 contested gets, 12 clearances, 5 goal assists and 8 marks

Big out

  • Like 1
  • Shocked 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, jumbo returns said:

That means they'll need to find 30 odd possessions, 3 goals, 20 contested gets, 12 clearances, 5 goal assists and 8 marks

Big out

Yep, by far their best and most influential player. Also happen to be a star.

Honestly we need every win and every goal at the moment to make finals, so I'll take whatever I can get to give us an advantage. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×