Jump to content

  • Latest Podcast: Josh Mahoney Interview



Recommended Posts

When I get up at 3:30am tomorrow I’ll be expecting a loss and hoping for a win.

MFCSS is like a second skin at the moment.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bitter has risen in Katherine 

I shall end my perilous outback odyssey in Darwin this afternoon and make a grand entrance at the football this evening 

I expect the team to be inspired by my presence and thrash those Westralians soundly!

  • Like 15
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Bitter but optimistic said:

Bitter has risen in Katherine 

I shall end my perilous outback odyssey in Darwin this afternoon and make a grand entrance at the football this evening 

I expect the team to be inspired by my presence and thrash those Westralians soundly!

I was under the impression you were to do some interpretive dance as the half time entertainment. Probably get a guard of honor by the players as you leave the arena

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

never felt more comfortable about a result... though after the last 3 rounds its probably just apathy...

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's deja vu .... all over again.

Welcome to Groundhog Day with the MFC 🙄

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Expecting Freo’s best, hopefully we have prepared for it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Dee Zephyr said:

Expecting Freo’s best, hopefully we have prepared for it. 

I'm sure we wont be take taking them lightly....

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bitter but optimistic said:

Bitter has risen in Katherine 

She may need a penicillin shot. 

  • Like 5
  • Haha 12

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hate these types of games. We’ve come off a bad loss, so even a win is going to be annoying on some level. I don’t even want to think about a loss. 

Bring back that feeling from our mid season streak where we were licking our lips at the prospect of playing crap teams.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can see Ross Lyon flooding the backline, jamming up the 20 m - 40m zone in front of goal.  We will need to be much better at f50 entries, and not let the slingshot goals from their defense happen like last week.

Brayshaw to play on Brayshaw?

think they will rove to Max.

2-3 goals per quarter better.  Dees 56 pt winners

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok. As it stands, we’re in the 8 (albeit just) with the second highest % in the comp.

Let’s put the wallowing in misery to one side for a moment and consider that if we win tonight, we’re still a good show to make finals. We can do this. 

If we should lose tonight, then I’ll burn the whole [censored] to the ground, shave my head, climb a bell tower and finish off any stragglers. 

Go Dees. 

  • Like 3
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Unlike previous weeks the team just feels right. Time for the two Christians to stand up and show some maturity and consistent impact. I think this is the reset we should have had post Pies game plan wise that we should launch from over the back 8.

Although if TMac starts on a wing.........

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wish I was as confident of making finals as I am of beating the Dockers today.  Our home ground advantage will get us over the line by around 8 goals.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I must confess I have an odd situation.

A preorganised present of a weekend away at a winery...fine dining tonight and tour of said winery with associated imbibings  will have me otherwise entertained and my time accounted for.

I might sneak an occasional look of the scores....or might not.

I hope the team has more enthusiasm than I do for this game. Watching Richmond tear up our beloved G , watching them despatch yet another opponent like throwing out the rubbish only torments this Demon supporter.

The game really isn't that complicated. It's not really that hard to play. We just make it appear so. We just need to strip away all the facade of 'cleverness'. We need to demystify the art of kicking and passing. We just need to play footy...play it as it's possible in simple style. No convoluted passages of play that invariably overcook necessity. 

If only those running around in Yellow and Black we're indeed our Red and Blue I'd be more keen to find a way to watch tonight.

I'm not bothering. Yet again a season hangs on a precipice of our own hewing. 

I really hope we win.

I'm more interested in the wine

Go Dees

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thrilled Jeffy is playing today. 

I know he can go missing in games - whole games - and heck, maybe even his VFL form probably doesn't warrant it!

But the guy is a star small forward, he can turn it on and be a real influence. I think he is the player we've been crying out for in our forward line, and I reckon he'll capitalise on our high inside 50 game.

Hope he doesn't leave the team again, even say after a couple of lean games.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Garlett is the type of player that won’t build form at Casey. Needs to be in the action. If he lays tackles, pressures and snags one or two then his job is done. Everything else is a bonus.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, america de cali said:

Garlett is the type of player that won’t build form at Casey. Needs to be in the action. If he lays tackles, pressures and snags one or two then his job is done. Everything else is a bonus.

And, no doubt, he'll very proudly wear the indigenous jumper.  Just hope it is an extra spur for him to turn in a blinder in the top end.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Picked up a slab of Furphy from Uncle Dan's this morning and how we play tonight will dictate how much of it gets drunk this evening.

I'm actually looking forward to kicking back and watching a Saturday night game that will be filled with long bombs to the top of the square, lots of fumbles and some dodgy performances down back that result in easy goals to the opposition.

That said, I'm backing us in to win by about 6 goals to help us begin to get our season back on track.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Like the fact that everyone has kept their mouths shut this week. Just get it done .

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, beelzebub said:

I must confess I have an odd situation.

A preorganised present of a weekend away at a winery...fine dining tonight and tour of said winery with associated imbibings  will have me otherwise entertained and my time accounted for.

I might sneak an occasional look of the scores....or might not.

I hope the team has more enthusiasm than I do for this game. Watching Richmond tear up our beloved G , watching them despatch yet another opponent like throwing out the rubbish only torments this Demon supporter.

The game really isn't that complicated. It's not really that hard to play. We just make it appear so. We just need to strip away all the facade of 'cleverness'. We need to demystify the art of kicking and passing. We just need to play footy...play it as it's possible in simple style. No convoluted passages of play that invariably overcook necessity. 

If only those running around in Yellow and Black we're indeed our Red and Blue I'd be more keen to find a way to watch tonight.

I'm not bothering. Yet again a season hangs on a precipice of our own hewing. 

I really hope we win.

I'm more interested in the wine

Go Dees

They make some good Pinot up there bb have one for me.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Nasher said:

I hate these types of games. We’ve come off a bad loss, so even a win is going to be annoying on some level. I don’t even want to think about a loss. 

Bring back that feeling from our mid season streak where we were licking our lips at the prospect of playing crap teams.

It's pretty much a lose-lose game.

If we win, we'll either struggle (fail), or it'll be a ho-hum performance (fail), or we'll smash them, in which case it will be either "where was that last week" or "flat track bullies/pretenders" again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

If you bump into my dad while your up there say helllo for me. He lives not far from you actually, in Trentham.

Edit: Sorry meant to send this to Bitter!

Edited by —coach—

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Been in Darwin for the week, enjoying the monotonous great weather, blue skies and heat. 

Really confident we’ll win tonight and looking forward to seeing AFL footy top end style. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×