Jump to content

  • Podcast Tonight @ 8:30pm


Sign in to follow this  
pewpewpew

If Paul Roos Returns to the Dees today ...

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, SFebey said:

 

Wow, I got sucked in as well!! Well played Pew!

Edited by Grapeviney
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Me too - my heart skipped a beat.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Poor few weeks but the place is hardly burning down. *

 

 

* I reserve the right to take that comment back if we lose to Fremantle.

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, pewpewpew said:

Pizza_Roos01.gif

 

 

Thought it was Roos walking in to Demonland just after the siren Saturday

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No premiership for over 50 years and no finals for over 10 years?

This is the darkest timeline

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

By the sound in Roos' shift in opinions of late, it looks like he wants to bash the door down and come back and takeover. He is clearly as frustrated as us.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, SFebey said:

By the sound in Roos' shift in opinions of late, it looks like he wants to bash the door down and come back and takeover. He is clearly as frustrated as us.

Maybe the players are en masse tanking to facilitate just that scenario

I'll place a jk here lest someone think I'm serious.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, timbo said:

Maybe the players are en masse tanking to facilitate just that scenario

I'll place a jk here lest someone think I'm serious.

Good idea to tank in such a strong draft (first round), worked really well for us in the past too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

No premiership for over 50 years and no finals for over 10 years?

This is the darkest timeline

Golly, would I love to have Roos re-join as Coach. Golly, would I love to have Roos steering the FD. Golly, would I love to have Roos mentoring and guiding our team. Golly, would I like to give Roos all of our lists to develop and re-create a MFC dynasty with a record-breaking series of Grand Final wins. Ten million dollars each year from members and DL members, and the Let's Kill Collingwood Appreciation Society. Go-o-olly, in the best of Gomer Pyle traditions. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

No premiership for over 50 years and no finals for over 10 years?

This is the darkest timeline

55 years. Of which only 11 have been finals years. Melbourne supporters should get their own bronze memorial outside the MCG.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Shocked 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, praha said:

55 years. Of which only 11 have been finals years. Melbourne supporters should get their own bronze memorial outside the MCG.

Since for many years a team only had 1 chance in 3 or getting into finals and now it's 1 in 2, you could argue that 11 is not so bad.   But I wouldn't dare do so.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SFebey said:

Good idea to tank in such a strong draft (first round), worked really well for us in the past too.

Especially as Adelaide gets our first rounder again this year. They would love it.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, ding said:

Especially as Adelaide gets our first rounder again this year. They would love it.

Haha, perfect! The knightmares begin, only Melbourne could possibly do something like that! And then get fined for it before realissing, no first rounders here, neville, here no first rounders.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, praha said:

55 years. Of which only 11 have been finals years. Melbourne supporters should get their own bronze memorial outside the MCG.

Leaving out 1998-2006, how many years have we played finals?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, SFebey said:

Leaving out 1998-2006, how many years have we played finals?

Believe outside those Daniher years it’s only been 5 times? Whatever the number is, it’s pathetic and embarrassing. We Melbourne supporters are a resilient bunch to stick by supporting such a lowly club all this time.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Lord Travis said:

Believe outside those Daniher years it’s only been 5 times? Whatever the number is, it’s pathetic and embarrassing. We Melbourne supporters are a resilient bunch to stick by supporting such a lowly club all this time.

Wow, that's horrible, wish I hadn't of asked now, that's a disgrace.

  • Shocked 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Bring-Back-Powell said:

Wasn't he supposed to stick around as a consultant or mentor?

Wouldnt bother, he would just plug one hole and another 2 would open up

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, pewpewpew said:

Pizza_Roos01.gif

 

 

Ha ha, love it. Thanks for the chuckle.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, SFebey said:

Wow, that's horrible, wish I hadn't of asked now, that's a disgrace.

Since 64:

87

88

89

90

91

94

98

2000

2002

2004

2005

2006

 

So 12 actually.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, praha said:

Since 64:

87

88

89

90

91

94

98

2000

2002

2004

2005

2006

 

So 12 actually.

Yep so only 6 years in total outside of the Daniher era since 1964, quite sad really.

Remind me again why we got rid of him FFS!

Edited by SFebey

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 I remember the 70's and most of the 80's being pretty miserable.
At least we had Flower.

And the new age back slappers wonder why the supporters who have endured more than their share of
garbage over the years are frustrated now.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×