Jump to content

  • Latest Podcast: Bulldogs



Sign in to follow this  
Petraccattack

Run home to Finals - 2018

Recommended Posts

10 hours ago, timbo said:

FTM

(Follow the money)

What does the Cattery hold (besides a merdeload of mentally deranged Geelong supporters)

What does the G hold

Bums on seats = $

I rest my case your honour

That's a group of Crows, isn't it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We'll be right, the pain of the loss in round 23 still burns like a pain in the guts !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, beelzebub said:

The biggest hurdle there might be having to play Geelong.. at the Cattery !! ( In week 1 )

Will never happen. Will be at the "G". 90k +

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, MT64 said:

Will never happen. Will be at the "G". 90k +

I don't quite understand the blatant disregard for history. The AFL is quite open to home finals for elimination finals. 

Geelong isn't without clout in these things...we hardly have any.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, beelzebub said:

I don't quite understand the blatant disregard for history. The AFL is quite open to home finals for elimination finals. 

Geelong isn't without clout in these things...we hardly have any.

If the AFL Don’t give Geelong all their home games in Geelong against other vic sides why would they do it in a final, if it was against Collingwood or hawthorn would you expect it to be played in Geelong, I mean it probably should be if they earned the right to host a final, but I just can’t see it happening where Geelong play another vic club in a home final in Geelong 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone know when Round 23 fixture is likely to be released?

Melbourne v GWS, Sydney v Hawthorn the only 2 games between potential finalists. We are coming off a Sunday game in Perth so you'd think we are unlikely to play earlier than Saturday night. GWS play Saturday the week prior. So I'm thinking either Saturday night or 1:10 Sunday? 

I reckon Sydney Hawthorn will get the Friday night or Port Essendon. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We make it with 12 wins if the following happens and we keep our percentage intact and Essendon and Adelaide both lose at least a game which they will:

MELBOURNE WIN THE FOLLOWING GAMES:

Bulldogs

GC

GWS

NORTH LOSE THE FOLLOWING:

Sydney (Etihad)

Collingwood (MCG)

West Coast (Hobart)

Adelaide (Adelaide Oval)

GWS LOSE THE FOLLOWING:

Richmond (Spotless)

Port (Adelaide Oval)

Sydney (Spotless)

Melbourne (MCG)

 

The bottom line is it's critcal that GWS and North lose as many games as possible. We also probably won't make it with 12 wins if we lose to GWS in round 23.

The GWS game is going to be the biggest game of our MFC supporting lives since the 2016 finals series.

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Bring-Back-Powell said:

We make it with 12 wins if the following happens and we keep our percentage intact and Essendon and Adelaide both lose at least a game which they will:

MELBOURNE WIN THE FOLLOWING GAMES:

Bulldogs

GC

GWS

NORTH LOSE THE FOLLOWING:

Sydney (Etihad)

Collingwood (MCG)

West Coast (Hobart)

Adelaide (Adelaide Oval)

GWS LOSE THE FOLLOWING:

Richmond (Spotless)

Port (Adelaide Oval)

Sydney (Spotless)

Melbourne (MCG)

 

The bottom line is it's critcal that GWS and North lose as many games as possible. We also probably won't make it with 12 wins if we lose to GWS in round 23.

The GWS game is going to be the biggest game of our MFC supporting lives since the 2016 finals series.

 

We just have to keep winning

It’s quite simple

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/11/2018 at 7:43 AM, Pates said:

I feel like we'll make it, but not easily. The only thing that'll change that is if we pull out an unlikely victory against the cats. I still honestly feel like we have the capacity to play some great footy and be a real threat, but we just don't seem to bring it when it matters. The tigers were in a similar position last year having serious questions asked about them, they turned it around because they seemed to come closer together as a group and decide near enough wasn't good enough.

I hope our players have a similar resolve somewhere inside them.

I just did the ladder predictor up to August 3rd...  I have us 5th at Rnd 20.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bring-Back-Powell said:

We make it with 12 wins if the following happens and we keep our percentage intact and Essendon and Adelaide both lose at least a game which they will:

MELBOURNE WIN THE FOLLOWING GAMES:

Bulldogs

GC

GWS

NORTH LOSE THE FOLLOWING:

Sydney (Etihad)

Collingwood (MCG)

West Coast (Hobart)

Adelaide (Adelaide Oval)

GWS LOSE THE FOLLOWING:

Richmond (Spotless)

Port (Adelaide Oval)

Sydney (Spotless)

Melbourne (MCG)

 

The bottom line is it's critcal that GWS and North lose as many games as possible. We also probably won't make it with 12 wins if we lose to GWS in round 23.

The GWS game is going to be the biggest game of our MFC supporting lives since the 2016 finals series.

 

North could win every one of those but I'll peg them for at least 2W. How does that change the arithmetic. Presumably we need to more wins

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

It will be frightening if it comes down to GWS in Round 23, especially if we havent figured out how to play the MCG.

They will likely have most of their team back by then and could be rolling.

Edited by Petraccattack

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, brendan said:

If the AFL Don’t give Geelong all their home games in Geelong against other vic sides why would they do it in a final, if it was against Collingwood or hawthorn would you expect it to be played in Geelong, I mean it probably should be if they earned the right to host a final, but I just can’t see it happening where Geelong play another vic club in a home final in Geelong 

H&A is different to finals.

There's been a push for whoever's the higher finisher to have 'earnt' a home final.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Petraccattack said:

It will be frightening if it comes down to GWS in Round 23, especially if we havent figured out how to play the MCG.

They will likely have most of their team back by then and could be rolling.

Simple solution - we start a campaign to have the game moved to Etihad.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, timbo said:

North could win every one of those but I'll peg them for at least 2W. How does that change the arithmetic. Presumably we need to more wins

If North won 2 of the 4 possible losses I listed, they'll end up on 14-8 assuming they win their remaining easy games, and likely take our spot in the 8.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, beelzebub said:

I don't quite understand the blatant disregard for history. The AFL is quite open to home finals for elimination finals. 

Geelong isn't without clout in these things...we hardly have any.

Well if that's the case the ground has to be opened up to 50% non Geelong supporters if it's a Victorian club. Let's see how that goes down in catland.

Edited by MT64

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Last year we beat Crows and Eagles away no Max no Hogan and a few others.

If we are good enough we win at least four games  of the next seven and with our good percentage will play finals.

If not, we will have gone backwards this year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, puntkick said:

We'll be right, the pain of the loss in round 23 still burns like a pain in the guts !

Vulnerable as ever.

There should be right now more pain with the StKilda loss, the Port loss than R23 from last year. 

A real test of psyche, strength of character and smarts under pressure for the remaining 7 rounds.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MT64 said:

Well if that's the case the ground has to be opened up to 50% non Geelong supporters if it's a Victorian club. Let's see how that goes down in catland.

Don't get me wrong...it's absurd. Geelong supporters would ,of course end up with better than half allocated..as that's how it rolls down there.   But the AFL condone this effectively..

Cats have clout

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, beelzebub said:

Don't get me wrong...it's absurd. Geelong supporters would ,of course end up with better than half allocated..as that's how it rolls down there.   But the AFL condone this effectively..

Cats have clout

One could hope for a fair distribution. As you point out H&A is one thing and finals are another but I agree with your point. Melbourne make the finals and our supporters will be everywhere. Even the AFL could not ignore the $$$$$$$'s

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not sure what to take away from that game last night.  Is our game against the Cats more achievable ??  or the game against the Crows more daunting ?? Talk about swings and roundabouts .

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bring-Back-Powell said:

Well, after night Geelong V Melbourne just became an '8 point' game.

The rest are 6 point games for me..i.e...any game we drop makes it doubly imperative to win the next.

Finals is as much about momentum as it is available list.

No-one who's fallen into finals has accomplished much after.

There's 7 games left...best we win 5 of them..

I'm not normally optimistic at this point...and I'm not,but  if we're a chance then we need

Dogs..win

Cats.. win

Crows .  🤔🤔🤔

Suns ... Win

Swans 🤔🤔🤔

Eagles ...🙄😳

Giants...must win.

On the basis of the above...that's 4 plus..one of 3 maybe's

That still,most likely only had us retaining our current position but with the likelihood of facing someone we've already beaten...at the G ..in the first week.

It won't hurt if a few others drop the ball....but our fortune is in our hands.

Edited by beelzebub
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, beelzebub said:

I'm not sure what to take away from that game last night.  Is our game against the Cats more achievable ??  or the game against the Crows more daunting ??

I'd say the latter.

There's no tougher assignment in footy than Geelong in Geelong (unless your Sydney). We'll be doing extremely well to beat Geelong next week,

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Another one down. The Geelong and Hawthorn results this week show why there’s no need to go overboard with poor results. The clubs we are competing with are just as flaky and likely to shoot themselves in the foot.

That said, I’m hopeful we can put Geelong away next week. If so, top 4 remains within reach and finals overall get a lot more likely.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×