Discussion on recent allegations about the use of illicit drugs in football is forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Run home to Finals - 2018

What

A Sydney win could see Collingwood slide.  For a team that is hampered by injuries, their draw isn't ideal, so those wishing for the Pies to miss out on finals, this could start the rot for them.

All week I've actually been thinking that this game will be a draw.  Not sure why.  Not sure how this will impact the ladder either! 

5 hours ago, MSFebey said:

I’m surprised so many are writing Sydney off, we all know what they’re like.

What they were like, lost to Gold Coast 2 weeks ago. Buddy will be the worry when we play them.

39 minutes ago, loges said:

What they were like, lost to Gold Coast 2 weeks ago. Buddy will be the worry when we play them.

True but Longmire says he hasn't trained more than 20 mins all year. Foot problems I believe. Or heel more specifically...

9 minutes ago, jnrmac said:

True but Longmire says he hasn't trained more than 20 mins all year. Foot problems I believe. Or heel more specifically...

buddy shouldn't be playing is only playing at the moment because his buddy,  Sydney are desperate if it was any other player with his injury, thay would be resting, they are better without him until his heel heals.

Lets get a grip people. We SHOULD win this week but the following 3 are not easy so we have to make the finals first. I did predict 14 wins at start of year so I will stick with it but am presuming nothing.

On 7/30/2018 at 4:22 PM, The Chazz said:

For the punters out there, we are currently $5.50 to miss the 8 on Sportsbet.  Im expecting us to win this weekend coming, so our odds of missing the 8 should blow out a bit more.

What price are you willing to pay to watch the Dees in the finals?  Me, I'll be putting $100 on us to miss the 8 after this weekend's win.  Should get $8s, so if the worst case scenario eventuates, I'm ending the year with a few dollars in my pocket.

That said, I'll never be happier with losing $100 if we make finals.

What a brilliant idea! I'm going to do the same. Best insurance policy ever.

I can see it now: we miss the finals by less than a kick against GWS but I win $1k. It won't take all the hurt away but at least buys one big bandaid to ease the pain. 

Long term sufferers should jump on board!

On 7/31/2018 at 10:50 AM, DubDee said:

Oh and Hirdy reckons the Dons will win the flag

what a delusional [censored].

I think Hird said that if the Dons make the 8 they'll win the flag.

He's merely trying to curry favour with the Dons; dingbats. Essendon need to win all four remaining games given they have a poor percentage. I reckon they'll lose at least two. Hird is on safe ground. He knows his Dons are no chance to play finals.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MSFebey said:

So he'll be back for the Dees game then? Yay

Don't think so. Heard on triple m that he had a fractured leg  from training so they don't know how long he will be out. Maybe for the year. Out of our last 3 games I fancy a win against wet coke than the other 2. If no Kennedy then maybe even more so.

• Thanks 1

On 8/3/2018 at 10:21 AM, DeeWiz said:

What a load of garbage. We beat a surging Adelaide in Adelaide last weekend without Viney and Hibberd.

We're a team, not a group of individuals.

Agree, but to be fair the WC game will be tougher, especially if we've lost to Sydney, and if we then lose to WC the GWS game will be a pressure-cooker off the charts for us.

I don't think we'll see Viney again this season (finals or no finals), but I expect Melksham back next week and Hibberd back for WC.

On 8/3/2018 at 10:44 AM, worldwideweb_demon said:

Also mathematically, 13 wins doesn't guarantee finals if results went against our way.

We're also vulnerable against Sydney.

My Swans mate doesn't make me forget about the loss against Sydney in the 90s when the Swans were on a massive losing streak.

Most likely if we get to 13 we're only going to miss if North or Essendon win all four, or if we drop significant percentage in the two losses.

As it stands, if we can hold our percentage at 125%, and if North drop just one game from here, we should be OK.

In terms of our percentage, I'm confident we can maintain it - we've only had one loss by more than 10 points since ANZAC Eve (to Collingwood). But a big win this weekend would definitely help.

• Like 1

if results go our way we could third be this by the end of the weekend:

• tigers - good start
  • peptides (50-50)
  • bears (outside chance)
  • cows (50-50)
  • aints (irrelevant)
  • swannies (50-50)
  • carltank (extrezzo unlikely)
  • us, obviously (if we don't beat gc17 at the g we don't deserve to play in finals)
  • shockers (unlikely, but a possibility)

a more likely result would see us 5th or 6th at the end of the round, with us, gw$ and meth coke near monties to win, and the future tasmania, poos&wees, the pear, and the filth all getting up

i want to win all remaining games pls :)

• Like 1

State of Play:

Of the top 8 teams only Tigers don't have an 8 pt game

Among 2-8 who are all on 12 or 12.5 wins, 15 of their 21 games are 8-point games!!!  A bonanza for the AFL and broadcasters.

Outside the 8 are Cats and Roos who have the easiest run home.  Cats will make it?.  Not so sure about the Roos as Bulldogs and Adel will challenge them.  Due to their low % they only need to drop one game to miss the finals.

Ess and Crows are out of the running for finals but expect them, Lions and Bulldogs to have a big say in who makes the 8.  They are all playing well but inconsistent.  Get them on an 'on' day and it could mean dropping out of contention.

Who will drop out of the 8?  Anyone's guess!  The most vulnerable are Power and Sydney (difficult run and lower %).  Its amazing to say this but a team on 14 wins might still not make it.

How even can it get!  Spots 2 to 10 on the ladder will go right down to the wire!  Top 4 up for grabs!  Nail biting stuff.

Hopefully, we get one of those top 4.  Failing that spots 5 or 6 as would love to have a final in Melbourne.  That would draw out a lot of closet Demon supporters.  A home final would be fabulous for the club.

Yes, I know.  One week at a time but gee its hard not to get really excited!!

Edited by Lucifers Hero
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Lucifer's Hero said:

State of Play:

image.png.1905a2c1d1232c462057d4b630ae2bcd.png

Of the top 8 teams only Tigers don't have an 8 pt game

Among 2-7 who are all on 12 or 12.5 wins, 15 of their 21 games are 8-point games!!!  A bonanza for the AFL and broadcasters.

Outside the 8 are Cats and Roos who have the easiest run home.  Cats will make it?.  Not so sure about the Roos as Bulldogs and Adel will challenge them.  Due to their low % they only need to drop one game to miss the finals.

Ess and Crows are out of the running for finals but expect them, Lions and Bulldogs to have a big say in who makes the 8.  They are all playing well but inconsistent.  Get them on an 'on' day and it could mean dropping out of contention.

Who will drop out of the 8?  Anyone's guess!  The most vulnerable are Power and Sydney (difficult run and lower %).  Its amazing to say this but a team on 14 wins might still not make it.

How even can it get!  Spots 2 to 10 on the ladder will go right down to the wire!  Top 4 up for grabs!  Nail biting stuff.

Hopefully, we get one of those top 4.  Failing that spots 5 or 6 as would love to have a final in Melbourne.  That would draw out a lot of closet Demon supporters.

I did the ladder predictor this morning, factoring in that we only win 1 of the next three games and had North losing to Adelaide in Adelaide. That saw us finishing 6th. I also had Hawks beating Geelong. Those 2 games are the anomalies  I also had North losing to the Doggies. It is really tight. A win this week for us is a must. I think 13 and our percentage will be enough. 

• Like 1

I had a horror scenario that saw us missing the 8 on 13 wins with a win over Sydney.

North beating Adelaide in Adelaide to win 14  games.

Geelong winning their last 2 games at home against GC and Freo by 100 points in both games, and leapfrogging us on percentage.

RICH  18-4

WCE   16-6

GWS 15-6-1

Haw  15-7

Coll 15-7

Port 14-8

North 14-8

Geel 13-9 (128%)

--------------------------------

Melb 13-9 (127%)

Edited by Bring-Back-Powell

This time of the year is all about injuries.

GWS

lost Deledio, Greene and Simpson yesterday, possibly all for multiple weeks. Other than that, they have HWSNBN out and Patton.

WCE

Kennedy apparently still weeks away and lost Schofield to a hamstring plus Gaff will most likely be gone for the year.

COLL

Moore did his hamstring to go with their other injuries, should get Howe, De Goey back this week onwards.

SYD

Hannebery should be back this week and Rohan this week or next.

MELB

Viney I dont think will play this year, Hibberd can hurry up after he told everyone only one week, Melksham should play this week. Smith out is coverable.

RICH

Have been Starting to get a couple. Butler, Conca, Graham, Prestia all due to come back within the next 3 weeks.

PORT,and GEEL have the best injury lists unfortunately

• Like 1