Discussion on recent allegations about the use of illicit drugs in football is forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Changes v St Kilda

dees189227

20 hours ago, Satyriconhome said:

See I have an opinion that I thought Tyson played his role, as backed up by Goody's comments, but my opinion is wrong because you thought Tyson was poor which must be correct, so why was he poor or are you going to cop out?

Um no. You said Tyson played his role but offered no description of what that role was and when asked, said merely the role he was set by Goodwin. This implies that either you know the role set by Goodwin, in which case please share so we can make an objective assessment, or (more likely) you have no idea what role Goodwin set and so have no basis for your original claim.

FWIW I think that, in the context of what we lacked on the weekend in terms of skills and run, Tyson’s 16 possession game did not offer value. His possessions didn’t hurt the opposition and his defensive pressure was moderate.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, SFebey said:

Tom McDonald was interrogated from media yesterday and he told them it was none of their business and it was his decision or similar, said he’d be right for Saints and he was OK. Sounded quite bristly and I’m unsure where he’s at. May be some media today but it was quite funny. Basically said [censored] off

Like that interpretation and dismissive brevity. There should be more of these types of responses. We must remain 'mysterious' and largely 'unknown' on the inside by the 'outside', as a Club.

For too long have we allowed the media and all of its idiot factions to sensationalise, tell half-truths and drum-up negativities into 'stories' that impact the masses and in turn, the umpires, the players themselves, the coaches and football departments, and common sense, particularly that of the AFL itself. Interference in our game from these means is absolutely unacceptable. ONYER, TOM!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Deemania since 56 said:

Like that interpretation and dismissive brevity. There should be more of these types of responses. We must remain 'mysterious' and largely 'unknown' on the inside by the 'outside', as a Club.

For too long have we allowed the media and all of its idiot factions to sensationalise, tell half-truths and drum-up negativities into 'stories' that impact the masses and in turn, the umpires, the players themselves, the coaches and football departments, and common sense, particularly that of the AFL itself. Interference in our game from these means is absolutely unacceptable. ONYER, TOM!

is there a link to the doorstep ambush?

1 minute ago, timbo said:

is there a link to the doorstep ambush?

Not sure that I understand this question: link? Doorstop ambush? What do you mean, Timbo?

1 minute ago, Dappa Dan said:

lol @ people calling for Hogan to be dropped.

I laugh at it too Dappa, but then I'm always intrigued as to who they bring in instead.  Most players at Casey have had enough exposure at AFL level to know what we are getting - do people seriously believe we're a better side with Pedersen or Frost forward and Hogan in the twos?  Or bringing in a Billy Stretch or a Tommy Bugg for Petracca?  We aren't, and it's why it won't happen.

It just won't happen.  I know people fly off the handle after a loss, but that's why they're fans and not coaches.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Deemania since 56 said:

Not sure that I understand this question: link? Doorstop ambush? What do you mean, Timbo?

Sorry I was paraphrasing and got too clever (or stupid)

Is there a link to any video of the interview he gave? I gave it a "he was doorstep ambushed" context

23 minutes ago, Wiseblood said:

I laugh at it too Dappa, but then I'm always intrigued as to who they bring in instead.  Most players at Casey have had enough exposure at AFL level to know what we are getting - do people seriously believe we're a better side with Pedersen or Frost forward and Hogan in the twos?  Or bringing in a Billy Stretch or a Tommy Bugg for Petracca?  We aren't, and it's why it won't happen.

It just won't happen.  I know people fly off the handle after a loss, but that's why they're fans and not coaches.

Yeah. Laughter is the appropriate response. You don't take it seriously.

I love the idea also that the couch-coaches in demonland have ignored. Imagine the Saints coaching department looking at the magnets on their boards, and they get the call through that Hogan's been dropped after 2 bad games. They would be doing cartwheels. 

• Like 1

Will probably see our under performing "stars" return to form against the weaker teams over the next few weeks.

While that will be welcome, I'm concerned that it will simply be papering over the cracks until we play any of the top 4 contenders.

We have gone from last years unpredictable giant killer, to being very predictable at mauling the bottom feeders, while not being capable of handling the top 8 sides. I'm no longer convinced that we will beat any of the power teams that we will meet in the run to finals.

If we play with the same intensity for every remaining game that we displayed last week, we can still make the top 4, but it will take players like Petracca and Hogan to find consistent form.

I fear that we will fall away quickly once the players have doubts about finals again. A massive challenge for corporate-speak Goodwin to get the players up every week. We really do need to hammer these bottom clubs to rebuild confidence.

Can we operate with both Spargo and Garlett in the forward line? Wouldn't mind seeing a bit of a mosquito fleet and giving Weideman / Hogan license to crash and bring the ball to ground as much as possible. 

3 minutes ago, Win4theAges said:

Young spargo unlucky.

I agree. If he needs a 'rest' then play him deep forward in the crumbing role we desperately need. Like many of our forwards, was getting sucked up the ground too far. He'll be good LT though

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, timbo said:

Sorry I was paraphrasing and got too clever (or stupid)

Is there a link to any video of the interview he gave? I gave it a "he was doorstep ambushed" context

Ok, thanks, and to your question, I just dunno at all. If TMAC did negate and interview wiht characteristic style, all I could say would be: Bluddy Weldun, Sport!

1 hour ago, Dappa Dan said:

lol @ people calling for Hogan to be dropped.

1 hour ago, Wiseblood said:

It’s got nothing to do with who comes in to replace them. We should be able to win our next three with both Hogan and Petrcca out of the side. It’s about their development both as a footballers and as people. It’s about getting their mindset right and them getting the best out of themselves. They should not be treated any differently to the rest. 

25 minutes ago, juzzk1d said:

Can we operate with both Spargo and Garlett in the forward line? Wouldn't mind seeing a bit of a mosquito fleet and giving Weideman / Hogan license to crash and bring the ball to ground as much as possible. 

You wouldn't think so. Not with Hannan as well, and it would be tough to drop him.

1 minute ago, Bombay Airconditioning said:

It’s got nothing to do with who comes in to replace them. We should be able to win our next three with both Hogan and Petrcca out of the side. It’s about their development both as a footballers and as people. It’s about getting their mindset right and them getting the best out of themselves. They should not be treated any differently to the rest. 

That's great.

They won't be dropped.  Absolutely no chance, and it's ridiculous to suggest it.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Bombay Airconditioning said:

Hogan is All Australian at the halfway mark of the year. You don't drop him. 

You back him in to respond.

Jeez some tough judges on Hogan, 2 bad games in an otherwise sensational year. I think his biggest issue is Goodwin playing him as a mid, a fault that perhaps isn't his. I wish Goodwin would play players where they play their best, Roos said similar recently.

Brereton did a piece on Fox about Hogan playing as a crumber and not contesting in the air. We need to play to Hogan’s strengths and pack marking isn’t one of them. The constant bombing of the footy inside 50 made him redundant last week. In some situations it’s the only option, regardless leave TMac permanently deep forward and let Hogan roam up the ground where he is better suited.

Hard to write a team sheet til we see who's available.

Im not assuming ANYTHING. from here on in.

Strangely enough id rather play the Aints at that marvelous place.

Strange days

13 minutes ago, BAMF said:

Hogan is All Australian at the halfway mark of the year. You don't drop him. 

You back him in to respond.

He would need to BAMF.  Zero impact Zero goals last two critical matches.

11 minutes ago, SFebey said:

Jeez some tough judges on Hogan, 2 bad games in an otherwise sensational year. I think his biggest issue is Goodwin playing him as a mid, a fault that perhaps isn't his. I wish Goodwin would play players where they play their best, Roos said similar recently.

Can't agree more about getting him back to playing a key power position.  With Viney back and now we've brought another mid in in Tyson, Hogan spending significant time up the field is simply not required.

Our delivery was ordinary at times agreed, but a couple of other times he received lace out on the lead and tried to chest mark it instead of marking in front.  Spoiled easily.  Goody needs to get him back on track and fast in the next 3 rounds when we /he has the opportunity against lessor rated opponents.

Derny's assessment is interesting.....

https://www.theroar.com.au/tv/dermott-breretons-scathing-assessment-of-jesse-hogans-performance/

Edited by Rusty Nails
  • Like 2

35 minutes ago, SFebey said:

Jeez some tough judges on Hogan, 2 bad games in an otherwise sensational year. 

I agree.

That said, and this is not meant to be knock on hogan, but what i think we lack atm is a player who by force of will drag us over the line.

All great teams have one, sometimes two, such players.

Im thinking of current players like selwood, Dangerfield, dusty, kennedy,  sloane and buddy. Playets that impose themseves on the game and do the extraordinary when most needed.

Thw closest we have is viney, but whilst he will aways give 120 per cent he probably lacks the class.

I would love hogan to be that player. Oliver has the potential to be that player and you'd hope trac also (but it has to be said he would need to go up a level). 

• Like 3