Jump to content

  • Latest Podcast: Josh Mahoney Interview



DemonLad5

Delisting, Trade and FA discussion 2018

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, dieter said:

If anyone mentions Jed lamb again I'll put them on ignore.

Who's Jed Lamb?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, ManDee said:

Who's Jed Lamb?

You mentioned him: you're suspended for ten minutes!

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, dieter said:

You mentioned him: you're suspended for ten minutes!

Now I can talk behind your back. That dieter.......you wouldn't believe it 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/18/2018 at 10:54 PM, Lord Travis said:

Not really any decent delisted free agents this year. Best of the lot is our very own Bugg who would surely be playing in a number of other teams. He’d legitimately be in the top 10 players at Carlton and Gold Coast.

Bugg is hopeless and doesn’t suit any positional needs. Mainly because he couldn’t settle in a position the last couple of years 

I think we’ll take 4 draft picks and then look for 2-3 mature age players who fill depth needs, depending on the draft those being:

Forward/3rd ruck - ie. younger Pedersen

Outside kicking/run - a new Bernie Vince/Lewis type 

Depth inside mid - a cut price Dom Tyson/Nath Jones 

Crumbing/pressure forward - a new Garlett

We need to replace the guys who actually got games over the last 2 years. Not find replacements for guys like Bugg who was hardly picked all year 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nathan Wright (St Kilda) or Aaron Mullett (Nth Melb/Carlton) as potential cover as small defender in case Jetta were to get injured.

Or if we were more interested in cover for key forwards then Aaron Black (Nth Melb/Geelong) or Ryan Schoenmakers  (Hawthorn) who I believe hasn't signed are our best options IMO.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, MadAsHell said:

Nathan Wright (St Kilda) or Aaron Mullett (Nth Melb/Carlton) as potential cover as small defender in case Jetta were to get injured.

Or if we were more interested in cover for key forwards then Aaron Black (Nth Melb/Geelong) or Ryan Schoenmakers  (Hawthorn) who I believe hasn't signed are our best options IMO.

Aaron Black suffered an ACL from memory, when will he be fully available?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dee Zephyr said:

Aaron Black suffered an ACL from memory, when will he be fully available?

I thought it was a broken leg and he was available for selection again late in the season? But I could be wrong.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Black did his ACL in June. 

Mav Weller, wow wee...he plays like his eyes are too close together and they’re crossed. 

Edited by Ethan Tremblay

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Unlike Melbourne of the past, how about we forget others crap.

  • Like 5
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, spirit of norm smith said:

Depth inside mid - Mav Weller. 1 year contract.  Physically ready. 

If my memory is right then he's off to Gold Coast to play with his brother.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd be interested in Lamb as a small forward but it wouldn't make a lot of sense considering he is similar to Bugg and we got rid of Bugg.

I doubt we will get a delisted free agents (we need 2 if we don't upgrade) I think we will upgrade as there isn't really another reason why they haven't announced the signings of T.Smith and Keilty. I think they will wait to the end of the delisted free agents time closes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is there a list around of players yet to be re-signed? The current delisted group is pretty average. There'll be another round of delistings, so hoping that can throw up a half decent player.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, WERRIDEE said:

I'd be interested in Lamb as a small forward but it wouldn't make a lot of sense considering he is similar to Bugg and we got rid of Bugg.

I doubt we will get a delisted free agents (we need 2 if we don't upgrade) I think we will upgrade as there isn't really another reason why they haven't announced the signings of T.Smith and Keilty. I think they will wait to the end of the delisted free agents time closes.

Agree re Lamb/Bugg. It also doesn't make sense given Bugg is better then Lamb.

According to the two men themselves, Keilty and Smith are both staying on the rookie list.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He is not in that list but I think Nathan Freeman would be worth taking a look at. He promised a lot but injury kept him from delivering at both Collingwood and Saints. He was touted as super fast in his draft year. I guess if he couldn’t get a game at the Saints that is a bad sign though.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, MadAsHell said:

Nathan Wright (St Kilda) or Aaron Mullett (Nth Melb/Carlton) as potential cover as small defender in case Jetta were to get injured.

Or if we were more interested in cover for key forwards then Aaron Black (Nth Melb/Geelong) or Ryan Schoenmakers  (Hawthorn) who I believe hasn't signed are our best options IMO.

Hey, MAH, I recall somewhere you mentioned that Keilty and T Smith had been re-signed for another year as Rookies.  Would like to update the 'Contracts' thread but have been unable to find anything from the club.    

I noticed the AFL article showed no-one at mfc was still un-signed but do you know if Keilty/Smith contract extensions have been officially announced.  Thanks.

Edited by Lucifer's Hero

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, MadAsHell said:

Agree re Lamb/Bugg. It also doesn't make sense given Bugg is better then Lamb.

According to the two men themselves, Keilty and Smith are both staying on the rookie list.

It probably means Maynard stays on the rookie list as well means we need 2 delisted free agents because I doubt that we will go past 91 in the draft. I'm going for Oxley and Hartung.

Edited by WERRIDEE

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×