Posting Unsubstantiated Rumours on this Website is Strictly Forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Petracca in a rut?

McQueen

I find it hard to fathom that we have liniment sniffers on here who believe this kid is too good to be dropped. I was in favour of a week at Casey after the Sun's game. This KID is not helping the team or himself at the moment. He is nowhere near breaking a game open. He is going backwards. 

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, chook fowler said:

3 problems with Trac

1. No tank so he runs out of gas early in a game

2. Can’t kick, especially set shots at goal which limits his use as a forward.

3. He has a big ego and tries to do too much and forgets the simple things.

Good summary Chookie

2 minutes ago, wonnabeeri said:

Luke Tapscott mk2

Harsh beyond belief.

He is out of form, plain and simple. Needs to work on fitness and kicking.

Once he does that, he can get involved the way we need him.

Whilst disappointed in his current form, I'm not too worried about his future. 

Trac only needs one enormous summer and talking to from Goody and Jones. He needs to become more professional in his prep pre season and he needs to listen more. It'll click and he's a little more immature than the rest of our core but it's only a matter of time. 

He has all the right ingredients. 

• Like 5

May have been mentioned but first I've heard.... source claims CP5 and family (namely mother) not entirely happy with club at the moment, specifically handling of finger injury, doctor appears to have not realized the seriousness of the issue, mother had to step in and then eventually rushing back into side...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, stevethemanjordan said:

Whilst disappointed in his current form, I'm not too worried about his future. 

Trac only needs one enormous summer and talking to from Goody and Jones. He needs to become more professional in his prep pre season and he needs to listen more. It'll click and he's a little more immature than the rest of our core but it's only a matter of time. 

He has all the right ingredients. 

And yet strangely reminds me of someone ?

9 minutes ago, gwsampso said:

May have been mentioned but first I've heard.... source claims CP5 and family (namely mother) not entirely happy with club at the moment, specifically handling of finger injury, doctor appears to have not realized the seriousness of the issue, mother had to step in and then eventually rushing back into side...

I don't know why people take notice of such drivel, and you think this is why he is out of form at the moment.

9 minutes ago, stevethemanjordan said:

Watts or Sylvia? 

Trac embraces the limelight and wants to be the best. He has a killer instinct, he just needs to be shown the way. 

It will happen, he is a much different make up to the other two ^ 

He might have all the right ingredients...but he's working to a very ordinary recipe.

He seems to have neither the tank nor a grasp of the everyday work ethic required to put in 4/4 of 100% effort.

If he doesn't discover these he might as well be traded.

He indeed could be anything...but if you were to ask the broader footballing community who would rank among the most disappointing in 2018...i think CP would be right up there.

Needs to lift.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, chook fowler said:

3 problems with Trac

1. No tank so he runs out of gas early in a game

2. Can’t kick, especially set shots at goal which limits his use as a forward.

3. He has a big ego and tries to do too much and forgets the simple things.

I saw him at training back in mid May and I was disappointed. He seems to lack stamina and looked lazy in all the running drills. Was consistently last of every group. Whatever the reason he is currently not in the best 100 players in the competition. A week at Casey is required to focus his mind on where he is at in June 2018

• Like 2

Might needmore than a week OD

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gwsampso said:

Two step plan for Mrs Tracc then:

1. Stop feeding the kid so much
2. Shoot his stupid dog

The clubs handling of his finger injury was almost certainly a classic Melbourne medical mistake, but I care little for any players parents especially once the player has been in the system for a few years.

• Haha 2

53 minutes ago, DeeSpencer said:

Two step plan for Mrs Tracc then:

1. Stop feeding the kid so much
2. Shoot his stupid dog

The clubs handling of his finger injury was almost certainly a classic Melbourne medical mistake, but I care little for any players parents especially once the player has been in the system for a few years.

And it was also reported at the time that Trac didn't say anything to the club as soon as he got bitten, which means he allowed it to get to a stage where it was badly infected. 

Bottom line is, he is not producing what he should be. If it's due to injury, then why persist playing him. If it's due to form/attitude/ego/fitness, then he needs to go back to the VFL and regain all of the above. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, beelzebub said:

He might have all the right ingredients...but he's working to a very ordinary recipe.

He seems to have neither the tank nor a grasp of the everyday work ethic required to put in 4/4 of 100% effort.

If he doesn't discover these he might as well be traded.

He indeed could be anything...but if you were to ask the broader footballing community who would rank among the most disappointing in 2018...i think CP would be right up there.

Needs to lift.

I often wonder how Clarkson would develop him,  I don't see why we need to gift games to him,  let him tear p the game apart at Casey for as long as it takes, make him hungry.

26 minutes ago, shorty said:

I often wonder how Clarkson would develop him,  I don't see why we need to gift games to him,  let him tear p the game apart at Casey for as long as it takes, make him hungry.

Clarko would presevere with him in the Magoos....wouldnt have started him in the 1sts till was actually developed..is..had a tank...had the right mindset. Reputation means zilch with Alistair....you earn your spot.

Christian currently holding a golden ticket 

• Like 1

Petracca is not being gifted games, he's not in a rut...his stats hold up pretty well for someone who mainly plays half forward with the one exception. He could hit the scoreboard a bit more.

His biggest problem is expectation...

Everyone else's.

He's expected to be a superstar and he's not, he may never be but he's still contributing pretty well in my mind and will get a lot better.

Nothing is to be gained by playing him at Casey as he's not Sylvia or Watts mark 2.

Get over it everyone.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, rjay said:

Petracca is not being gifted games, he's not in a rut...his stats hold up pretty well for someone who mainly plays half forward with the one exception. He could hit the scoreboard a bit more.

Everyone else's.

He's expected to be a superstar and he's not, he may never be but he's still contributing pretty well in my mind and will get a lot better.

Nothing is to be gained by playing him at Casey as he's not Sylvia or Watts mark 2.

Get over it everyone.

His kicking is ordinary, he either tries to kick the air out of the ball and just bombs it constantly. He's not a very good shot at goal for a 'forward' either

24 minutes ago, rjay said:

Everyone else's.

Get over it everyone.

Hang on a minute, this kid is a top 2 draft pick, who has been telling anyone who will listen he is going to be the best player in the league from a very young age.He needs to accept that some of this expectation is his doing and hopefully it's not the death of him.. at the moment he is playing like a pick 50.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, old dee said:

I saw him at training back in mid May and I was disappointed. He seems to lack stamina and looked lazy in all the running drills. Was consistently last of every group. Whatever the reason he is currently not in the best 100 players in the competition. A week at Casey is required to focus his mind on where he is at in June 2018

2 hours ago, beelzebub said:

Might needmore than a week OD

51 minutes ago, beelzebub said:

Clarko would presevere with him in the Magoos....wouldnt have started him in the 1sts till was actually developed..is..had a tank...had the right mindset. Reputation means zilch with Alistair....you earn your spot.

Christian currently holding a golden ticket 

Goody has much to do if we are to make finals, let alone have an impact if we get there.   This one of many key issues to address.

If Goody does send him to the McGoos i sure hope he has a cunning plan in store!  At the moment i'm not sure Tracc even knows what or where he is supposed to be from one quarter to another.

Was progressing and tracking fine until bite gate and while not playing or regressing badly, appears to have stalled since.

Hogan a major step backwards the last 2 weeks needs to be addressed also.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, rjay said:

Everyone else's.

Get over it everyone.

Sylvia and Watts both had pretty good seasons as young players. They became Sylvia and Watts because the club had no standards and didn't develop them to reach their potential. If Petracca is giving his all at training and off field to be the best he can be then he will get better. And his first quarter on the weekend was indicative of a guy who knew he had more to give. If he's not quite getting it done at training and/or the coaches think an easy kill at Casey would get him some more touch then he should be dropped.

In the stats that matter for a guy playing half forward this year compared to (last year)

Disposals: 20.3  (18.8)
Goals: 0.8  (1.2)
Tackles: 2.7 (2.5)
Score Involvements: 6.2  (5.7)
Clangers: 3.8  (2.9)
Disposal efficiency: 66.5  (66.8)

Those numbers - and the eye test especially when he goes in to the midfield  - tell me that he hasn't improved his work rate and he hasn't improved his skill execution. 

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, SFebey said:

His kicking is ordinary, he either tries to kick the air out of the ball and just bombs it constantly. He's not a very good shot at goal for a 'forward' either

SF aside from Salem / Melk at times and Fritsch probably more consistently, can you name me a player or more (especially another who runs through mid field) who is capable of hitting targets fairly often? Or at least kick it to their favoured / fat side?

Some of our entries and work inside 50 by foot was abysmal on Friday night.  I think Big M was about the only one i can recall, aside from Jones to Gus (which should have bee  paid), who managed to show some poise and foot skills coming inside 50 when he found Smith.

Contrast this with T-Mac's set shot goal accuracy.

We need our mids to start kicking a few goals also.  This bombing business just plays into our opponent's hands and makes us too predictable / easy to defend.

Separation of key forwards would help also as we were doing when T-Mac first returned.  What the hec happened to the fluidity up forward we were having after the Bulldogs game?

• Like 2