Posting Unsubstantiated Rumours on this Website is Strictly Forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

GAMEDAY - Round 12

Looking forward to today's game. Im taking my boys (3 and 5 year old) and am planning to drive in to arrive outside the stadium by 2pm. Can anyone suggest a place to park that is not to far for the little tackers and easy access from the South as we are Bayside. I was thinking maybe the Olympic Park precint, is this a good idea? 

Been for a run and made the kids breakfast, about to hook into some bacon and eggs myself.

Real estate photographer coming around tomorrow morning as the house is going on the market...musn't leave celebratory empty tinnies lying all over the place this afternoon/evening.

Dees by seven goals.

Looking at the fixture i feel this is a really important game. Like, yeah we are due for a loss but next round pls?

Of the 11 games left, we play 4 bottom-6 sides, who we should beat.  That's 12 wins, and we'll need 15 at least (maybe 16) for top 4.

We also play:

- 3 top-5 sides, and 2 of those are interstate (WCE and Geelong). 

- 4 mid-tier sides, with 2 interstate (Adelaide and Port).

So we need to beat Collingwood, Sydney and GWS at the G if we want to be a top 4 chance. That allows us to lose all 4 interstate games, but we'd probably want to pinch one anyway.

Also Collingwood are playing well, so this is a real test. This is the only finals contender we play at a neutral ground  (i.e. neither team traveling) so will tell us a lot. 

If we win this, unless we have an unexpected late season fadeout (form, fitness, injuries, whatever) then I think we're capable of beating anyone, especially in Melbourne, which bodes well if we can hold a top 4 spot. Bigger game than I'd realised. 

• Like 4

Beautiful day outside, will go in early to hang with thousands of Dees fans in Fed Square and get around Neale and walk to The G.

I can`t remember the last time I was this excited about a game of footy.

Will be a hard fought game but we will get the job done today.

#whynotus

• Like 6

Viney has just been warming up in his first 3 games back. He wasn’t there R23 last year and can only imagine how pi$$ed off he was watching from the sidelines that day. 

Predicting a “Best On” performance today and hopefully seeing Neale hand him the trophy post match. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Rob Mac...... said:

Game stsrts at 10.20pm here. 

Looking forward with trepidation.  We’ve played some fabulously exciting footy the past 6 weeks, but it seemed all opponents were playing poorly!

Hopefully we forced them to be poor, but I’m still aprehensive what will happen when a good team really brings their best game against us!

Good question.  But I don't think the Pies are that 'good' team.  The teams they have won and lost to are very similar to ours but we have had better wins and not so bad losses.  If they are 'good' we are 'better'.  

Nonetheless, I share your trepidation - they will bring their best game and be really fired up to continue their rnd 23 effort.  But I think we will win if for no other reason that we now play 120 minutes and they don't.  And we have by far the better midfield! 

Go Dees!

Edited by Lucifer's Hero

I am a combination of nerves and excitement. I’m going to the footy with my Magpie husband and 14 other corporates who are also Pies supporters.

I cannot wait for game time. I’m pacing around watching the clock and trying to do some paperwork to pass the time.

I have been told that our big ruckman is very nervous about this game and doesn’t usually suffer from nerves. Hopefully he will move on, enjoy the occasion and slaughter Grundy and Cox in the ruck.

Dees by 28 points ❤️?

• Like 4

Richo cant slide due to the knife protuding from his back  and the  Wad of dollar bills in his back pocket

I truly believe in the current version of the Demons.  This feeling of 'true belief' has been a very rare acquaintance in recent years, but it is undeniable.  I'm both excited and anxious about today's game, but I'm quietly confident that we have Collingwood's measure in most areas, and especially in our 'never say die' attitude, which will get us across the line if all else fails.  Dees by 6 goals.

• Like 4

We will win this going away.

Last year the Pies were too hard and focused for us. Still had the soft underbelly.

Thanks to them and the Hawks this year, we have since learnt the art of being hard and focused. witness the Dogs game. They did the old "throw the kitchen sink at 'em and watch them wilt" trick. It only made us stronger.

DEMONS by 40+

GO DEMONS!!!

1 hour ago, Bitter but optimistic said:

Imagine going into the bye in second place with about as many wins as we usually cobble together in a season.

Tell me I'm not dreaming.

Get the maids Collingwood jumper out of the cupboard BBO. No escape for her tonight!!

We'll win this! I've dreamt it. 

Dees by 26

20 minutes ago, jane02 said:

I am a combination of nerves and excitement. I’m going to the footy with my Magpie husband and 14 other corporates who are also Pies supporters.

I cannot wait for game time. I’m pacing around watching the clock and trying to do some paperwork to pass the time.

I have been told that our big ruckman is very nervous about this game and doesn’t usually suffer from nerves. Hopefully he will move on, enjoy the occasion and slaughter Grundy and Cox in the ruck.

Dees by 28 points ❤️?

I hope you have a wonderful day hurling abuse and vitriol at that lot Jane.

BTW Jane, I'm guessing that "corporate" filth supporters can afford dental implants ( albeit of poor quality ). Check that out if you can. Although vomiting or spitting them out while  simultaneously gorging a hot dog and a classy Jim Beam may make it an easy task

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, jane02 said:

Is there anything as satisfying in such a situation, as to save up all their derogatory comments against the DEMONS, and then shout the same things ironically, as we surge to victory?

"You're not good enough Oscar" (as he outmarks Cox), "soft possession Hogan" (as he marks & kicks truly), get off our ground, it's their grand final, they're too fragile, send them to the VFL, etc.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Demonland Forums  

• Match Previews, Reports & Articles  

BINARY by Whispering Jack

This week Melbourne takes on Hawthorn hot on the heels of a six-day break after its encouraging response to a disappointing season opener in steamy Sydney. The Hawks were disappointingly wasteful last week, but they also failed to bring sufficient pressure into the contest and, as a consequence, the Bombers scored goals at will. Against the Demons, a repeat would be fatal. The Hawks are still in the rebuilding phase and need everything to go right against Melbourne which is gradually b

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 1

TRAINING: Tuesday 19th March 2024

Demonland Trackwatchers Kev Martin & Walking Civil War attended Tuesday morning's training session at Gosch's Paddock to bring you the following observations. KEV MARTIN'S TRAINING OBSERVATIONS Windy, even the Yarra has waves, warm and humid. They are doing plenty of warm ups, then a game of soccer, now run throughs. I think keeping it simple. May, ANB, Hore, Max. TMac, Billings, Sestan, on modified programs.  BBB, Spargs, Turner, McAdam (own program, talking to Whe

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Training Reports

DEE-RUBBING by George on the Outer

For the second week in a row, the Demons had to endure some particularly oppressive match conditions — this time, playing in 30 degree temperatures at the MCG, following the humid sticky Sydney atmosphere of last week.   The warmer conditions didn’t seem to worry the Dee’s since the ball was so much easier to handle, and handle it with surety they did in handing out a 45 point drubbing to the much fancied Western Bulldogs.   After a slow start that saw the Dogs out to

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Reports

PREGAME: Rd 02 vs Hawthorn

The Demons will return to the MCG next week to face the Hawks before 2 weeks on the road in Adelaide in the lead up to Gather Round. Who comes in and who goes out?

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 160

PODCAST: Rd 01 vs Western Bulldogs

The Demonland Podcast will air LIVE on Monday, 18th March @ 8:30pm. Join George, Binman & I as we analyse the Demons victory at the MCG over the Bulldogs in the Round 01. You questions and comments are a huge part of our podcast so please post anything you want to ask or say below and we'll give you a shout out on the show. If you would like to leave us a voicemail please call 03 9016 3666 and don't worry no body answers so you don't have to talk to a human. Listen & Chat

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 65

POSTGAME: Rd 01 vs Western Bulldogs

The Demons finally open their account in the 2024 Premiership Season with a 45 point win over the Western Bulldogs at the Home of Football the MCG.   

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 445

VOTES: Rd 01 vs Western Bulldogs

Last week Jack Viney polled the maximum number of votes to lead the Demonland Player of the Year Award. Steven May and rookie Blake Howes are equal second. Your votes for the win over the Bulldogs. 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1.

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 75

GAMEDAY: Rd 01 vs Western Bulldogs

On the back of a disappointing Opening Round loss to the Swans in Sydney the Demons return to the MCG today to take on the the Western Bulldogs in a bid to even the ledger early in the 2024 season.

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 467

TRAINING: Saturday 16th March 2023

Demonland Trackwatchers Kev Martin and Dee Zephyr wandered down to Gosch's Paddock on Saturday morning to bring you their observations from the Captain's Run in the lead up to Sunday's Round One match against the Bulldogs. KEV MARTIN'S CAPTAIN'S RUN OBSERVATIONS Rehab  is out early. A beautiful Saturday morning, though plenty of dew on the paddock  Verrall doing hard sprints along the boundary.  McAdam individual program and has started, ball work, change of direction drills,

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Training Reports
  • Tell a friend

Love Demonland? Tell a friend!

• Podcast 

• Podcast 

• Podcast Stream 

Open Stream in
    New Window
        TuneIn    Opens in New Tab
  • Support Demonland  

• 2021 Premiership  

• Social Media 

• Non MFC Games  

NON-MFC: Round 02

Discussion of all the other games that don't involve the Demons in Round 02 ... READ MORE

Demonland | Round 02

• Match Preview      

BINARY by Whispering Jack

This week Melbourne takes on Hawthorn hot on the heels of a six-day break after its encouraging response to a disappointing season opener in steamy Sydney ... READ MORE

Demonland | March 19

• Training  

Tuesday, 19th March 2024

Demonland Trackwatchers Kev Martin & Walking Civil War attended Tuesday morning's training session at Gosch's Paddock to bring you the following observations ... READ MORE

Demonland | March 19

• Latest Podcast      

PODCAST: Rd 01 vs Western Bulldogs

The boys analysed the dismantling of the Western Bulldogs praising the masterful performance of Clayton Oliver, the dominance of Max Gawn and the defence and rebound of Steven May ... LISTEN

Demonland | March 19

• Match Report      

DEE-RUBBING by George on the Outer

For the second week in a row, the Demons had to endure some particularly oppressive match conditions — this time, playing in 30 degree temperatures at the MCG, following the humid sticky Sydney atmosphere of last week ... READ MORE

Demonland | March 17

• Post Game      

POSTGAME: Round 01 vs Western Bulldogs

TThe Demons finally open their account in the 2024 Premiership Season with a 45 point win over the Western Bulldogs at the Home of Football the MCG ...READ MORE

Demonland | March 17

• Votes      

VOTES: Round 01 vs Western Bulldogs

Last week Jack Viney polled the maximum number of votes to lead the Demonland Player of the Year Award. Steven May and rookie Blake Howes are equal second. Your votes for the win over the Bulldogs. 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1 ...READ MORE

Demonland | March 17

• PreGame      

PREGAME: Rd 02 vs Hawthorn

The Demons will return to the MCG next week to face the Hawks before 2 weeks on the road in Adelaide in the lead up to Gather Round. Who comes in and who goes out? ...READ MORE

Demonland | March 19

• Game Day      

GAMEDAY: Round 01 vs Western Bulldogs

On the back of a disappointing Opening Round loss to the Swans in Sydney the Demons return to the MCG today to take on the the Western Bulldogs in a bid to even the ledger early in the 2024 season ... READ MORE

Demonland | March 17

• Training  

Saturday, 16th March 2024

Demonland Trackwatchers Kev Martin and Dee Zephyr wandered down to Gosch's Paddock on Saturday morning to bring you their observations from the Captain's Run in the lead up to Sunday's Round One match against the Bulldogs ... READ MORE

Demonland | March 16

• Training  

Monday, 11th March 2024

Demonland Trackwatcher Kev Martin braved the scorching heat on a public holiday to bring you the following observations from Training ...READ MORE

Demonland | March 11

• Preseason Training  

Saturday, 2nd March 2024

On the eve of the 2024 Season I ventured down to Gosch's Paddock for one of the final preseason training session before we head up to Sydney to take on the Swans. Here are my observations from the training session ... READ MORE

Demonland | March 02

• Special Feature  

SCRUTINY & RESILIENCE by Whispering Jack

If the week when preseason training melds into scratch matches with other clubs, is the first marker for the beginning of a new season, then this has certainly been a torrid opener for the Melbourne Football Club in its campaign to remain a leading AFL premiership contender in 2024 ... READ MORE

Demonland | February 24

• Farewell  

Angus Brayshaw Retires

After 167 games including the drought breaking Premiership Angus Brayshaw has made the heart breaking decision to medically retire from football as a result of a series of serious head knocks over his nearly decade of footy. We wish Gus all the best and he'll always be a hero at Demonland ... READ MORE

Demonland | February 22

• Latest Podcast  

PODCAST: Koltyn Tholstrup Interview

I interview the Melbourne Football Club’s newest recruit Koltyn Tholstrup to have a chat about his journey from the farm to the Demons, his first few weeks of preseason training, which Dees have impressed him on the track and his aspirations of playing Round 1 ... LISTEN

Demonland | December 14

• Latest Podcast  

PODCAST: Jason Taylor Interview

I interview the Melbourne Football Club's National Recruitment Manager Jason Taylor to have a chat about our Trade and Draft period, our newest recruits, our recent recruits who have yet to debut as well as those father son prospects on the horizon ... LISTEN

Demonland | November 27

• Next Match 

Round 02

vs   

Saturday 23rd March 2024
    @ 04:35pm (MCG)

• MFC Forum  

• Match Previews & Reports  

• Training Forum  

• AFLW Forum  

• 2024 Player Sponsorship

• Topics