Jump to content

  • Latest Podcast: Brad Green

Demonland

Match Preview and Team Selection - Round 12

Recommended Posts

9 minutes ago, Diamond_Jim said:

Hear what you say but I am firmly convinced that Smith when playing well provides a better balanced team in that he can do more on the ground than Pedersen and Weideman while still providing a marking target and relief ruck.

Pedersen deserves a go but I have been really impressed by what Smith brings to the table.

Our forward dynamics on Monday will be very interesting to watch.

I agree too, his fantasy scores the two weeks prior were ~100 both weeks, and then with the ankle/neck last week he was down at ~30 and dropped... Against Adelaide his aggression at the ball was Viney like. Hopefully Pedo can provide a similar role for us (if not Smith back in).

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, Wiseblood said:

I agree re: Smith - he has all the attributes to be a very handy foot soldier for us going forward, but it's also heartening to see that we have so many players in good form that one bad game can see you dropped back to Casey.  There are no free games for many players and we're seeing that now.

Agree, it would have been super easy to put Garlett in for the game in the Alice. But Goody and Co sent the right message on that day! Go dees!!!

Edited by DeezNuts

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm now working Monday. Still hoping if I finish by 1 I can get to the ground by 3ish. Trying to get a park at that time will be a killer. 

Will miss the pre game which is a shame. 

Don't think we would debut Petty. I think it might be a boost to his confidence and telling him he is doing what they require at Casey.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Gorgoroth said:

I'm now working Monday. Still hoping if I finish by 1 I can get to the ground by 3ish. Trying to get a park at that time will be a killer. 

Will miss the pre game which is a shame. 

Don't think we would debut Petty. I think it might be a boost to his confidence and telling him he is doing what they require at Casey.

I agree. I'm told he is from Adelaide so why not debut against Port over there and give his family and friends an armchair ride watching him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, DeeZee said:

I think it will be Pedo for Tim Smith and Joel Smith for Lever .

I feel there might be a third change being Stretch ,who’s form in the last two weeks has been hard to ignore , for either Hannan or Spargo or even Melksham if he doesn’t come up.

If Stretch gets a game before Jeffy or Hunt then we are compromising our structure.

Jeffy could Light up the G and kick 4 or 5 Tell me what Stretch brings to the team???

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, SFebey said:

Going by reports I thought Kielty would be before Petty, so either people reporting have been inaccurate or kick in guts to Kielty? Unsure whats going on TBH.

Dec has probably only had 1 really good game this season (when he was 2nd BOG v Port Melb) where Petty has been pretty consistent since the start of the year. And consistency is what the selectors look for. Hopefully, like last year, Dec finds some really great form in the second half of the season and manages to force himself into the seniors. If not he may struggle to find himself with another contract next season which is a big worry. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Critical game for us, win it an we stamp ourselves as the real McCoy, lose and we are back in the field.

We owe these pr1ck5, I want a 10 goal plus belting

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Rod Grinter Riot Squad said:

Critical game for us, win it an we stamp ourselves as the real McCoy, lose and we are back in the field.

We owe these pr1ck5, I want a 10 goal plus belting

Effing oath we owe this mob. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Told by a senior player tonight J Smith gets Lever’s role. Sounded like he knew rather than guessing. 

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, BigFez said:

Effing oath we owe this mob. 

This. If the players really have last year in the front of their mind, they will come out breathing fire. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well if revenge for missing the finals isn't enough, surely Goody will be mentioning that second spot is up for grabs on Monday.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Demon Disciple said:

Well if revenge for missing the finals isn't enough, surely Goody will be mentioning that second spot is up for grabs on Monday.

No he won't. He'll cook up something about "habits and behaviours" and leave it at that.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Chook said:

No he won't. He'll cook up something about "habits and behaviours" and leave it at that.

Ha, yes chook these are common themes from goody. Seem to be working though 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, BigFez said:

Effing oath we owe this mob. 

I’d say our boys owe the supporters after that dismal finale last year. In saying that, a lot of us were peeved with Dunn jumping around after the siren and celebrating like he just won the $50 mil Powerball jackpot.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, General Malaise said:

Told by a senior player tonight J Smith gets Lever’s role. Sounded like he knew rather than guessing. 

Way too direct. You’re suppose to tell us these things in an ambiguous nursery rhyme. 

Edited by Ethan Tremblay
  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Ethan Tremblay said:

Way too direct. You’re suppose to tell us these thing in an ambiguous nursery rhyme. 

There once was a crow turned a demon,
Who slipped and was out for the season.
So without a loose backman
We whined "Just our luck, man"
But we're fine cause we'll pick Joely Smith.

  • Like 6
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kinda shattered to be missing this game. First queen’s birthday match I’ve missed in over 10 years. Will be getting up early of course so I can watch it. 

This is the least confident I’ve felt about a match for a while. Surely the dream run will end eventually. Pies are in good form. They’ll be up for this game. I feel like after 6 great games we are due for a downer. Hope I’m wrong. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Ethan Tremblay said:

Way too direct. You’re suppose to tell us these things in an ambiguous nursery rhyme. 

Apols...

One has been told

By a player quite old

That the handle one pulls

Not the one called the bull

Will be replaced in a plan

By the son of the man

Who once took to flying

On the shoulders of Lyon

  • Like 15
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 2
  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Jaded said:

Kinda shattered to be missing this game. First queen’s birthday match I’ve missed in over 10 years. Will be getting up early of course so I can watch it. 

This is the least confident I’ve felt about a match for a while. Surely the dream run will end eventually. Pies are in good form. They’ll be up for this game. I feel like after 6 great games we are due for a downer. Hope I’m wrong. 

Yeah. After years of Melbourne  either promising much then disappointing or just being [censored] it's hard to get the cynical head around the fact that, finally, we have a decent team to support. 

I'm starting to believe and reckon we'll do the filth comfortably.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, General Malaise said:

Apols...

One has been told

By a player quite old

That the handle one pulls

Not the one called the bull

Will be replaced in a plan

By the son of the man

Who once took to flying

On the shoulders of Lyon

Brilliant 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, General Malaise said:

Apols...

One has been told

By a player quite old

That the handle one pulls

Not the one called the bull

Will be replaced in a plan

By the son of the man

Who once took to flying

On the shoulders of Lyon

So, why didn't you say that in the first place!  

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Vagg said:

So, why didn't you say that in the first place!  

I’d temporarily misplaced my veil of secrecy. Found it in the washing basket this morning.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, General Malaise said:

I’d temporarily misplaced my veil of secrecy. Found it in the washing basket this morning.

Better late than never!  Nice recovery!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Diamond_Jim said:

Interesting that Goodwin has now confirmed that Tim Smith has been dropped on form....

While Smith had been battling a neck complaint and also had a sore ankle, Goodwin said the competition for spots meant a change needed to be made.

"It's probably form," he said.

"We felt last week that he lacked a bit of impact, but we've also seen what he can produce as well. It's really competitive for spots. We've got some guys at VFL level who are really pressing for selection and that's a great thing for our footy club."

https://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-06-08/dees-set-to-unleash-teen-against-pies

I think it's stuff to list him as omitted though. He was cleaned up with an illegal bump to the back and struggled with neck spasms. Played out the game but with limited output.  Surely the injury contributed to that output and he wouldn't have been dropped based on the previous two weeks form. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×