Jump to content

  • Podcast Tonight @ 8:30pm


Billy

Give us some credit! (Media reaction merged thread)

Recommended Posts

Yes I smell the fear as well. But yes its notice to be noticed again, whether good or bad.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

While our last month of footy has been exceptional for us to watch, I still feel like we haven't beaten a full strength up and running team. I know Adelaide are last years grand final runner ups but severely injury depleted.  Id love to come up against North or Wet Toast right now to see how the boys handle a team that has just as much confidence as we do.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

They've all got the TALL ruckman yips, and i think this is the standout difference, to be honest because they tried the "within the rules fend off" and Max just changed his tack, and then it was supposed to be fall over in front of him on Sunday. That didn't work. Particularly on Sunday with the top two Umpires doing the game. Next it will be , around the ground mano on mano, but poor Max will be fair game. We only had to look at the CLEAN feed off on Sunday to our on ballers, especially to Brayshaw and Jones. That's what has scared them..... 

Edited by willmoy
spelling

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, willmoy said:

They've all got the TALL ruckman yips, and i think this is the standout difference, to be honest because they tried the "within the rules fend off" and Max just changed his tack, and then it was supposed to be fall over in front of him on Sunday. That didn't work. Particularly on Sunday with the to two Umpires doing the game. Next it will be , around the ground mano on mano, but poor Max will be fair game. We only had to look at the CLEAN feed off on Sunday to our on ballers, especially to Brayshaw and Jones. That's what has scared them..... 

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I could've sworn at some point on the weekend a Crows player elected to bump Maxy instead of playing the ball. The result was a head clash which knocked Max down, but could have been much, much worse. No free kick, no mention of the incident from the MRC.

Did I see that incident correctly? I don't have access to a replay unfortunately.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, AzzKikA said:

While our last month of footy has been exceptional for us to watch, I still feel like we haven't beaten a full strength up and running team. I know Adelaide are last years grand final runner ups but severely injury depleted.  Id love to come up against North or Wet Toast right now to see how the boys handle a team that has just as much confidence as we do.

I think Adelaide being "severely injury depleted" isn't quite right. They've got injuries and to some important players. But not that many. I think the media is overstating the impact injuries had on Adelaide and (with some exceptions) have been understating how poor Adelaide's team of uninjured players actually played.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also with success comes the inevitable backlash and the haters as well.

Id rather that than being pitied.

It just gives us extra fuel to prove them wrong, which is a good thing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, DeeZee said:

Also with success comes the inevitable backlash and the haters as well.

Id rather that than being pitied.

It just gives us extra fuel to prove them wrong, which is a good thing.

I prefer the hate over the laughs. It means we're heading in the right direction. 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, La Dee-vina Comedia said:

I think Adelaide being "severely injury depleted" isn't quite right. They've got injuries and to some important players. But not that many. I think the media is overstating the impact injuries had on Adelaide and (with some exceptions) have been understating how poor Adelaide's team of uninjured players actually played.  

Yeah i get that, no tex no sloan is like us having no jones and no hogan. Our lesser knowns have certainly stepped up, nibbler & chompers to name 2. If i do look into their injury list it certainly looks like they aren't that terribly effect so lets remove "severely injury depleted" and replace it with lost a few good players.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Dees2014 said:

Yes let our performance absolutely do the talking. Let us to continue to scare them by our performance on the field. 

However, I think we are missing what scares them. If you listen to the folks from champion data they say what the Demons are doing is quite unprecedented in term of their KRAs. 

They cannot reconcile how they might respond. 

The other thing the media companies are doing is to say games which are very onesided is leading to lower television ratings. 

Guess who is the biggest culprit?

 

 

Of course the TV ratings are down, look who is playing Friday nights, Carlton, bulldogs, and saints  all have 2 to 5 Friday night games each, the AFL played favorites with the draw and lost big time

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How long can this last it could last all year we did have a slow start, we could be like Carlton of 1995, or essendon of 2000, both played excellent football for 95 % of the season, or Geelong of 2007, beat dogs and collingwood in next 2 games and we will make top 4.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Stretch Johnson said:

I'm OK winning the whole thing by stealth. 

Leaving the comp wondering how the [censored] did that happen?

This ^

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Billy said:

Whispy Watson, Terry Wallace & Wayne Carey refuse to give us any credit.

Plough said the big winners over the weekend were the Kangaroos & Eagles & completely fresh aired us.

And as for Carey, doesn’t trust us, said it was the worst Adelaide have played for 3 years & still said we haven’t played anyone 

Still a long way to go in 2018 & have a lot to prove but these big headed media ex footballers need to get there heads out of their arses & acknowledge 5 in a row & not far from the most quarters won in history 

Carey sounds like he has MFCSS. Who did he barrack for in nappies? [censored] Adelaide by 91 and still not good enough? What a dullard

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Didn't Bernie smash the bejesus out of Sloane and eliminate his impact on the game in a previous encounter? We may have won by more had he played.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Clearly Goodwins plan is to build an impenetrable unassailable redoubt of percentage - think guns of Navarone x 1000000 - then lose the expected ones - think WCE etc - maybe one were expected to win - cone into finals under cloud then sweep all before us by winning every final by 90 points

Bravo sir

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, AzzKikA said:

While our last month of footy has been exceptional for us to watch, I still feel like we haven't beaten a full strength up and running team. I know Adelaide are last years grand final runner ups but severely injury depleted.  Id love to come up against North or Wet Toast right now to see how the boys handle a team that has just as much confidence as we do.

I understand that we may not have seen how our team will truly play against the best yet, but ultimately I don’t think this will matter until finals. As it stands we’ve beaten 2 teams in the 8 and lost to 1, that’s pretty good. 

I think making finals this season will come down to who can be the most consistent against lesser sides. It’s an incredibly even year and Brisbane, Gold Coast, St Kilda, Bulldogs, Essendon, GWS will all upset teams at some stage. We’ve done well to beat most of the potential bottom six teams to this point and to beat them well. Smash the bullies this week and we will be perfectly placed.

I know I’ve said this before but we missed finals last year through losing to teams we should beat (North x 2, Freo, Collingwood, Hawthorn) we performed ok against teams inside the 8 beating Adelaide (x1), Port, Essendon and West Coast. We were also super competitive against Richmond and Geelong.

This week is our true big test. Smash the bullies and put ourselves ahead of the pack. It’s great watching us play at the moment and I’m loving it, almost enough to trust us (years of MFCSS are still nagging). Get the win and then we can prove our finals credentials against the flith and power.

  • Like 1
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, deejammin' said:

I understand that we may not have seen how our team will truly play against the best yet, but ultimately I don’t think this will matter until finals. As it stands we’ve beaten 2 teams in the 8 and lost to 1, that’s pretty good. 

I think making finals this season will come down to who can be the most consistent against lesser sides. It’s an incredibly even year and Brisbane, Gold Coast, St Kilda, Bulldogs, Essendon, GWS will all upset teams at some stage. We’ve done well to beat most of the potential bottom six teams to this point and to beat them well. Smash the bullies this week and we will be perfectly placed.

I know I’ve said this before but we missed finals last year through losing to teams we should beat (North x 2, Freo, Collingwood, Hawthorn) we performed ok against teams inside the 8 beating Adelaide (x1), Port, Essendon and West Coast. We were also super competitive against Richmond and Geelong.

This week is our true big test. Smash the bullies and put ourselves ahead of the pack. It’s great watching us play at the moment and I’m loving it, almost enough to trust us (years of MFCSS are still nagging). Get the win and then we can prove our finals credentials against the flith and power.

This. Expectations management. Smash the teams we are supposed (on track), beat some not expected to (mixed but yes). If we can smash dogs and pies I think the real test is port @ AA and swans at G. Maybe cats at category too. Weagles. Big markers. 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, timbo said:

Clearly Goodwins plan is to build an impenetrable unassailable redoubt of percentage - think guns of Navarone x 1000000 - then lose the expected ones - think WCE etc - maybe one were expected to win - cone into finals under cloud then sweep all before us by winning every final by 90 points

Bravo sir

The old Trojan Horse game plan. Sneak in unnoticed and destroy the competition from the inside.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, timbo said:

This. Expectations management. Smash the teams we are supposed (on track), beat some not expected to (mixed but yes). If we can smash dogs and pies I think the real test is port @ AA and swans at G. Maybe cats at category too. Weagles. Big markers. 

 

Exactly, losing tight tussles against fellow top 4 contenders won’t hurt badly if we win against those outside the 8 and below us. We don’t need to beat our fellow contenders until it matters. Richmond and the Bulldogs weren’t perfect against the ladder leaders in their premiership, didn’t matter in the end. I just want us to get to the finals before we talk about winning premierships.

Edited by deejammin'

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

May as well put my Demons beanie on at the GC airport just to let everyone know what's what

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, deejammin' said:

Exactly, losing tight tussles against fellow top 4 contenders won’t hurt badly if we win against those outside the 8 and below us. We don’t need to beat our fellow contenders until it matters. Richmond and the Bulldogs weren’t perfect against the ladder leaders in their premiership, didn’t matter in the end. I just want us to get to the finals before we care about winning premierships.

Yar. Beating 9-18 by lots is 4-6 pt game. Jusssst losing to top 4-6 is -2 pts. Beating top 4 is worth +6. I literally just made that up and it makes no sense so please enjoy

This has been another nonsensical post by tim brought to you by our station sponsors Sapporo 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't think we'll get any media respect until we make the finals and perhaps win a final.

Fans of other clubs are always going to hate on us for having any success particularly if it's at the expense of their own teams. Who cares about them anyway.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

did anyone notice a hun headline yesterday - "BOURNE SUPREMACY"

and another one  - "DEE'S WONDERLAND IN ALICE"

i'm liking it 😈

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don't think many of us supporters are getting ahead of ourselves, just like the players aren't. The media on the other hand.......yet if we happened to lose on Saturday they would be off quicker than out of date milk.

I'm just enjoying the fact we have a good team that has potential to be great. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Clintosaurus said:

Don't think many of us supporters are getting ahead of ourselves, just like the players aren't. The media on the other hand.......yet if we happened to lose on Saturday they would be off quicker than out of date milk.

I'm just enjoying the fact we have a good team that has potential to be great. 

If we do lose this week against the Bullies (and I don't think we will) methinks there will be a few threads on here entitled, "We're not as good as we think we are".

Edited by pewpewpew

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Clintosaurus said:

Don't think many of us supporters are getting ahead of ourselves, just like the players aren't. The media on the other hand.......yet if we happened to lose on Saturday they would be off quicker than out of date milk.

I'm just enjoying the fact we have a good team that has potential to be great. 

Absolutely.

We should not care about the media or what supporters from other clubs think or say.

This is about our club and our supporters.

It is about how we feel.

It is for us to enjoy.

We are already feeling pride in our club. Its a good feeling. 

We don't need anyone else telling us how they feel or what they are think. 

We need to enjoy our success and manage our expectations because just as night follows day, we will have our disappointments. 

Its about adding a new chapter to the history of this great club, the oldest club going around.

Its about giving this club new life and future success when some of us will be looking down from red and blue heaven. 

My goodness, we have all walked through the Valley of Death, and it has taken many years to walk to the light of the new horizon. 

Future success will spawn a whole generation of young supporters who will be as passionate as we are.

We want supporters to feel pride in their club, a sense of expectation each week, and be able to dream of the ultimate prize. 

We have restored faith and new hope that the future is bright.

Its exciting.

The holy grail is now possible. 

However, its a fragile thing and needs to be appreciated here and now.  

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×