• Podcast Tonight @ 8:30pm

Sign in to follow this  
Harrisonrules

Blues Free Football

Love watching Carlton’s version of Groundhog Day, unable to find a way out of the endless wilderness. Hope it continues for evermore.

Like others, I can’t forget their arrogance when they seemed to play finals throughout  the 70’s and 80’s, mainly due to the money they could throw at SA and WA stars. Just the name John Elliot still grates.  Their predicament makes you wonder if there is such a thing as karma.

• Like 1

The Judd era in Carlton was a mediocre at best, yet they ran around acting like they were champions.

Did they even win a final in that era?   They were the epitome of bruise free footy when September rolled around.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Petraccattack said:

The Judd era in Carlton was a mediocre at best, yet they ran around acting like they were champions.

Did they even win a final in that era?   They were the epitome of bruise free footy when September rolled around.

They beat Richmond from 9th position...

Hope the Blues didn't lure us into a false sense of achievement. Were were pretty good but were reasonably sloppy at times. The opposition were pretty damn dreadful, and were were able to capitalise on their under age level mistakes.

Adelaide won't make as many mistakes, and will be much better organised.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Last mention in this thread...

I was at the bruise free game with a partner of mine at the time.

She wasn't an Aussie or from an English speaking background so her remarks stung a lot....

'It's the Carlton show...'

'They aren't even trying'

18 hours ago, KC from Casey said:

Some more memories about the Blues -

That 4th win we had against them in 1988 to which Sandy refers - the prelim, out at Waverly is one game that is implanted firmly into my childhood memories.

22 hours ago, Demonland said:

I wish Mitch Robinson was still playing for them and then we could get some payback for that comment. 

Mitch who?

Oh, you mean that useless has been/never was, the one that was rejected by the team presently bottom of the ladder and now player for an AFL backwater who presently only sit above Carlsum by the smallest of %.  - Payback enough.

It's one thing for supporters of opposition teams to have a sledge like that post game, but gee it comes across as arrogant and ungracious for a present day player to make the statement he did.

Even the Carlton Website didn't think they'd be in with a chance at halftime. Check out the 'Geelong by x' in the description to the article from their website.

• Haha 2