• Latest Podcast: Josh Mahoney Interview

Demons11

WELCOME TO THE MELBOURNE FOOTBALL CLUB - AUSTIN BRADTKE

14 minutes ago, MFC-11 said:

OK, I'll start the nick-naming question, in order of priority.

1/ Aussie

2/ Powers (yeah baby!)

3/ Bradders

G-Raff

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, MFC-11 said:

OK, I'll start the nick-naming question, in order of priority.

1/ Aussie

2/ Powers (yeah baby!)

3/ Bradders

Option 2 thanks, on face value seems like a great get.

• Like 1

Pardon my ignorance but can someone clarify what exactly is the status of a cat B rookie?

Are they totally ours or do they still need to go through the draft in some way?

3 hours ago, monoccular said:

Pardon my ignorance but can someone clarify what exactly is the status of a cat B rookie?

Are they totally ours or do they still need to go through the draft in some way?

Totes ours but we get to pay them f all while we see if they can make senior list.

People who haven’t played any footy for 3 years, otherwise they have to go to the draft.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, Nasher said:

I often wonder what happens behind the scenes with these multi-sport talents - especially the basketballers, when they’ve chosen the other sport, then suddenly rock up at Cat B rookies in the AFL. 

Given that there’s daylight between the career prestige and cash between the NBA and the AFL, you would owe it to yourself to have a crack at the former first and fall back to the latter when it was obvious it was not going to happen.

A bit like moderating I guess !

Seventeen years old and half a head shorter than his Father.  Can we expect a late growth spurt from him?  Not that he really needs it, but it would be an added bonus if he wound up his Dad's size and build. 

• Shocked 1

15 hours ago, ProDee said:

He turns 18 in May, so he's either turned 18 or will in the next week, which means he's roughly 18 months younger than Filipovic.

I'd say he'd be aware of a looming threat.

He turns 18 on Sunday

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, puntkick said:

A bit like moderating I guess !

😘

Might see him in the red and blue in 2024. 

Or not.

Either way good pick up and the best (cheapest) way to get ruckmen ie on the slow burn as rookies.

His dad is about 11 hundred feet tall and played at 120 kgs.  Imagine that physical presence, either forward or in the middle?  Sheesh!  That is not Brendan Fevola 120 kgs (stuffing hamburgers into his cheeks like a starving Hamster in a nut factory), but athletic size and genuine build. Keen to see how he develops in our system

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Austin has a younger brother (Jensen) who is 14 years old. If he is any good at football it’s about time he concentrated on basketball for a few years. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

47 minutes ago, FarNorthernD said:

Austin has a younger brother (Jensen) who is 14 years old. If he is any good at football it’s about time he concentrated on basketball for a few years. 

Good idea.

IF he turned out like Mason Cox we would all  be very excited.

Wans't he plucked from US basketball?

I watched this kid do some ball work with Daniel Cross the other week and when it came to the kicking, he was kicking low flat 30m bullets straight onto Crossy.. not only was his kicking hitting targets with ease, but he had such a fluent kicking action. They did one drill where he would have his back towards Cross and then whistle would blow and he would spin around and nail a 30m kick each time. Dont remember him missing a target at all.

I know he's years away from being AFL ready, but he's definitely got the right tool set to succeed if he wants it.

Very bullish,  but quietly reckon we have a good prospect on our hands.

• Like 11
  • Love 2
  • Haha 1