Discussion on recent allegations about the use of illicit drugs in football is forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

MATCH PREVIEW AND TEAM SELECTION - Round 10

Demonland

1 hour ago, Wiseblood said:

I'm a Hunt fan but it's his fault that he's rotting in the two's.  He has been average at best since midway through last season.

There is an extremely good reason why this has occurred....so temper your criticism & I am sure the club..player & medical staff will get this right.   Sometimes certain ailments are not obvious!! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Deestar9 said:

There is an extremely good reason why this has occurred....so temper your criticism & I am sure the club..player & medical staff will get this right.   Sometimes certain ailments are not obvious!! 

Temper my criticism?  Care to enlighten us as to what this 'ailment' is?

What I said is not criticism, it's fact.  His form has been very average for a while now, which is why he is plying his trade at Casey.  I'm not having a go, that's just the truth.

• Like 2

I have no doubt that we can win of course but with such a soft month of footy - I have seen smarter and more mature footy teams than ours take a quarter to understand they need to lift a gear...

How quickly do they get out of that gear? Will we stall? Will the transmission fall out?

(That happened to my 1988 Volvo 240 GL...)

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Wiseblood said:

What I said is not criticism, it's fact.  His form has been very average for a while now, which is why he is plying his trade at Casey.  I'm not having a go, that's just the truth.

I could be wrong but I believe Deestar took exception to the bit where you said it was "Jayden’s fault he was rotting in the twos". I have no more information than you but perhaps his rapid form decline is due to circumstances outside his control?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, FarNorthernD said:

I could be wrong but I believe Deestar took exception to the bit where you said it was "Jayden’s fault he was rotting in the twos". I have no more information than you but perhaps his rapid form decline is due to circumstances outside his control?

He referenced the 'medical staff' getting it right.  If the bloke has an injury, he shouldn't be playing.  That's if Deestar actually knows what he's talking about.

My point re: it being on Jayden for being in the twos is still a valid point.  It's also down to increased depth, but it's also on him as well.

I think wisdom will prevail in the end and TMac will be rested even if he feels cherry ripe on Sunday morning. 

The fact that Cam Pedersen starred last week for Casey AND can fill in well in the ruck to give Max Gawn plenty of rest time during the game if required is a compelling reason why this should happen.

• Like 7

3 hours ago, Rod Grinter Riot Squad said:

Spargo has been very good, but may be replaced by Garlett as a like for like to give Charlie a break, remember, that is what they did with Fritsch earlier in the year.

I'd like to see against the Doggies, all 3 smalls in, Melky, Garlett and Spargo.   A real quick side, Pre the Q/B game.

So rest Spargs this week, for Garlo.   Then return Spargs,,, either for Dogs, Or the Pies.

• Like 1

I’m happy for almost all players being rested at some point given the depth and current lack of injuries. TMAC->Pedo, sure no probs! Spargo->Garlo, why not?!

As long as we’re selecting for our opponents, and selecting for a sustainable season, I say do it and let everyone (who have earned it) get a lick of the icecream.

??

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Diamond_Jim said:

Just one win out of 8 games in the Northern Territory.. batting average certainly needs to improve .

7 hours ago, Rod Grinter Riot Squad said:

True, but until last year, we didn’t win much full stop.

We play Docklands well now, not long ago we lost over 20games straight there

No, it's not true. We've won two games in the Territory in just the past two years.

• Like 1

In -    Garlett, Pedersen

Out -  Spargo (rest), T McDonald (injured)

Would go with those changes..  obviously prefer T Mac plays but surely he wont be risked.

Edited by Petraccattack

23 minutes ago, Petraccattack said:

In -    Garlett, Pedersen

Out -  Spargo (rest), T McDonald (injured)

Would go with those changes..  obviously prefer T Mac plays but surely he wont be risked.

I'm going to repeat myself here, but why does Spargo need a rest?  He's only played a month of AFL footy, has run out all the games he's played and had a positive impact.  

The FD might know better through the week with training and recovery, but as supporters I can't see how we can come to the conclusion that the bloke needs a rest.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Wiseblood said:

I'm going to repeat myself here, but why does Spargo need a rest?  He's only played a month of AFL footy, has run out all the games he's played and had a positive impact.  

The FD might know better through the week with training and recovery, but as supporters I can't see how we can come to the conclusion that the bloke needs a rest.

I agree that us supporters know less than the FD (surely not!) but just because a young player is playing well and hasn't looked exhausted yet doesn't mean it might be wise to rest him before he runs out of steam.   

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Rod Grinter Riot Squad said:

Spargo has been very good, but may be replaced by Garlett as a like for like to give Charlie a break, remember, that is what they did with Fritsch earlier in the year.

A break is pretty important for a longer-term yet new player - I'd doubt that his recovery from games would be as conditioned as that of more senior players - this recovery interval is only developed over several years and rather than experience a lag in performance why not allow that extra time to get that sharpness that he can deliver? I would really love to see Sparky Spargo hot to trot for the Collingwood game - he will burn them on the day. Garlett, in comparison, has been given a big message and must apply more fwd defensive pressure than he had more recently. His pace and sneaky goal sense will be important on a bouncey field like there is in the Alice, and with the Crows' backline tendency to move out of the hot zone as the ball approaches. I'd be thinking Hannan off the bench in this role would be more than handy, as well. 

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Whispering_Jack said:

I think wisdom will prevail in the end and TMac will be rested even if he feels cherry ripe on Sunday morning. 

The fact that Cam Pedersen starred last week for Casey AND can fill in well in the ruck to give Max Gawn plenty of rest time during the game if required is a compelling reason why this should happen.

Pedo has always been a great kick for goal and it must be remembered that he is more mobile than ever, just now. His fitness is better now than it ever has been for us. He has sacrificed 'an abundance of nourishment' for a leaner and meaner contribution. His form at Casey in the past month has been staggering and the key to this output has been his marking and ability to split a pack. Pedo will be a very good inclusion against the Crows' team (and it must be considered that 'targets' such a TMac - who will play, Hogan, Fritch, a resting Gawn and the crumbers will be there to support him and will be supported by him, strongly, as well). The way we are now moving the ball, there will not be excessive congestion playing the extra tall in Pedo this weekend. 

• Like 1

We are favourites for the 5th game in a row, now into $1.75

Would love to see a stat for the last time we won 5 games in a row as favourites

Edited by Petraccattack
  • Shocked 1

3 hours ago, sue said:

I agree that us supporters know less than the FD (surely not!) but just because a young player is playing well and hasn't looked exhausted yet doesn't mean it might be wise to rest him before he runs out of steam.   

He lifted his rating / output off a pretty low base the week before, from which he would more likely to have been rested... but wasn't. Jeffrey doesn't appear to have put in a door knocking performance so far either.

Spargo more than likely retained.

3 hours ago, Petraccattack said:

Would love to see a stat for the last time we won 5 games in a row as favourites

According to Sportsbet we’re already favourites for Bulldogs and Collingwood games as well (not surprisingly). 

3 hours ago, Petraccattack said:

Adelaide were favourites early in the week but all the money has been for us.  There must be a long of non-Melbourne supporters punting on us.  We would of course know better than to bet on Melbourne in an NT game.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Wiseblood said:

Re-read my post .......I am aware that if we aren’t told the reason then a player is fair game for criticism....I will not repeat what I know as it’s not my information to pass on ....however there is an extremely good reason & has nothing to do  with Jayden ‘s application or desire for the footy & that is all I will say on the matter !

• Like 1

I think the entire footy world has forgotten how good Adelaide are, despite missing a few best 22.

Only 4 weeks ago they beat Sydney in Sydney with an even more depleted side than the one they're putting out Sunday.

80% of the media has gone for us which is incredible. 

Would be one of the great wins of recent years if we get it done this week.

• Like 5