• Latest Podcast: Brad Green

Sign in to follow this  
McQueen

Grand Final Seating Guarantee

So I'm thinking of forking out $229 (early bird still on offer) to ensure a seat if we do in fact make it to the big dance. Last year I waited until the North game in Tassie when we capitulated to make a call. This year, I think there'll be enough of a body of evidence come the bye to gauge from - maybe even wait for the Port game although I'm not sure of the cut-off date.

I think the guarantee has doubled in price this year which is unfortunate but completely logical as the teams performance continues to improve.

For those like me that don't have a top tier package with a GF seat included, are you thinking the same/similar approach? It's either this option or shell out ~$1300 come September if there's any seats available.

Cheers

I've never purchased my reserved seat because of the guaranteed Grand Final ticket. I buy it for the reserved seat. I've only got to use the guaranteed GF ticket once in 21 years. Not a great return on investment. 

16 minutes ago, McQueen said:

So I'm thinking of forking out $229 (early bird still on offer) to ensure a seat if we do in fact make it to the big dance. Last year I waited until the North game in Tassie when we capitulated to make a call. This year, I think there'll be enough of a body of evidence come the bye to gauge from - maybe even wait for the Port game although I'm not sure of the cut-off date.

I think the guarantee has doubled in price this year which is unfortunate but completely logical as the teams performance continues to improve.

For those like me that don't have a top tier package with a GF seat included, are you thinking the same/similar approach? It's either this option or shell out ~$1300 come September if there's any seats available.

Cheers

Settle...

It wasn’t you who was behind the early crow and sent out “How to buy finals tickets” last year Mcqueen ? Let’s not get too far ahead of ourselves. If we’re sitting 11-4 at round 15 with a few wins against quality maybe then 

13 minutes ago, Demonland said:

I've never purchased my reserved seat because of the guaranteed Grand Final ticket. I buy it for the reserved seat. I've only got to use the guaranteed GF ticket once in 21 years. Not a great return on investment. 

So that’s the catch 22 though isn’t it. It’s essentially a queuing system that when the teams thereabouts you need to pay for the opportunity before others do.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JV7 said:

Settle...

It wasn’t you who was behind the early crow and sent out “How to buy finals tickets” last year Mcqueen ? Let’s not get too far ahead of ourselves. If we’re sitting 11-4 at round 15 with a few wins against quality maybe then 

No, by memory that was @Sir Why You Little. 🤣

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, McQueen said:

So that’s the catch 22 though isn’t it. It’s essentially a queuing system that when the teams thereabouts you need to pay for the opportunity before others do.

Each club only has so many tickets allocated - you better get in before those evil corporate customers, they will pay the price in an instant. 

But wait a second those “evil” corporates pay year in year out irrespective of what teams are in the grand final. You could make more money on your corporates than your whole membership put together- shame on you AFL clubs 😀

So you don't get your money back if we don't make it