• Latest Podcast: Round 09 vs Carlton

davejemmolly

The Curnow Brothers at the Tribunal

39 minutes ago, Wiseblood said:

Ed will get a week, Charlie just a fine.

I think Charlie’s is worse. Trying to stop an umpire coming in to bark orders. Doesn’t look good. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Bates Mate said:

No way Charlie should go for that.Ed maybe but i think both are ok2

Why shouldn’t he go??? He pulled the umpire back.  Regardless how soft, you can’t touch an umpire on purpose 

Posted (edited)

Last round Ed 24 disposals, 2.1 goals, 13 tackles, 147 AF points, 1 maggot molest. We won’t miss him.

Edited by america de cali

Posted (edited)

Slobbo just said he should get a week which means he wont. Personally Charlie shouldnt, nothing in it.

Edited by Jibroni

1 minute ago, Jibroni said:

Slobbo just said he should get a week which means he wont. Personally Charlie shouldnt, nothing in it.

You may be right but charlies is worse than eds. If Hawkins gets a week then so should they. Personally I don't think there is anything in these incidents but rules are rules.

• Like 1

I really don't see a huge difference between these and the Hawkins case.

May has obviously pointed out that he was demonstrating to the umpire and had a reason for touching him with little force.

What are both Ed and Charlie's reasoning? Neither were accidental. They were both moving the umpire out of their space. I really think both should get a week if the AFL want to be consistent with this one. They have a chance to do so.

• Like 7

1 minute ago, mongrel said:

I really don't see a huge difference between these and the Hawkins case.

May has obviously pointed out that he was demonstrating to the umpire and had a reason for touching him with little force.

What are both Ed and Charlie's reasoning? Neither were accidental. They were both moving the umpire out of their space. I really think both should get a week if the AFL want to be consistent with this one. They have a chance to do so.

Spot on. 

Whats with all the players touching umpires lately?  They need to send a message and suspend them both.

• Like 1

If the AFL are so pedantic with players' touching umpires, then it also needs to go the other way as well. Umps shouldn't touch player's either.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Demon Disciple said:

If the AFL are so pedantic with players' touching umpires, then it also needs to go the other way as well. Umps shouldn't touch player's either.

Or give ridiculous free kicks against them.

• Like 2

They showed the full footage on 360 and tbh seeing it in it’s full I think both will cop a week.

• Like 3

I noticed the odds went from 1.22 to 1.16 for the dees this weekend. 

Have these two been ruled out? 

30 minutes ago, Gorgoroth said:

They showed the full footage on 360 and tbh seeing it in it’s full I think both will cop a week.

Yes agree, there was a lot more in the Charlie one shown from the Afl 360 footage then was seen in the original footage. I suspect we'll have a Curnow free game next sunday.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Demonland said:

When is the tribunal sitting?

Tomorrow night.

56 minutes ago, Petraccattack said:

Whats with all the players touching umpires lately?  They need to send a message and suspend them both.

If they don’t they’re devaluing the offence, causing unnecessary confusion and leaving themselves wide open for being accused of introducing  yet another kangaroo court. 

Surely they don’t want that.

• Like 1

Regardless of what they should get, Gill wets his pants watching the Curnows light up the G. He'll want them to play: "To hell with the tribunal"

They had the MRP guy on the news talking about this.  He said the force is irrelevant and the only thing they look at is whether it was deliberate or careless.  May got off because they decided he was careless.  Both Curnows look to have done it deliberately, so they will probably be done for a week each. 

• Like 3

Just saw the extra footage and different angle of the Charlie Curnow incident and I reckon he’s definitely gone. He seems to touch the umpire twice.

Ed’s looks about on par with the Hawkins incident so have to be a week for him as well.

• Like 2

Footy is becoming a joke if these two get suspended - along with the Hawkins one. No malice or aggression in either one. 

You don’t gain respect by ruling with an iron fist. Look at rugby and soccer where the players have a lot more respect for umpires. They can touch a guy on the arm, no big deal. 

Afl treating the players like school kids as usual

The AFL are so compromised. These two imbeciles didn't just touch the Umpires (sacrosanct, dominus vobiscum), they pushed the Umpires. Phil Carmen would be saying , join the club you blokes.

Just on a side issue Cripps indicated in "On The Couch" by his answer to a direct question, on last year's game, from Lyon, i think , about whether or not Hogan broke his jaw,  said that there was slight break in his jaw last year. The question still remains, when.........

The Curnow boys (a recycled Jedward) should be punished, and should have to lick a Razor Rays head for 10 minutes each.

• Like 1

After the Hawkins incident I would give them both a week just for being dumb...surely they couldn't be that stupid, could they?

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, willmoy said:

The AFL are so compromised. These two imbeciles didn't just touch the Umpires (sacrosanct, dominus vobiscum), they pushed the Umpires. Phil Carmen would be saying , join the club you blokes.

Just on a side issue Cripps indicated in "On The Couch" by his answer to a direct question, on last year's game, from Lyon, i think , about whether or not Hogan broke his jaw,  said that there was slight break in his jaw last year. The question still remains, when.........

I just got the impression that Cripps was being diplomatic with his answer.? ?