• Latest Podcast: Round 09 vs Carlton

pitmaster

Neeld gone (from Essendon)

Posted (edited)

Just quit as one of Worst folds' assistants. He did us enormous damage but I still feel for the bloke.

Edited by pitmaster
  • Like 3

Why on earth would he have been Essendon’s game day strategy coach?

Were they tanking?

• Like 9
  • Haha 1

I watched Worsfolds post match presser this round and thought I was rewatching Neelds pressers all over again.  

Excrucitating.

• Haha 1

"[censored] is what it is."

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1

The judas goat...

It has to be said.......

He has been hit by the reality bus......

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

5 minutes ago, jnrmac said:

It has to be said.......

He has been hit by the reality bus......

Did he see it coming ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

27 minutes ago, pitmaster said:

Just quit as one of Worst folds' assistants. He did us enormous damage but I still feel for the bloke.

Where did you see this?

9 minutes ago, beelzebub said:

Did he see it coming ?

The reality bus is a sneaky one, it hits where it will without warning ... ?

Posted (edited)

Neeld as coach. A few pointers as to why it all went  pear shaped.

The worst process  re finding a coach ( ie give to one person to decide) , the worst recommendation by a standing coach ( Malthouse who was after a legacy...he never deserved) . Given to the worst, most reluctant coach seeker ( Mr Lyon) and  brought into a club that handled fall out between schwab and Bailey in the worst possible way. He was perhaps the worst possible communicator I have ever seen, using the worst game day tactics I can ever remember. 

We got what we deserved as a club when we bought in Neeld. And Essendon no doubt got what they deserved when they did the same. Its true he may have taken the wrap for a slew of crappy issues at the dees then same same  at the bombers. I just cant seem to feel ANY sympathy for him whatsoever. 

...and IMO the notion he "quit" mid season would be utter rubbish. Fall on your sword before we slay you with it. Lets hope he's the first domino to fall and the bombers can keep us all amused all season as sack woosha talks grow in volume. 

Edited by Wells 11
  • Like 8

7 minutes ago, Wells 11 said:

Neeld as coach. A few pointers as to why it all went  pear shaped.

The worst process  re finding a coach ( ie give to one person to decide) , the worst recommendation by a standing coach ( Malthouse who was after a legacy...he never deserved) . Given to the worst, most reluctant coach seeker ( Mr Lyon) and  brought into a club that handled fall out between schwab and Bailey in the worst possible way. He was perhaps the worst possible communicator I have ever seen, using the worst game day tactics I can ever remember. 

We got what we deserved as a club when we bought in Neeld. And Essendon no doubt got what they deserved when they did the same. Its true he may have taken the wrap for a slew of crappy issues at the dees then same same  at the bombers. I just cant seem to feel ANY sympathy for him whatsoever. 

...and IMO the notion he "quit" mid season would be utter rubbish. Fall on your sword before we slay you with it. Lets hope he's the first domino to fall and the bombers can keep us all amused all season as sack woosha talks grow in volume. 

I was abroad at the time... in what way was this the case?

2 minutes ago, Danelska said:

I was abroad at the time... in what way was this the case?

You were lucky you were away. I happened to be living in Melb at the time and a bikes ride from the G. I went to almost every game in the era. And often went home at half time. Re his communication. its a body of work more than one individual thing. youd have to have sat through his post match media conferences and seen footage of his first address to the players. No one was playing for him from the get go. He lost the players in his first pre season

• Like 2

The Age is reporting he has been sacked.

"Mark Neeld has been sacked by Essendon after his job in the Bombers' football department was made redundant. Neeld's role will not be filled, and he will receive a payout".

I could say something pithy about he and Essendon.  Essendon can burn hell for eternity but I feel for Neeld's family.

I wish him and his family well. 

• Like 8

Just now, Cards13 said:

Ouch that’s brutal! Feel for him. 

Best the bloke walks away. 

Good luck Mark. You meant well. 

• Like 4

Worst coach ever, how he ever got another gig anywhere in the AFL after what he did to us is beyond me

• Like 3

AFL site saying he resigned.

As always. the truth will lay somewhere in-between.

• Like 1

At this point I think if Neeld hadn't been at Collingwood, they would have been the greatest team of all time. To win a flag carrying Mark Neeld must be the world's most amazing accomplishment.

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

Just now, McQueen said:

AFL site saying he resigned.

As always. the truth will lay somewhere in-between.

Seems they were looking to shuffle him anyway... Its possible he has enough self dignity.....to just say.. yeah- nah......' im not taking THAT job...'  

Mark....just walk away....dont look back ;)

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, pitmaster said:

Really??. This inept Coach set us back 5 years with his methods which clearly have led to his downfall at  Essendon. Clearly it was either him or Worsfold! Guess who won!

Pity ?? Nar, yeah, Nar!

Edited by picket fence
  • Like 1