Jump to content

  • Latest Podcast: Peter Jackson Interview



WERRIDEE

Changes v The Blues

Recommended Posts

Fair enough. I admit I wanted to use the Paul Keating line.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

54 minutes ago, Franky_31 said:

Out Weid in T.Smith - or is 4 kicks a game his "role"?

Out Tracc in Bugg - All tip, no iceberg

 

You want to drop a seriously good gonna be great player Trac for a paddock footballer Bugg who will always dominate in lesser company ??? NUP NO WAY KNOWN!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yep Spargo plenty to like but Jeffy IS IN OUR BEST 22 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Big Carl said:

Totally agree. 

I was at the Gabba amongst 6k Demon supporters and 60 Suns and have to agree also. Tyson out. He is slow and when wins the ball turns it over. Viney in for Tyson is only change for me. Keep The Weid and Spargo.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Franky_31 said:

Out Weid in T.Smith - or is 4 kicks a game his "role"?

Out Tracc in Bugg - All tip, no iceberg

 

Glad you're not on our match committee. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Stretch Johnson said:

I feel Weid is in to give Gawn a chop out whilst we play the "lesser" sides.   A few weeks in I was wondering how Gawn was going to maintain his massive workload.   I think he is being managed through this part of the season and rightly so. 

Good point SJ

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Out: Spargo

In: Viney 

makes the most sense in my opinion, limited pre season, looked a little off the pace despite his two goals. Didn’t play poorly, but no one did

Moves Fritsch into his forward role again and we I’ll have Spargo and Gartlett fighting for spots. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Franky_31 said:

Fair enough. I admit I wanted to use the Paul Keating line.

Any scenario where Tyson is not dropped except for a global Ebola pandemic really is flipping the switch to vaudeville.

dom is basically playing weekend at bernies (the part of Bernie) - no offence to him. Viney for Tyson. Can't drop spargo, been too handy. Some nostalgic "Jeff against Carlton" isn't backed by cirrent form. 

Edited by timbo
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, timbo said:

Any scenario where Tyson is not dropped except for a global Ebola pandemic really is flipping the switch to vaudeville.

dom is basically playing weekend at bernies (the part of Bernie) - no offence to him. Viney for Tyson. Can't drop spargo, been too handy. Some nostalgic "Jeff against Carlton" isn't backed by cirrent form. 

From the Casey reports I read, Garlett was good today.  I think he replaces Spargo. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The only change will be the “forced” change of someone for Viney. There’s no way they will diddle around the edges like bringing Garlett in. Not after a 69 point win.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Franky_31 said:

The little paper said 6 possessions. I will watch the replay and will defer if 4 of them are goal assists. Brings to mind the hot Chocolate Song "Everyones a winner baby".

they weren't goal assists they were score involvements. iirc there were 2 goal assists

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Nasher said:

The only change will be the “forced” change of someone for Viney. There’s no way they will diddle around the edges like bringing Garlett in. Not after a 69 point win.

See - I think this was the point that jnrmac was making in the post-match thread rather than simply raining on everyone's parade like a curmudgeon. We beat the lowly teams in front of us, which is great, but I'm not sure it means that our structures are working just fine. There have also been inclusions over this period following omissions subsequent to our poor losses against stronger teams - which makes it difficult to assess best combinations and genuine output/form-lines.

E.g. - Garlett was dropped after a 45 i-50 game against the top team, whereas Spargo has had the fortune to play in a 83 i-50 flogging - and done reasonably - against some pretty spent opposition. The same with Weideman - posters are lauding what he brings structurally, and how he allows Tmac and Hogan to score - but (despite your feelings on him),  Pedo wasn't given the opportunity to play with Tmac in the team in Weid's current role. It could well be a far more potent combination.

I get that you're saying what you believe the footy dept will do at selection this week, but I remain concerned that they'll be complacent or boxed in by our easier wins and that some of efficiency and personnel issues have been papered over.

 

 

  • Like 6
  • Thanks 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Skuit said:

See - I think this was the point that jnrmac was making in the post-match thread rather than simply raining on everyone's parade like a curmudgeon. We beat the lowly teams in front of us, which is great, but I'm not sure it means that our structures are working just fine. There have also been inclusions over this period following omissions subsequent to our poor losses against stronger teams - which makes it difficult to assess best combinations and genuine output/form-lines.

E.g. - Garlett was dropped after a 45 i-50 game against the top team, whereas Spargo has had the fortune to play in a 83 i-50 flogging - and done reasonably - against some pretty spent opposition. The same with Weideman - posters are lauding what he brings structurally, and how he allows Tmac and Hogan to score - but (despite your feelings on him),  Pedo wasn't given the opportunity to play with Tmac in the team in Weid's current role. It could well be a far more potent combination.

I get that you're saying what you believe the footy dept will do at selection this week, but I remain concerned that they'll be complacent or boxed in by our easier wins and that some of efficiency and personnel issues have been papered over.

 

 

I half agree with this.  Spargo will be stiff to lose his spot but Garlett is so dangerous and with so many opportunities I agree he will give us more. Spargo is in his first year and over the next couple of years he will hopefully develop into this very dangerous forward pocket player.  

I don’t agree on the Weed front, he has been in the system a few years now and I think key talls need to be given time to develop in the seniors. With an eye on the now and the long term I think this will pay huge benefits.  O Mac is a perfect example of this. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Franky_31 said:

Out Weid in T.Smith - or is 4 kicks a game his "role"?

Out Tracc in Bugg - All tip, no iceberg

 

The idea of dropping Petracca for Bugg makes me vomit in my mouth a bit.

  • Like 3
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Demons11 said:

I half agree with this.  Spargo will be stiff to lose his spot but Garlett is so dangerous and with so many opportunities I agree he will give us more. Spargo is in his first year and over the next couple of years he will hopefully develop into this very dangerous forward pocket player.  

I don’t agree on the Weed front, he has been in the system a few years now and I think key talls need to be given time to develop in the seniors. With an eye on the now and the long term I think this will pay huge benefits.  O Mac is a perfect example of this. 

And I half agree with this. But developing Weid in the seniors and the reason why is one thing, whereas those arguing his contribution and that it benefits the current team is another. His inclusion is an investment, and as such, one where you weigh up the potential losses and gains. I'm personally concerned that we're not in a position to be investing just at the moment  - in the way that many people/businesses do when the economy or figures look rosy due to short-term factors - i.e. playing shite teams for several weeks in a row. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not so much anti Weid. I'd love to play him and get games in to him and I think he'd earn them in a lot of sides. I'm just not keen on 3 tall forwards when we have a plethora of good mid sized players as well. I'm not really convinced playing as the 3rd tall option helps Weid's development as much as we think anyway. At Casey he'd be the number 1 or equal number 1 target. In the senior team as he is the ball probably should go to Hogan and Tommy Mc more often. He's really looking more impressive when he goes in the ruck and gets around the ball.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Redleg said:

Disagree. This kid is part of the future. He has exceeded expectations and plays.

I thought they might rest Vince but now there is a 7 day break.

I am not an ANB fan and he still makes some shocking mistakes, but that was his best game this year.

I thought the turnover king Tyson was terrible and if Viney is ok there is the change.

If wet maybe Weid goes out for a smaller player, but he is really improving and his assists fantastic. Those 2 quick little handballs were great and probably went unnoticed by many. His ruck work as I have said before is not bad and his follow up is also good.

If we play finals this year, Spargo is going to be Very needed. And so we need to get as many games into him as we can, as long as quality. but not stale him.

I wonder if 4 games, then 2 off,,, and another 4 games, might be handy for him.  2 off here and there, to freshen his mind.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, daisycutter said:

they weren't goal assists they were score involvements. iirc there were 2 goal assists

He was credited with 4 goal assists, as per my screen shot.  He was also credited with 4 score involvements, presumably for the same acts. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No love for Tyson he's turn into the new Nibbler overnight.

I still have love for Tyson.

Surely it's Vince that gets dropped he's had less disposals and less DE% than Tyson the last 2 weeks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Docs Demons said:

He is slow and when wins the ball turns it over.

Tyson: 81+% disposal efficiency, which is higher than Jones, Vince, Salem and Hibberd, all of whom are supposed to be good users.

But heh ...

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, bing181 said:

Tyson: 81+% disposal efficiency, which is higher than Jones, Vince, Salem and Hibberd, all of whom are supposed to be good users.

But heh ...

What parameters are inputs to the calculation of DE?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would consider dropping Petracca

A passenger at the moment needs some serious readjustment and doesn't look fit enough to me 

We have plenty of hard working half forwards 

Needs to get some mojo back

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Viney, Garlett and Tim Smith are 3 names that will be right on top of the selection committee's list this week.

Viney would be the obvious choice, but the issue is, who for? While Spargs 2 goals were handy, he did look a bit tired throughout the game and maybe the limited pre season is starting to catch up to him. This could potentially be a swap for swap spot as Viney could spend a lot of minutes up forward with bursts through the midfield. The in form Brayshaw Harmes and Oliver are doing the job just fine in there. 

Some are saying Dom Tyson, but I think hes been played out of position and its exposing his lack of pace and spread. His best is when hes an inside midfielder with his close hands in tight.

I still feel Garlett is in our best 22.. I wish ANB played another stinker because even with his 2 goals and 20 plus disposal, i still wasn't satisfied. Hes another who could come in for Spargo I feel.

Weideman is an interesting one.. I dont think he will be dropped as I believe hes playing his role and releasing Hogan and McDonald up forward. I'm also in the camp that we get as much games into him as possible, because like Omac, it'll click one day and hell starting clunking those Mark's and hitting the scoreboard more regularly! I also believe Gawns form the last couple of weeks has to come down to the work of Weideman being able to compete in the ruck and release big Maxy up forward.. but you also cannot ignore Tim Smith form in the VFL! Hes absolutely banging down the door at Casey and could provide a whole different dynamic in the forward line with his intense tackling and pressure for such a big bloke. I wouldn't mind seeing Goody giving Smith a good 4 week stretch to see what they dynamic could be and see if he's up to it? Sometimes you got no other choice but to pick someone who's in Reich vein of form in the VFL.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, timbo said:

What parameters are inputs to the calculation of DE?

I believe an effective disposal is:

-A handball that is recieved

-A short kick to an uncontested position

-A long kick (40+m) to a 50/50 or better contest

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dd36. I think those names might appear as discussion ...only Viney is a dead cert ....and then for whom ?

I can't see the brains trust fiddling with the rotational tall fwds ( the big 4 ) whilst it's working ! So Smith will struggle.

Jeffy offers 500% more than ANB when onsong.  Somewhat ironically Alex played ok...but not that brilliantly imho. His miss from nigh point blank..lamentable. He did some ok things...but ultimately so could another. He just isn't that unique . Time for Jeffy

Will Simon ?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×