Jump to content

  • Latest Podcast: Bulldogs



MSFebey

Ladder predictor

Recommended Posts

34 minutes ago, Rusty Nails said:

Using ladder predictor the 2 MUST WIN matches that will assure us a place in finals (5th) are beating the Crows in Adelaide and the Swans at the G.  Both matches effectively 8 point games for us (and them) given where the clubs are presently positioned.

Drop either of those and we are more than likely toast.

Beating the Cats against the odds next week would mean only having to snatch one of the above however.

My two most doubtful games are Crows and Eagles. We might pluck the Swans at home. They like bigger grounds even less than us 🙄

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, beelzebub said:

My two most doubtful games are Crows and Eagles. We might pluck the Swans at home. They like bigger grounds even less than us 🙄

Think they have evolved their list a little with their kids having more outside run and the insiders of Hanneberry and Jack are banged up.

I believe they are better suited to playing away from the SCG now and would rather be playing them there

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If we hit red hot form we could win every game, this side is capable if it all clicks. We seem to enjoy playing interstate more than the G so Adelaide/West Coast away shouldn't hold any fears.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The St. Kilda game...just mind boggling...

 

 

  • Like 3
  • Angry 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Frustrated Demon said:

Can’t see us winning both unfortunately. I think we will finish 9th or 10th. The loss to the saints etc are going to prove costly once again.

Only time will tell FD but yes the Saints loss and some of Goody's selections/non-selections along with some interesting game day roles / match ups might end up costing us.  Losing Lever and Hogan dropping off a cliff for around 3 matches (beginning with the Pies) also hasn't helped.

A little bit of luck might be needed in other results.

Edited by Rusty Nails
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, beelzebub said:

My two most doubtful games are Crows and Eagles. We might pluck the Swans at home. They like bigger grounds even less than us 🙄

Buddy is one that LOVES a big ground though BZ.  Would need to pressure the supply big time and have O-Mac at his best.  Outside of that they are mostly a defensive team and sluggish down back.  If we can get Jeffy and Hogan into some really good form (and possibly Stretch back and fit if JKH doesn't fire up) i reckon we're a chance to beat both of them and make it.

Hopefully we can snuff out the Doggies tomorrow otherwise i doubt any of this will matter much at all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

not gonna make the 8. you don't lose to stkilda and expect to make finals. And I think the efforts against hawks and collingwood prove that we're not skilful or defensive enough 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dr.D said:

not gonna make the 8. you don't lose to stkilda and expect to make finals. And I think the efforts against hawks and collingwood prove that we're not skilful or defensive enough 

You mean like the tiges did last year?

Whats the saying about rules and exceptions?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Demon17 said:

You mean like the tiges did last year?

Whats the saying about rules and exceptions?

What is says is Tigers > Demons

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Dr.D said:

not gonna make the 8. you don't lose to stkilda and expect to make finals. And I think the efforts against hawks and collingwood prove that we're not skilful or defensive enough 

I like how consistent you are with your posts.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have us one game outside the eight with North just above us.  We need to win at least one of the improbables to sneak in on percentage.  That game against the Saints did immense damage. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My final pre-finals prediction...

We are about to get on a salad.  

We win comfortably today and then beat Geelong in Geelong and Adelaide in Adelaide.  In fact, our only loss is to West Coast in Perth.

We finish on 15 wins and 4th spot on the ladder.

  • Like 1
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, RalphiusMaximus said:

I have us one game outside the eight with North just above us.  We need to win at least one of the improbables to sneak in on percentage.  That game against the Saints did immense damage. 

If my calculations are correct, wins over Port and the Saints would have us 2nd on the ladder and a realistic chance of top 4. 

We really stuffed up.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, binman said:

I like how consistent you are with your posts.

just when i thought last season would stop fans from getting ahead if themselves i come on demonland to hear posts about top 4, top 8 etc. bloody mind boggling stuff. i never expected us to make finals until we are in the finals.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Redleg said:

If my calculations are correct, wins over Port and the Saints would have us 2nd on the ladder and a realistic chance of top 4. 

We really stuffed up.

Yep, exactly. Throw in the Geelong loss and this season is a big "what could of been"

Now, the pressure is already back on. Frustrating

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Saints play Giants, Bombers, Hawks and Norf in the the run home.

A few wins by them against that lot would not harm our ladder prospects at all.

Of the other non contenders probably Brisbane is the only one capable of an upset (perhaps the Dogs and let's hope it's not today.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Diamond_Jim said:

Saints play Giants, Bombers, Hawks and Norf in the the run home.

A few wins by them against that lot would not harm our ladder prospects at all.

Of the other non contenders probably Brisbane is the only one capable of an upset (perhaps the Dogs and let's hope it's not today.)

The more upsets we can get out of the rubbish sides, the better.

St Kilda and Brisbane holding some form for the rest of the season helps us. Fremantle knocking over Port, Hawthorn or Collingwood (all of whom they play at home) could help too.

But we have to take care of our own destiny. We have to get to 13-9, which means we absolutely have to beat the Dogs and GC and then win two of the "harder" five.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Getting harder to predict now especially after all the weekends upsets, the whole top 8 can change dramatically, even Tigers. With each game it changes, all that we can do is keep winning and the rest will fall into place. At least over coming weeks we will see where we are at as a club, are we flat track bullies? I enjoyed last year when we beat the better sides. Anyone in the 8 can win it. Collingwood have beaten no one also. Plenty of injuries to top 8 sides, Kennedy, Nik Nat etc.

STK loss so costly, Geel and Port blunders too.

 

image.png.0443e5bc78f6bb14505f2af674411593.png

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, SFebey said:

Getting harder to predict now especially after all the weekends upsets, the whole top 8 can change dramatically, even Tigers. With each game it changes, all that we can do is keep winning and the rest will fall into place. At least over coming weeks we will see where we are at as a club, are we flat track bullies? I enjoyed last year when we beat the better sides. Anyone in the 8 can win it. Collingwood have beaten no one also. Plenty of injuries to top 8 sides, Kennedy, Nik Nat etc.

STK loss so costly, Geel and Port blunders too.

 

image.png.0443e5bc78f6bb14505f2af674411593.png

Run that 10 times. We variously appear in 4th through 9th.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, timbo said:

Run that 10 times. We variously appear in 4th through 9th.

I do it manually, not auto tip.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No need to panic.

 

i ran it with the kids this morning. They have us finishing second, after winning all remaining games!

 

they may be slightly biased though, my little girls second team is North Melbourne, because they’ve got Melbourne in their name! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, SFebey said:

I do it manually, not auto tip.

WHo do you have us losing to?

I honestly can't bring myself to trust us to win (any of) Cats, Adelaide, Swans, Eagles. I think we win GCS and GWS.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, davejemmolly said:

No need to panic.

 

i ran it with the kids this morning. They have us finishing second, after winning all remaining games!

 

they may be slightly biased though, my little girls second team is North Melbourne, because they’ve got Melbourne in their name! 

What a refreshing way to pick a second team. My wife thinks (and insists) mine is Collingwood by dint of our betrothment. Unfortunately her ears seem broken when I insist it is Richmond.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, timbo said:

WHo do you have us losing to?

I honestly can't bring myself to trust us to win (any of) Cats, Adelaide, Swans, Eagles. I think we win GCS and GWS.

Cats, Adelaide, Swans, Eagles. A win v GC and 50/50 v GWS.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×