Discussion on recent allegations about the use of illicit drugs in football is forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Ladder predictor

SFebes

Win next two, we’re in finals with momentum.

Win next four, we’re top 4 and positioned to have a real crack at the premiership. 

I don’t underestimate the form we’re in, as we’re just a whisker under what we’d need to take it all.

Question is will form, injuries and the humour of the gods allow us to get on a roll..? 

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, DubDee said:

In fairness it’s not really talk, we haven’t beaten much this year. North and Adelaide are our best wins. Couldn’t beat port, Geelong, tigers, hawks, pies

28 more inside 50s than Port.  We beat Adelaide in Adelaide and Port couldn't.

Twice we lose to Geelong by under a goal without Viney and the first time without McDonald.  They're hardly a scary proposition.

Hawthorn have lost to Brisbane twice.  Wow, scary.

When will people realise that there are no truly great teams.

There's not a team that worries me.

• Like 4

47 minutes ago, Dr.D said:

ive still got us finishing 10th. 

i can't see us beating sydney, wce or gws. 1 win against the gold coast and that's it. sadly, the loss to geelong ended our season

Sydney? Are you rating them on previous years or this year. If we don't beat them we don't deserve to be in.

2 minutes ago, ProDee said:

Twice we lose to Geelong by under a goal without Viney and the first time without McDonald.  They're hardly a scary proposition.

The message is slow getting through Pro. Its all about how good we can be , not how good the opposition is.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ProDee said:

Disagree.  There is one team that worries me. Melbourne.

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Dr.D said:

Oh gosh, its people like you that got everyone ahead of themselves last season. And people like you that never learnt the tough lessons from last season. WCE in west coast is definitely no chance. GWS will be the in form team in the comp. Sydney are beatable at the G but the dees don't instil me with any confidence (and rightly so) against good teams. We haven't beaten top 8 teams all season and now you want us to win 3 in a row? We won't be favourites in any of these games and I think 10th is where we will finish and once again, only ourselves to blame. Gawns shot against the cats, the loss against stkilda, and the after the siren loss to the cats sealed our fate. 

One of the lessons learnt from last year is that we can beat the Eagles in WA.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, MSFebey said:

Just ran it in the case we win all 4 games then 2nd spot is ours for the taking...........

I feel the joy but if I recall we were in much the same position last year with some slightly easier matches ahead of us compared to this year and we know how that story ended.

This year I am more ambivalent. Win three of the next four and perhaps we can give September a shake.

Go Dees

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Dr.D said:

Oh gosh, its people like you that got everyone ahead of themselves last season. And people like you that never learnt the tough lessons from last season. WCE in west coast is definitely no chance. GWS will be the in form team in the comp. Sydney are beatable at the G but the dees don't instil me with any confidence (and rightly so) against good teams. We haven't beaten top 8 teams all season and now you want us to win 3 in a row? We won't be favourites in any of these games and I think 10th is where we will finish and once again, only ourselves to blame. Gawns shot against the cats, the loss against stkilda, and the after the siren loss to the cats sealed our fate. 

Welp. Better just off myself then cause there's no point in going on living.

1 hour ago, PaulRB said:

Win next two, we’re in finals with momentum.

Win next four, we’re top 4 and positioned to have a real crack at the premiership. 

I don’t underestimate the form we’re in, as we’re just a whisker under what we’d need to take it all.

Question is will form, injuries and the humour of the gods allow us to get on a roll..? 

We can win the next 2 (today and Sydney) and still miss the 8 though. 

If the 3 games today go as expected, then 3rd is 0.5 games clear of 4th to 8th (we'll be 4th).  Geelong and North are a game behind.

Geelong and North are a chance to win their last 3.  Geelong's big game is against the Hawks.  Norths big game is against Adelaide in Adelaide.  If those two get it done, then I fear 1 out of the last 3 for us will see us miss and end up 9th.  We could win 2 out of out last 3 and end up 3rd.  It is that close.

Either way I think we are really close and just need to fix a few things to be able to beat anyone.  I'd rather see us playing good footy and addressing some of our issues than scraping into the 8 with 1 win in the last 3 weeks.  I'm glass half full that we can win 3 of our last 4, and maybe all of them.

On 7/28/2018 at 10:41 AM, jnrmac said:

We will never win finals consistently until we fix our leaky defence. And we should have had that fixed by now. After all, Roos started the defensive mantra yet we are still one of the easiest sides to score against once the ball goes inside our back 50.

But our defense is better this year than last, conceding less points per game. And we concede less i50s against per game than any other team,  so your assessment of "easy to score against" has a massive astrix against it that makes it a pointless statement in isolation. 

How about "to truly compete for the flag we still need to reduce the periods of time when our midfield switches off and allows the opposition easy transition forward. That will reduce their goal scoring opportunities even further, putting our defensive game amongst the competitions best rather than just middle of the road."?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Chook said:

Gold Coast is Gold Coast. Win.
Sydney couldn't win a clearance to save themselves. We dominate teams out of the centre. Win.
West Coast will be missing Kennedy by all reports and are a soft contested side. We dominate contested ball. Win.
GWS is a massive test but it's at our home ground and they'll likely have 3rd sewn up. We'll be playing for top 4 and redemption after last year. Win.

Whatever it is you're taking, halve the dose.

2 hours ago, ProDee said:

When did I say they were scary?

just pointing out that we lost to them all. Doesn’t matter about inside 50s or injuries, we need beat the better teams and we haven’t proven anything yet 

3 minutes ago, DubDee said:

When did I say they were scary?

just pointing out that we lost to them all. Doesn’t matter about inside 50s or injuries, we need beat the better teams and we haven’t proven anything yet 

My point is it's an anomaly more than anything else.

These "better teams" are bog ordinary.  Just like us.

We're at about 40% of what we'll become.

1 minute ago, ProDee said:

My point is it's an anomaly more than anything else.

These "better teams" are bog ordinary.  Just like us.

We're at about 40% of what we'll become.

I agree. Just wish we would beat these ordinary teams! I’m impatient like the rest of us. 

13 minutes ago, highroller said:

cant believe how close we could have been to having top 4 sewn up right now - even if we go 2/4 in the close games we would be pretty much home. Nothing to stop us winning our last 3 and we should go into all of them expecting to win.

Agree completely HR

We have the team! 

We are just missing 4 quarter application and some finish.

We can win all three games.

• Like 1