Discussion on recent allegations about the use of illicit drugs in football is forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Post Match Discussion - Round 7

Demonland

1 minute ago, Deestroy All said:

Surely ANB gets dropped, I doubt I’ve seen more worse games in a row than this run. 

I take it you blocked out the period of time when Heffernan played for us? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

I’d say we just relaxed in the last quarter, not risking injuries in a game that was already won. There’s no satisfying some people on here. Still cracking the poos after a win

• Like 3

Gus you beautiful thing, his hit in on the Saints player in our back pocket was right in front of us. Inspiring. Hard as nails, he’s back big time!!

• Like 8
  • Love 2

Good win, as others have said we need to blow away a few when we get into these situations. We get to ninth but we are not striving to be our best. Self satisfaction needs a higher bar.

Edited by america de cali
  • Like 1

Thought I saw a very solid win where the opposition never had so much as a sniff, but I’m glad the collective Demonland mood has reminded me that we lost.

If we’re not the sookiest supporters in the game I’ll be shocked.

• Like 20
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Wiseblood said:

We win a game of footy by close to 7 goals and do it with ease, and this is the garbage our supporters serve up.  You should be embarrassed.

Good call WBlood. Was at the game and they were stuffed in the last. Yes they wasted inside 50's but absolutely dominated. Jetta back to best and saw brayshaws first 1/4 in defence close up and he's re-arrived. Room for improvement for sure but that's a good thing - isn't it? 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Nasher said:

Thought I saw a very solid win where the opposition never had so much as a sniff, but I’m glad the collective Demonland mood has reminded me that we lost.

If we’re not the sookiest supporters in the game I’ll be shocked.

Couldn’t  the agree more. I wonder if tigers fans complain about Adelaide getting points in the last years gf? ?

• Haha 1

Disappointing we didn't grind them into the Etihad concrete. They weathered the Saint storm but should have won by at least 10 goals. Such wins build confidence and percentage.

Some real positives though. Brayshaw racking them up. Lewis' disposal. Couple of goals from the Weed

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Wiseblood said:

Superb win today.  We were tough, we ran them ragged and didn't give up, even in the last term when we were out on our legs.

If anyone complains about us stopping in the last term then don't listen to them.  Seriously, we've just played our third game in twelve days and we were always going to get tired.  We did the right thing by kicking 2 quick goals to start off the term and we killed off the contest.

The big positive for me was the game of Gus Brayshaw.   32 touches and plenty of clearances was bloody brilliant.  The confidence is back and, outside of a few poor kicks, he is showing the footy world why he was the third pick in his draft year.  What an addition he is to the side.

Hogan has continued his great season, Jones was terrific and our backline is working an absolute treat now.  Our forward line worked well again, too.

With Viney and Salem to potentially come back into the side we are really getting things going, now.  I'll take the 39 point win and if anyone is annoyed about giving up a few late ones then just laugh at them.  This is a fantastic performance from the side after some serious game time in the last week and a half.

Not disputing what you're saying Wise you are definitely right. I'm not unhappy with that result at all and there were some very good signs. I mean we beat a side we were meant to beat, that's progress and as you said there's some tired bodies out there.

I'd be lying though if I said I thought we were great, I thought we were good in parts but whenever we threatened to tear the game open we just didn't seem to take that step. We got the job done against a side that frankly is a rabble that would keep giving the ball back to us and had they actually been accurate early the game could have been entirely different. 

Absolutely see your view and essentially agree with it. You are one of the posters I take most seriously round here. I'm happy but dont know if we're much closer to seeing if this team is a threat. I think there's room for improvement but we are on the right track.

• Like 2

It was a good win and we nursed some of our tired heroes through. 

Can see us building from here.   We have found a couple of players.  Probably need to find a couple more.

No injuries by the looks. 

Good result. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, layzie said:

Not disputing what you're saying Wise you are definitely right. I'm not unhappy with that result at all and there were some very good signs. I mean we beat a side we were meant to beat, that's progress and as you said there's some tired bodies out there.

I'd be lying though if I said I thought we were great, I thought we were good in parts but whenever we threatened to tear the game open we just didn't seem to take that step. We got the job done against a side that frankly is a rabble that would keep giving the ball back to us and had they actually been accurate early the game could have been entirely different. 

Absolutely see your view and essentially agree with it. You are one of the posters I take most seriously round here. I'm happy but dont know if we're much closer to seeing if this team is a threat. I think there's room for improvement but we are on the right track.

Fair points, layzie.  I get where some are coming from and, as I said earlier, if this had been a normal turnaround for us, and not a third game in 12 days, then I'd be more disappointed with the final term.  As it stands I think we should great maturity in ensuring we killed the contest before they got a sniff.  It's something we haven't done enough of in the past.

If we were playing, say, a Richmond or Hawthorn today then it would have been a very tough ask.  But we got the job done, and did it professionally, and that's something to be very happy with.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Wiseblood said:

Fair points, layzie.  I get where some are coming from and, as I said earlier, if this had been a normal turnaround for us, and not a third game in 12 days, then I'd be more disappointed with the final term.  As it stands I think we should great maturity in ensuring we killed the contest before they got a sniff.  It's something we haven't done enough of in the past.

If we were playing, say, a Richmond or Hawthorn today then it would have been a very tough ask.  But we got the job done, and did it professionally, and that's something to be very happy with.

Glad you're happy. We can all be satisfied now.

26 minutes ago, Wiseblood said:

If this was a normal game, with a normal break etc. then I would 100& agree, Forest.  We do need to have that killer instinct and put sides away.

However, after 3 games in 12 days, I think we can focus on the positive and how well we played as a unit and put a side we should be beating away.  When we needed to we put 2 goals on the board in the last to kill the contest and it allowed us to rest a few of our better players and do what we had to do.

Agree. We did get the job done. 3 games in 12 days is tough, but in future we need to be more ruthless. The next two weeks will be a real test, and if we can win them and win them well it should set us up for the season, with hopefully Salem and Viney back. We did play some good play on footy today which was pleasing, and the form of Brayshaw and T Mac very encouraging. Fritsch and ABN’s form a concern so they may not make the cut when the others return.

Adelaide will be a biggest challenge since the Cats. It is to be hoped that we are able to build some momentum from there into the second half of the year!

Edited by Dees2014

Yeh a win’s a win and that’s great and all...

But we could’ve buried them. 

We didn’t. We showed mercy and laziness.

Now we’ll go and pat ourselves on the back for a job well done. Probably do the same against GC and Carlton. Then we’ll get absolutely hammered by a half decent side and scratch our heads wondering how it all went wrong... Repeat.

I want to believe in this club, but I don’t. Not just yet. We have the talent, but not the mettle and for now, that’s gunna hold us back from achieving anything significant.

• Like 2

Watched the game on a crappy little 30cm, non flat screen tv in a cheepo motel in Ceduna SA (driving to Perth from Melb) and had a ball! Really happy with the guys today after a big couple of weeks and great to get a good win. We have a good run coming up and if we keep the pedal to the metal will be well placed at the bye.

At the pub now celebrating with a pint of ale, a giant steak and chips and watching the sun set over the ocean.

Living the dream people, living the dream!

• Like 8
  • Love 1

A disappointing win for me. 

- Failed again to put a side away.

- Tackling needs work for some of our players.

- So many wasted entries inside 50

- We did however have a good spread of goalkickers again which is important.

- Were any of our talls hit up on a lead inside 50? (I didn’t see the first qtr)

- Our forward pressure was good when Saints tried to kick early out of their defensive 50, we were able to pick them off. When they unloaded a series of quick handballs they could navigate their way out quite easily. Then were able to move the ball quite easily at times. 

- Hogan or anyone who attempts a snap from a set shot from directly in front and misses should be dragged. 

- The Gawn mark on 50 then handball to Hibberd who sprays was disappointing. I liked the idea but we need to execute better.

- Oscar and Lever continue to improve but on occasions (and yes this will happen) our defensive unit was caught out on the rebound.

We won, obviously we’ll take it. We are such a better side for having TMac back in it. Spargo and Fritsch continue to impress.  For the next two games would love to see the Weed playing out of the goal square the whole time with Jeffy at his feet.

Watched 3/4 of the game on my phone in a hotel room, looking forward to getting home and watching the replay on the big screen. 

Edited by Bombay Airconditioning
  • Like 6

everything is in an upward trajectory, even how we finish off games. I'd argue that certain supporters wants and expectations get in the way of the reality of a team learning to be more ruthless (and keep brushing off 3 games in 12 days). By no means does being supportive of how the win was today by the other supporters or the actual team themselves, indicate that all and sundry are satisfied.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Jaded said:

I just don’t get excited beating garbage sides anymore. They are putrid. 

I am excited by the individual games of Gus, Oliver, Hogan and Lever. 

On to next week. 

(I hate how easily we give up goals. It cost us finals last year and it might cost us again)

Spot on.

Great to see Brayshaw turn the corner and please PJ stitch up TMac and OMac.

Trac is just going. Very poor kick for goal and undisciplined. Needs ego reduction surgery. Will be relieved to see ANB go for Viney however I thought Harmes was much improved 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1