Discussion on recent allegations about the use of illicit drugs in football is forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Go and get Gaff!

McQueen

7 minutes ago, old dee said:

You are guessing, the only fact we have is that he hit him in the mouth with a clenched fist which resulted in a broken jaw and damaged teeth.

All the rest in conjecture.

Buggs was a stupid act which could have had far worse result.

Were the Dees fans cheering Bugg on after the hit?

No of course not because it was a stupid and a dangerous act, any other response is condoning the act. 

I’m not guessing at what happened- Gaff punched him.

I mean to suggest WC might offer some defense at the tribunal. The votes from the coach suggest they’re not so willing to play the way we did with Bugg. Ie. guilty, no defence.

4 minutes ago, No10 said:

I’m not guessing at what happened- Gaff punched him.

I mean to suggest WC might offer some defense at the tribunal. The votes from the coach suggest they’re not so willing to play the way we did with Bugg. Ie. guilty, no defence.

There is no defence 

He punched him in the face, Hard

Simpson should be ashamed that he gave 4 votes to such a player

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Sir Why You Little said:

How did the MFC treat Tom Bugg badly?

What should they have done better. 

These comments fascinate me, do the crime....

Bugg is lucky to still have a contract

There’s a long thread on Bugg, some more articulate legal comments than I could offer (I think Jr?). But essentially we left Bugg to wear it alone. If it were Viney I don’t think everyone would’ve been so fine.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Sir Why You Little said:

There is no defence 

He punched him in the face, Hard

Simpson should be ashamed that he gave 4 votes to such a player

Agreed, I thought the way Goodwin played the Bugg incident was spot on but Simpson on the other hand is seemingly trying to excuse and praise him. 

Its like the way people carried on after Houli’s hit last year. The character of the man doesn’t change the act, it should be condemned and Simpson putting him in his votes is a slap in the face of Freo and Brayshaw. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ouch! said:

Shocking act, AFL needs to make an example of it BUT.

I don't think for a minute Gaff intended to strike him in the face, in my opinion the action is reminscent of what a lot of players do to strike the arm/chest etc in order to break a tag or run off their opponent, but Gaff in this case misjudged his aim very badly, and the resultant injury is horrific and he's done for the year... and possibly then some.

The hysteria on social media and by all and sundry is getting too much however. Let the tribunal judge him, and lets see where it goes from there. The talk about criminal charges ... dunno bout that, it's not condoned, and was a brutal hit on Brayshaw, but I don't think that these lawyers are helping anyone (except for their own profiles) by making comment. Leigh Matthews is even worse, he was a known thug in his playing career, I don't remember how many people he hit whilst on the field, but he should just shut up and stay out of it.  

What the AFL needs to come out and say as a result of this incident is that any striking actions (jumper punches etc) are going to be treated with a lot more severity. They cracked down on it last year.... for all of three weeks,.... and then let it go again, players get a fine at most. Don't fine the players, suspend them from games, that hurts the club AND the player. 

EDIT: Oh and if they are mates off field (including Hamish) it does add another level of intrigue to the whole thing. Won't change the impact of what has happened, nor the outcome, but I suspect the family will accept the apology knowing the person behind it a little moreso than it would from a stranger!

Agree with you Ouch... hysteria... the current climate, the media looking for the next outrage. I am the worst at throwing a punch and hate it but I clearly know that wasn’t a punch, you watch NJones pregame on the pads with the gloves, he throws a punch. The way i saw it, Gaff threw a ridiculous swinging arm to get some space, get some frustration out etc, he [censored] d up and will pay the price. 

He was/is known to the Brayshaw family they get to judge Gaff as a person the tribunal gets to judge to action.

Seeing Robbo and Whately on 360 just made me roll my eyes, i don’t recall them being so outspoken about Essendrug (I may be wrong but don’t recall them so horrified).

I hope the Eagles, the AFL and the Dees are supporting all people involved. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, No10 said:

There’s a long thread on Bugg, some more articulate legal comments than I could offer (I think Jr?). But essentially we left Bugg to wear it alone. If it were Viney I don’t think everyone would’ve been so fine.

What else could “we” do? He Punched an opponent whilst on Camera. There was nowhere to hide. 

Like i said. He should be grateful the MFC are still paying him a wage

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, MSFebey said:

The coaches press conferences moonie ?

fair chance though I reckon as he was pretty much BOG

No, nothing mentioned in pressers. Any real source for 4/0 AFLCA Gaff voting?

I ask because if someone writes something as fact without evidence, posters like @No10 and @Sir Why You Little think it's accurate and create ridiculous outrage when it could, in fact, be fake. Not having a go at you, just trying to establish fact without emotion. You may be right, would be good to find the breakdown.

Obviously straight after the game the coaches were emotional. You'd hope coaches would be professional enough to vote without bias and the hyperbole of social media. If they can't, and they gave their votes based upon one incident, well, I'm glad they aren't at MFC.

Does anyone have the breakdown of which coach gave what votes? Thanks in advance.

6 minutes ago, No10 said:

From an article on the club’s website:

“Bugg was sent away from the club for 10 days in the immediate aftermath of the incident with Mills, time he used to contact the young Swan to express his remorse for his actions and to reassess what he wanted to stand for as a footballer.

Upon returning, Melbourne's fitness staff put the forward through a punishing regime while he was ineligible to play between rounds 16 to 21.

Training would finish and the rest of the players would be laughing and carrying on, relaxing on the sidelines. And there would be Bugg, often the only one out on Gosch's Paddock, as the coaching and equipment staff were packing up, looking down at his watch to make sure he was meeting the times that had been set for him during gut-busting running sessions.

To his credit, Bugg didn't complain. He didn't drop his bottom lip, didn't blame anyone else other than himself. Bugg just got on with it and, after playing the final two games of the season back in the VFL once his ban had finished, set himself to have "the best pre-season of his career".

The 24-year-old beat out usual time trial king Tom McDonald in the club's 2km time trial post-Christmas, and he was often regarded as a standout – based on his work ethic on the training track – over summer.”

http://m.melbournefc.com.au/news/2018-04-05/bugg-resets-to-earn-trust-and-respect

• Like 5
  • Love 1

5 minutes ago, Moonshadow said:

I ask because if someone writes something as fact without evidence, posters like @No10 and @Sir Why You Little think it's accurate and create ridiculous outrage when it could, in fact, be fake. Not having a go at you, just trying to establish fact without emotion. You may be right, would be good to find the breakdown.

Obviously straight after the game the coaches were emotional. You'd hope coaches would be professional enough to vote without bias and the hyperbole of social media. If they can't, and they gave their votes based upon one incident, well, I'm glad they aren't at MFC.

Does anyone have the breakdown of which coach gave what votes? Thanks in advance.

It was just a tongue in cheek assumption after watching the pressers of both coaches, ie their demeanour. Jesus Christ 

4 minutes ago, Moonshadow said:

I’ve never seen a breakdown of ALFCA votes, unsure it’s released.

Mathematics is at fault for that being 4 votes from one coach.

I don’t think it’s emotional to assume Simpson gave him the 4 votes. But yes, that’s my assumption.

42 minutes ago, Sir Why You Little said:

Simpson should be ashamed of himself. 

Awarding Gaff votes yesterday...

Jesus H. They really do run their own ship over there. 

49 minutes ago, No10 said:

I believe MSF is right as it's the only mathematical possibility.

5Yeo
5Yeo
4Gaff
4Redden
3Redden
3Cripps/Sheppard
2Sheppard/Cripps
2Darling
1Sheppard/Cripps
1Lycett

^ FAKE NEWS ^

No evidence to support these.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Pates said:

“Bugg was sent away from the club for 10 days in the immediate aftermath of the incident with Mills, time he used to contact the young Swan to express his remorse for his actions and to reassess what he wanted to stand for as a footballer.

Upon returning, Melbourne's fitness staff put the forward through a punishing regime while he was ineligible to play between rounds 16 to 21.

Training would finish and the rest of the players would be laughing and carrying on, relaxing on the sidelines. And there would be Bugg, often the only one out on Gosch's Paddock, as the coaching and equipment staff were packing up, looking down at his watch to make sure he was meeting the times that had been set for him during gut-busting running sessions.

To his credit, Bugg didn't complain. He didn't drop his bottom lip, didn't blame anyone else other than himself. Bugg just got on with it and, after playing the final two games of the season back in the VFL once his ban had finished, set himself to have "the best pre-season of his career".

The 24-year-old beat out usual time trial king Tom McDonald in the club's 2km time trial post-Christmas, and he was often regarded as a standout – based on his work ethic on the training track – over summer.”

http://m.melbournefc.com.au/news/2018-04-05/bugg-resets-to-earn-trust-and-respect

Too bad he can't kick.

6 minutes ago, Pates said:

Thanks, I hadn’t read this. I hope Bugg makes it back.

At the time the conversation was about how the MFC took a very high road during the aftermath and tribunal. There’s a long thread, obviously.

5 minutes ago, No10 said:

My God. It’s maths!

No it's not. You're making this vote equation up. Fake maths. Where's your evidence to say Simpson 4/Lyon 0? Happy to apologise if I'm wrong, will you and SWYL apologise if your opinion cannot be substantiated?

From the evidence so far, its not Simpson who should be ashamed, it you and SWYL

1 minute ago, Moonshadow said:

No it's not. You're making this vote equation up. Fake maths. Where's your evidence to say Simpson 4/Lyon 0? Happy to apologise if I'm wrong, will you and SWYL apologise if your opinion cannot be substantiated?

From the evidence so far, its not Simpson who should be ashamed, it you and SWYL

I am enjoying Gin & Tonics in Thailand

How’s your life going?

You really think Ross Lyon would have given votes to Gaff yesterday at the end of the game???

Really....

4 minutes ago, Moonshadow said:

Normally enjoy your work MS but it’s definitely one coach 4 votes, presumably Simpson because of the two how could it be Lyon, I’ll explain below:

Yeo must have two fives, as he got 10.

So the only way Redden can get 7 is a 4 and a 3.

That leaves one ‘4’ still to give and as nobody else got 4 or above except for Gaff it must be him.

Edited by IDee
Typo
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, IDee said:

Normally enjoy your work MS but it’s definitely one coach 4 votes, presumably Simpson because of the two how could it be Lyon, I’ll explain below:

Yeo must have two fives, as he got 10.

So the only way Redden can get 7 is a 4 and a 3.

That leaves one ‘4’ still to give and as nobody else got 4 or above except for Gaff it must be him.

I saw that, but coaches do not disclose votes. Unlikely but not proven

2 hours ago, Bobby McKenzie said:

Yes oh master! Whatever you say sir. McQueen made assumptions that the punch was not aimed at Brayshaw's face but his gut. Is this not defending his actions in some way?  Off your high horse mate.

You’re a joke mate. Reading and comprehension are clearly difficult for you.

I’m not even going to bother any further.

11 minutes ago, Moonshadow said:

I saw that, but coaches do not disclose votes. Unlikely but not proven

Could you send Simpson to the gallows for it? Possibly not, but if you’re happy that you can see that it was one coach 4 votes to Gaff but want to belabour the pedantic point that technically we don’t know if it was “he’s a good bloke really and I gave him a little cuddle” Simpson or “it was an off ball hit that had me comforting his distraught mother” Lyon, (paraphrasing), then I guess I’m learning my annual-ish lesson of why I read but do not generally participate in internet fora.

Edited by IDee
Typos again
  • Like 1