Discussion on recent allegations about the use of illicit drugs in football is forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Go and get Gaff!

McQueen

19 hours ago, markc said:

can I ask how do you know this for sure ?

Jane02 wont kiss and tell but I will. Same source close to the Gaff family. If he returns to Melbourne MFC is preferred location. As RFA the Eagles can match whatever he is offered but historically very few if any clubs match offers made to RFA's. Sorry Jane

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, Satyriconhome said:

I am not worried, gee paraphrasing, misrepresentation, runs the whole gamut of trying to point score

Sorry, my mistake.  I should have said, "why are you quoting WCE supporters views to back up your view" when you continually tell is it's the coaches that count, not the supporters.

And how do you support your stance when the WCE coaches, whose views you always say should be respected, voted Gaff their best player in a year where they finished third on the ladder.  To finish third on the ladder a team needs multiple good players and the coaches, you know, the one's who's view we should respect, thought Gaff the best during the year.  And to finish third you play some good teams in tight matches where if you don't perform you lose.  Clearly Gaff, as voted by the coaches, performed.

It's ironic because I have some concerns but I can see the argument for taking him as a FA.  But what I won't do is make things up to support my view and then not recognize I was wrong on a number of factual issues.  That behaviour is the stuff of schoolyards, not those questioning your arguments and logic.

Anyway enough.  Like Gaff you have your strengths and weakness and these sort of discussions are not your strength.

• Like 9

4 hours ago, Satyriconhome said:

The whole team is playing well, at the weekend against Sydney, he went missing again when the heat was on, my knock on him

He is an accumulator, would prefer to keep developing Stretch

Media, I pay no attention to the media, do you?

Gaff is superior to Stretch in every way and is an upgrade on so so many others in our list.

Sure, he didn’t have a good game on the weekend, but he has played well in bad eagles games before. 

I don’t think he is the magical player to win us a flag, same as I didn’t think Lever was, but another bloody good footballer to compliment the guys we have playing already who only costs us cash, not picks in a year we have no first round pick... where do we sign?

@Satyriconhome You're exceptionally economical with the truth.

Why would Eagles supporters be shocked with Gaff's B&F in 2015 when he made AA and finished the season with the second most disposals for the year ?  Even if he wasn't the pick of everyone they'd hardly be "shocked".  We've now established you tell porkies.

Also, answer Baghdad's question.  You said he hadn't won one and moments later say Eagles supporters were shocked he had.

Best to fess up and show some character.

Edited by ProDee
  • Like 7

3 minutes ago, ProDee said:

@Satyriconhome You're exceptionally economical with the truth.

Why would Eagles supporters be shocked with Gaff's B&F in 2015 when he made AA and finished the season with the second most disposals for the year ?  Even if he wasn't the pick of everyone they'd hardly be "shocked".  We've now established you tell porkies.

Also, answer Baghdad's question.  You said he hadn't won one and moments later say Eagles supporters were shocked he had.

There are a number of posters here who have ownership of you.  Best to fess up and show some character.

That would just indicate west coast supporters' IQ is impecunious in nature. Or else they've just all been smoking too many durries

6 minutes ago, timbo said:

That would just indicate west coast supporters' IQ is impecunious in nature. Or else they've just all been smoking too many durries

You're trying too hard to get noticed.

1. I don't rate Gaff like others do

2, MFC footy dept may rate him   fine

3. I know West Coast supporters who were shocked/surprised with his B&F win

4. Where has this stellar form been for last 2 years

5. We have some exploding posters on here

6. Don't give a flying what the Keyboard Warriors on here think about me

There you go paraphrase and misrepresent away

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Satyriconhome said:

Still haven't answered Bob's question about how you know this, yet earlier made the bold statement that he had never won a B&F for the Eagles.  If you knew it already, it stands to reason you would know he had won a best and fairest.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Satyriconhome said:

He hasn't managed a West Coast B&F 

18 minutes ago, Satyriconhome said:

Something tells me you love being the centre of attention on here. Quit trolling. 

Edited by Ethan Tremblay
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Wiseblood said:

Still haven't answered Bob's question about how you know this, yet earlier made the bold statement that he had never won a B&F for the Eagles.  If you knew it already, it stands to reason you would know he had won a best and fairest.

Saty is a bald faced liar never to be trusted again.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, SFebey said:

Your opinion on Gaff also said he’d never won a BnF or finished high in a Brownlow also, you were clearly wrong which makes your other opinions irrelevant and poorly researched, admit you were wrong....

Oh and Stretch ahead of Gaff is ridiculous, he’s never shown anything apart from being a great trainer, rabbit in the headlights and no speed, spends most of his time running around in circles.

YEP and tonights winner is S Febey!! 

Oh and one other thing Robbie only won 1 B & F as well!

Edited by picket fence
  • Like 2

On top of all this, Gaff wasn’t even that bad against the Swans the other night. If that’s his worst, add another 100k. 

My opinion is one person in here knows nothing about football other than little tid bits told to him by people. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Satyriconhome said:

1. I don't rate Gaff like others do

2, MFC footy dept may rate him   fine

4. Where has this stellar form been for last 2 years

5. We have some exploding posters on here

6. Don't give a flying what the Keyboard Warriors on here think about me

There you go paraphrase and misrepresent away

I don't care about 1-3 and 5-6 Saty but on point 4 Gaff has been an ultra consistent and very solid wingman for years. 

His increase in form this year I'd put down to:

1. The return of Nic Nat meaning he can play inside mid and get spoon fed the ball from clearances. Nic's hit outs and ground level pressure makes the job of his midfielders so much easier. Gawn would provide the hit outs, if not the follow up.
2. Confidence - the increase in West Coast's form in general - confidence is infectious
3. Maturity - he's just turned 26, we expect too much from AFL players too early, a player should keep improving on weaknesses through their mid 20's.
4. West Coast's general skill level improving meaning Gaff's unrewarded running becomes rewarded running

I've really liked Gaff since his draft year but his Grand Final in 2015 stood out to me, not because of the result or how well he played, but the style in which he played. I was superbly impressed that under the weight of massive Hawthorn pressure he kept going contest to contest and willing his side on. If he came to us his work rate - either on the wing, on ball or maybe one day even at half back as he ages - would make the team better and make the other mids better. He'd run hard to provide an option which makes ball movement so much easier and he'd work back hard to block off options or help the backline. 

At this stage I actually think the contract and trade will both be too much for us to get Gaff, but I certainly hope we are trying.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Sir Why You Little said:

Satyriconhome has really covered himself in glory today. 

I mean really. I have never seen a more pathetic retort when he has just stated absolute untruths and a total lack of any understanding....

Well there was just a few weeks ago when he said McCartney had never been in the coaches box...

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Deestroy All said:

Well there was just a few weeks ago when he said McCartney had never been in the coaches box...

What about when he claimed in one of his training reports that Viney was on track for Round 1.

Then Viney gets ruled out for a couple of months and Saty claims he knew that already as someone told him at training,  but he wanted to keep it to himself.

Therefore admitting passing on false information to Demonland and invalidating every training report he has ever given.

That was a good one.

Edited by Petraccattack
  • Like 6

6 minutes ago, Petraccattack said:

What about when he claimed in one of his training reports that Viney was on track for Round 1.

Then Viney gets ruled out for a couple of months and Saty claims he knew that already as someone told him at training,  but he wanted to keep it to himself.

Therefore admitting passing on false information to Demonland and invalidating every training report he has ever given.

That was a good one.

Or that he doesn’t believe everything the players tell him. 

That got a smirk on my dial :)

• Like 1

If he wants to come home and we don't have to give anything up for him but his wage (in balance with the rest of our list) it would be crazy not to sign him. 

If WCE match that offer and we have to trade for him then it's a different matter. I'm pretty sure the WCE would want a first rounder or a player we aren't willing to give up so it could end up being a bit of a stand off. We might have to give him a long contract and or front end his contract so that we can ward off WC. I'd say WC would be offering anywhere between 3-5 years, don't know about 6 or 7. 

Interesting times ahead, good to hear we are at least in the running/discussions for McGovern & Sloane too.

40 minutes ago, rpfc said:

I’m in IT and here we have this fantastic feature allowing sane posters to ignore those not so fortunate and most are not using it...

So frustrating!

Fair enough. Unfortunately though when other posters quote him even when on ignore you can see his post. He should be accountable for such blatant trolling and lying. 

Edited by Ethan Tremblay
  • Like 2