• Latest Podcast: Peter Jackson Interview

McQueen

If we lose to Essendon

Be close to giving it up (not that I actually could).

Looks like they will be missing their small forwards, so no excuses. Fantasia unlikely, Greene out and McDonald-Tipungwuti banged up and would have to be in doubt with a short turn around.

They could still give us some trouble with multiple talls up forward and midfielders that spread (Zaharakis, Parish, Merrett).

Garlett has been awful but he should probably stay in to keep Saad nervous, has stitched him up before.

I will attempt to be measured in response to the question of what a loss to Essendon will mean. 

I expect that they will bounce back with ferocity and speed and leave us languishing with a forward line holding 18 of our players. 

My response therefore is... l will want changes to the "game plan". It will have simply been the greatest reason we have gone backwards this year. 

The players have not bought into it and are unable to execute it and us supporters are bloody sick of it. 

I’ll not bother watching another live game until we win one and then I might bother with a replay.

A heavy loss to the Bombers would be devastating for the Club, players, sponsors and us supporters.

And I’d like to send a big FU to the media who made us out to be the next big thing all off season.

Put the cue in the rack until 2019.

I’ll be looking to book September holidays. Stupidly I’ve put the family on notice and we’ve booked a June holiday instead.

Wont watch a another game this season and ask Adelaide for a refund.

Would set the club back a long while if we don't win this, nothing will surprise me.

Amazingly if we lose to Essendon and St Kilda, but then fall over the line with poor wins over GC and Carlton we'll be 4-5 and in the exact same position as after last year's round 9.

Didn’t Mahoney or Jackson say we’d be playing finals in 2016 or 2017? We missed last year after we raised the white flag and if we don’t make it this year it’s a failure IMO. I just don’t understand why we’ve gone backwards, something stinks. If we don’t beat Essendon with their injuries then some serious questions need to be asked of the coach and football department. As it is, the players are already bereft of confidence and it’s a long season ahead, especially with no first round pick. So over it, it can change quickly but my dog says it won’t 

Won’t care as I have wife’s family visiting from Sydney so I’ll not see a second unless we win and I’ll watch the replay.

Realistically, we need to win a min 3 out of the next 4.

The question should be more optomistic i.e IF WE BEAT ESSENDON. .............. I will drink a better quality wine rather than the cheap Aldi "paint stripper".  

• Like 1

On 4/25/2018 at 1:21 PM, McQueen said:

I’ll not bother watching another live game until we win one and then I might bother with a replay.

A heavy loss to the Bombers would be devastating for the Club, players, sponsors and us supporters.

And I’d like to send a big FU to the media who made us out to be the next big thing all off season.

relax macca, we've got this one !

Nothing changes for me. I'll keep watching and hoping the wheel turns eventually - not much more I can do.

3 minutes ago, WAClark said:

Nothing changes for me. I'll keep watching and hoping the wheel turns eventually - not much more I can do.

Yep me too....we're been bad for 12 years why would yet another loss make me throw in the towel at this point! At least we're just ordinary now - we used to be appalling!