Jump to content

  • Latest Podcast: Round 08 vs Gold Coast



Recommended Posts

OUT- Stretch, Kent, Garlett, ANB

IN- Pederson, Frost, Spargo, Hannan

Lewis extra week with hand. He will come in against the Saints for whoever is plodding against the Bummers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, TeamPlayedFine39 said:

Is Spargo beating down the door yet??

He’s been playing well, but not sure about debuting him so early in the season.  Would prefer him to mount a case that’s impossible to ignore rather than us turning to him in hope...

 Gartlett gets one more week imho as he’s one of the few players we have who can turn a match in minutes.

Definitely not ... but the door has been left wide open by the senior side.

Agree ... Garlett gets another week ....

With whom is Kent replaced? Bugg is injured and I am not sure that Fritsch and Hannan are like for like in regards to replacing Kent.

At least we know the turf will be nice and dry next week.

Really hope they resist springing T Mac as a surprise selection .. smacks of utter desperation if they do.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, MudDogs Gawn Win.. someday said:

gets back in time OUT 

Harmes Stretch ANB Kent (injury)

IN

Tmac Fritsch Spargo Hannan

T-Mac wont be ready for the Bombres I wouldn't think.  Spargo for Jeffy.  Pedders for Weids.

Weids played ok but a forward's job is to kick goals and we are desperate for goal kicking targets up forward.  I'm not saying Pedders is a lock....just the best option if we want to win some games in the next 4 weeks and give ourselves a chance of finals if T-Mac gets back in time for the Saints and Viney makes it back by Rnd 11 or so.

Maynard for Harmes.

Hannan for Stretch.

Fritsch for ANB

I don't know who replaces Kent TBH. * Actually leave Weids in as long as it aint raining.  Pedders comes in for Kent! 

P.S. I would measure those players above over rolling 3 week periods and if they're impact is as good as or better than the replacements just leave the team as is to settle and fight it out and to gain some solidity and trust by playing multiple games together!

Edited by Rusty Nails

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There's no way they drop Garlett unless he's sore or injured this week. He is far too dangerous on a fast dry surface. I'm sure Spargo is tracking in the right direction and Garlett has had two very poor games by his standards but I just can't see it happening this week.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Agree with a few other posters that have Charlie Spargo debuting vs the Bombers,  all reports say hes been playing well at Casey and god knows we need some speed and fresh legs in the team.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Rusty Nails said:

T-Mac wont be ready for the Bombres I wouldn't think.  Spargo for Jeffy.  Pedders for Weids.

Weids played ok but a forward's job is to kick goals and we are desperate for goal kicking targets up forward.  I'm not saying Pedders is a lock....just the best option if we want to win some games in the next 4 weeks and give ourselves a chance of finals if T-Mac gets back in time for the Saints and Viney makes it back by Rnd 11 or so.

Maynard for Harmes.

Hannan for Stretch.

Fritsch for ANB

I don't know who replaces Kent TBH.

P.S. I would measure those players above over rolling 3 week periods and if they're impact is as good as or better than the replacements just leave the team as is to settle and fight it out and to gain some solidity and trust by playing multiple games together!

Maynard and Hannan have been woeful. I wouldn't mind seeing Fritsch replace Kent. Pedo must play he's kicking goals and the team isn't if Goodwin doesn't play him it's an absolute disgrace, Tommy has to play if fit playing him at Casey would be a waste of time. Lewis to get a chance to redeem himself after a poor showing against the Hawks. ANB, Stretch and Harmes all deserve to be dropped.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, WERRIDEE said:

B: LEVER, O.MCDONALD, JETTA

HB: HIBBERD, T.MCDONALD, HUNT

C: PETRACCA, OLIVER, JONES

HF: FRITSCH, HOGAN, MELKSHAM

F: GARLETT, WEIDEMAN, PEDERSEN

FOLL: GAWN, TYSON, SALEM

IC: BRAYSHAW, LEWIS, VINCE, J.WAGNER

EMERG: NEAL-BULLEN, HARMES, SPARGO, HANNAN

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Out: Harmes, AnB, Vince

In: Spargo, Lewis, Tmac or Pedo (replace Harmes with a tall).

I’d leave Stretch for another week. Harmes has to go. Has given nothing for 5 games.Vince is done and the statement Goodwin needs to make. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Glad to see nobody is dropping Weideman... he did well last night and is tracking fine.

Just a reminder hes 20 years old.

Edited by Petraccattack
  • Like 3
  • Love 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

VFL play Geelong at Casey on Saturday night (7pm).

Selection of emergencies etc for the Sunday game will be interesting...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Outs               Ins

Kent               Frischte (Clean disposal)

Wagner         TMac if available or Smith (speed & athletic)

ANB               Spargo (speed)

Vince.            Lewis (FD will pick him & we can’t have two old slow guys)

I also want to drop Harmes & Stretch but more than four changes seems too many.

Pedersen unlucky, but Weideman showed some positive signs, did ok in ruck. Maybe due to short break Pedo in for Weid, but am ok either way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, At the break of Gawn said:

Out: Harmes, AnB, Vince

In: Spargo, Lewis, Tmac or Pedo (replace Harmes with a tall).

I’d leave Stretch for another week. Harmes has to go. Has given nothing for 5 games.Vince is done and the statement Goodwin needs to make. 

Both Tmac and Pedo have to play.

If a potato like Stretch gets another game Goodwin and the selection committee must be sacked.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, mongrel said:

There's no way they drop Garlett unless he's sore or injured this week. He is far too dangerous on a fast dry surface. I'm sure Spargo is tracking in the right direction and Garlett has had two very poor games by his standards but I just can't see it happening this week.

I can’t see why the rules are different for Garlett. I would suggest he is capable of the very occasional cameo and goes missing the rest of the time. He can’t even be thrown into the midfield because he won’t put his head over the ball or tackle. With him in the side we are playing 1 man down for the most part. Our side is not good enough to carry passengers.

  • Like 3
  • Angry 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Petraccattack said:

Glad to see nobody is dropping Weideman... he did well last night and is tracking fine.

Just a reminder hes 20 years old.

Also Oscar and Lever both played very well last night... and they're 21.

Hogan is the "old bloke" of this bunch and he's 23.

There's 10+ years these guys will play together. Exciting future.

  • Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, WERRIDEE said:

Maynard and Hannan have been woeful. I wouldn't mind seeing Fritsch replace Kent. Pedo must play he's kicking goals and the team isn't if Goodwin doesn't play him it's an absolute disgrace, Tommy has to play if fit playing him at Casey would be a waste of time. Lewis to get a chance to redeem himself after a poor showing against the Hawks. ANB, Stretch and Harmes all deserve to be dropped.

Ah yes forgot about Lewis returning. Lewis for Kent then.   Which leaves Pedders for Weids.

I would still ring those other changes Werridee.  Changing deck chairs but we need to give others a chance and send a message.  Would be looking to trade Stretch, Harmes & ANB at year's end.

Hannan was ok for a quarter or so on Saturday.  Gave us some run early until he started turning it over.  He can at least gather the ball on the run and maintain possession while running which is something.  As for delivery under pressure or perceived pressure that's another story!  Anything is an improvement on Stretch though IMO and to me Hannan was ahead of the curve vs Stretch at Casey last weekend anyway.  So not sure how Stretch got the nod.

Would rather Munro than Maynard TBH but he aint on the list.  Maynard was ok in the Geelong match.  Not great at Casey I realise but Harmes is struggling also.  Bit of a coin flip but would like to see if he can bring something over 2 or 3 matches.  Nothing to lose surely?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Rusty Nails said:

Ah yes forgot about Lewis returning. Lewis for Kent then.   Which leaves Pedders for Weids.

I would still ring those other changes Werridee.  Changing deck chairs but we need to give others a chance and send a message.  Would be looking to trade Stretch, Harmes & ANB at year's end.

Hannan was ok for a quarter or so on Saturday.  Gave us some run early until he started turning it over.  He can at least gather the ball on the run and maintain possession while running which is something.  As for delivery under pressure or perceived pressure that's another story!  Anything is an improvement on Stretch though IMO and to me Hannan was ahead of the curve vs Stretch at Casey last weekend anyway.  So not sure how Stretch got the nod.

Would rather Munro than Maynard TBH but he aint on the list.  Maynard was ok in the Geelong match.  Not great at Casey I realise but Harmes is struggling also.  Bit of a coin flip but would like to see if he can bring something over 2 or 3 matches.  Nothing to lose surely?

 You must have smoked a joint before watching the Casey game. MAYNARD WAS pathetic!  You wanna talk about players not having footballing smarts..this bloke has zero footy smarts. He can never learn as he isn't a natural footballer. Move on

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Rusty Nails said:

Maynard for Harmes

You lost me here. Maynard is the worst kick in the club and will give us nothing. I would rather Hannan/Balic if fit.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, MudDogs Gawn Win.. someday said:

You lost me here. Maynard is the worst kick in the club and will give us nothing. I would rather Hannan/Balic if fit.

Quite possibly Mud.  That's why i said i prefer Munro.  I haven't got time to watch every player in detail throughout a match especially going back over old rounds so i'm just using stats which are always fraught with danger but....

In the one match he played against the Cats he was running at 80% DE vs Harmes's average for the 5 matches he's played... 64.5%

I also keep a weighted stats table and it has Maynard's one match ranking at No.5 and Harmes at No.10

Maynard did get 5 clearances on the day, 7 tackles and 5 score involvements.  He was also charged with covering Ablett shortly after 2 or 3 others had failed early on in the first quarter and seemed to curtail him a tad afterwards.

Yes i am probably clutching at long straws i know and as Leoncelli said...smoking a boat.  Not much depth around right now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Leoncelli_36 said:

 You must have smoked a joint before watching the Casey game. MAYNARD WAS pathetic!  You wanna talk about players not having footballing smarts..this bloke has zero footy smarts. He can never learn as he isn't a natural footballer. Move on

Yes i was smoking a boat 36!  What can i say.....after so many years of ordinary fodder i sometimes look for hope/alternatives where there is probably none.  Desperate times!

Trade time is probably the best option for some.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Obviously a lot will depend on how they pull up and who is mega sore and thankfully the same will apply to Essendon even more after today.

From what I saw, I'd be worried about Jonesy being 100% because he copped a nasty blow to the ribs from hitman Townsend. But Jonesy is tough, so he may play a bit hurt.

With only one significant training session before Sunday, I can't imagine too many structural changes and that means we will persist with our gung-ho attack from down back and kicking up the line to contests, relying on our ability to win stoppages.

Essendon, like Richmond, is a mega-quick side, but they don't have the Tigers physical presence, so hopefully our systems functions better against them.

But the last thing I hope we do compromise for this game pace - hence I'd be really disappointed if we rushed back Lewis for this game.

The two players who I am sure will come back in are Hannan (he was unlucky to be dropped anyway after Rd 1) and Fritsch - who was 23rd man against Tigers and is the ideal sort of player for Etihad.

I'd also like to see Frost recalled - but that won't happen - he's been out of favour with Goody for some time now and basically Wagner has his spot and for the most part (except for when he is fourth man up in a pack like he was in the second quarter) he has been pretty serviceable.

Obviously Kent is out and then it's decision time. Does Stretch get another chance or is he made the scapegoat? Does Jeffy's poor form warrant dropping given Etihad suits his style as well? If so we are getting close to career over. Was Angus' stunning third term (after a very poor start) enough to warrant his spot? Does ANB get sent back to find form in the magoos? Did Tyson provide enough run from his wing and will he be exposed by Essendon's speed? Was Salem's poor first-half ball use (unusual for him) enough to get him moved out of the middle? Did Harmes lose his way because he was flipped from position to position on the night or because he's down on confidence? All the above questions have the added caveat that we were up against the premiers at night when the pressure was intense.

For me, I'd send ANB back to the VFL for a week or two to get him more involved in link play again. The Jeffy one is tricky and I'd prefer if he gets his final chance before we resort to Spargo or some other small forward option. Dropping Stretch is what I'm sure a lot of you will want, but doesn't he deserve another go against a slightly less physical opponent before we terminate his career (as some of you have)?

The only other change to consider is whether Weid recovers quickly enough to go again, especially considering both T-Mac and Pedo are banging down the door for his spot and Tim Smith as well. Weid was handy and it was one of his best games he's played for us, but I'm sure if T-Mac is ruled fit, then he'll replace him. That leaves three changes IMO.

In: Fritsch, Hannan and T-Mac (If ready)

Out: Kent, ANB and Weid (if T-Mac returns).

 

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

54 minutes ago, Neitz the Great said:

Also Oscar and Lever both played very well last night... and they're 21.

Hogan is the "old bloke" of this bunch and he's 23.

There's 10+ years these guys will play together. Exciting future.

If they stay!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MudDogs Gawn Win.. someday said:

You lost me here. Maynard is the worst kick in the club and will give us nothing. I would rather Hannan/Balic if fit.

Hannan for Stretch yes

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 

Also Oscar and Lever both played very well last night... and they're 21.

Hogan is the "old bloke" of this bunch and he's 23.

There's 10+ years these guys will play together. Exciting future.

Not meaning to drag us down further but I am so effing sick of us looking to an “exciting future”. It’s about bloody time this started happening now. 

That said you are right, our defence did what they could on the weekend. It was in the middle that they got let down. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Heres an idea: Garlett AND spargo. Its ok to have more than one small crumber and a stack of plodding half fwd mids in there. I want some dynamism and youthfulness in there. Envious of Richmond and Jack Higgins to say the least.

Edited by Doodle Dee
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For god’s sake give them a tall marketing target or someone to bring the ball to ground. I don’t care if it’s Pedo or T Mac. Just give them SOMEONE. If Hogan is going to play up the ground then he and the rest of the side need someone to kick the [censored] thing to when they look up.

Harmes still isn’t up to the level as a starter for mine.

I cant remember a Hunt kick that wasn’t a shank.

Stretch looked out of his depth. Maybe the occasion got to him.

I can’t be bothered thinking any further about who comes out. Kudos to those who can.

This [censored] club.

 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Social Media



    • Recently Browsing   0 members

      No registered users viewing this page.

    ×