Discussion on recent allegations about the use of illicit drugs in football is forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Changes Vs Essendon

There’s been talk from the club that TMac could come in, if he comes in Weids goes out. Harmes could be another to make way, he was poor tonight. 

I don’t think we can have both Stretch and ANB in the team, they both look like deer in headlights when the pressure is on. 

Pederson had a good game for Casey, if TMac isn’t ready he comes in for Weids or Harmes. My choice would be Weids, I really hope I’m wrong about him but I don’t feel confident he’s going to be the player we hoped. 

• Like 2

Coaching staff: GET. THE. [censored]. OUT.

YOU. HOPELESS. [censored]. PRETENDERS.

And take all your cliched, [censored], boring arse [censored] comments with.  Shut the [censored] up and say nothing to us the fan base.  Say absolutely jack [censored] and [censored] off.

And stop [censored] up the development of our footballers.  

i still don't think we can play hannan and fritsch together until one of them learns to play the wing role and uses his pace to get up and down the ground consistently - for mine hannan has to start to demonstrate that he can do this at vfl level consistently - but tbh he probably gets in my default as there's not much more depth to call on

i would hope that lewis is fit; they said it was a two week injury - it'll be two weeks by the time we play essendon

do we need frost in to cover their tall forwards (daniher, stewart) so that lever can continue to zone off a bit more? or, as deespencer said in a recent post, why not petty?

dunno what to with all the nqr's...i personally would like to drop brayshaw but was probably best of a pretty bad bunch, and hunt wouldn't be far behind him - he's just providing no overlap run whatsoever at the moment

pedo obviously was best of a bad lot but i'd still rather stick with weideman - he's the future, and i think we can forget claims of finals action in 2018

if t mac can play, weed goes out

spargo? why not...he seems keen to provide defensive press coverage and we'll need fresh legs against the peptides, and if tigers can blood the likes of higgins, why not bring him in

garlett must surely be injured to be playing as badly as he currently is

honestly, i'd quite like to drop:

• harmes
  • brayshaw
  • stretch
  • kent (injured)
  • vince (rested - 2 games in 5 days is a lot to ask of a 32 year old, but he looks way fitter than a lot of younger players)
  • hunt
  • anb
  • garlett
  • wagner

but that's obviously completely unrealistic, and i would suspect that only four, maybe five, of those would go

i'll go with...

OUT: harmes, stretch, kent, anb, wagner
IN: lewis, spargo, frost / petty, hannan, fritsch

jesus, it's really scraping the barrel...

B: Jetta - O Mac - Lever
HB: Lewis - Frost / Petty - Hibberd
C: Jones - Tyson - Vince
HF: Petracca - Hogan - Melksham
F: Fritsch - Weideman - Garlett
Foll: Gawn - Oliver - Salem
I/c: Spargo - Brayshaw - Hannan - Hunt

Edited by whatwhatsaywhat
actually, why not petty?
  • Like 1

I'm not sure if we have any quality to bring in...

Vince is done.

Billy is a rabbit in the spotlight.

Harmes a headless chook.

ANB clocks up the K's but not damaging

Kent injured yet again and doesn't give much anyway.

Hunt tried his guts out but made fundamental mistakes.

A lot of one paced players like Jetta, Brayshaw & Salem.

We really need Smith, Ginger & Hannan to come on as they have some leg speed.

Fritsch can at least hit a target...

Also need to target Gaff in the off season...desperate for some run & class.

• Like 3

Weid won’t be dropped. You don’t get to be Hogan’s level without a season or 2 under your belt. He’ll stay. We want to play Hogan up the ground so it allows Tom to play FF and Weid to play CHF. 

Kent comes up and Hannan/Fritch comes in. Agree that ANB needs some time in the 2s but I wonder with a short turn around that his aerobic capacity he might be retained. 

I think that Wagner is on thin ice (again) and same with Harmes. T Mac and ??? To replace. 

Its going to be a tough week at selection.  

Out: Kent (inj), Garlett, Wagner
In: Fritsch, Spargo, Petty

Need the extra tall down back against the Bombers and really I don't see the point of playing Frost. Given the young kid a chance.

Desperately need to change up the small forwards. Harmes and Melksham can stay deep, give Fritsch a chance to roam the flanks and use his class.

I'm frustrated by ANB and Stretch. I wish they were doing more and making less mistakes. But who do we have at Casey who can run? No one! The reason we stayed with the Tigers for 3/4 - because Stretch and ANB were out there running all game. I'll take that over the other options which involve loading our midfield up with guys who can't run!

Tommy Mc can go to Casey and get some form in limited minutes if he's right to play. Weid's was very good tonight and deserves the chance to show what he can do again.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, DaveyJones'sLocker said:

what do we do about Garlett ? I would prefer him to play but he’s been garbage for 2 weeks. He did basically win us the game vs lions 

Hard to say.  He’s the kind of player whose form can completely turn around in an instant.  We need him back firing.

• Like 1

Stretch, Harmes and ANB need to be dropped. Kent's probably out for a month with another hamstring.

VInce is cooked but we're desperate and we'll continue to play him.

No idea who to bring in.

Getting the NQR players out will help but until we work out how to score when the opposition drops a player behind the ball, it won't really matter.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DeeSpencer said:

Need the extra tall down back against the Bombers and really I don't see the point of playing Frost. Given the young kid a chance.

Desperately need to change up the small forwards. Harmes and Melksham can stay deep, give Fritsch a chance to roam the flanks and use his class.

I'm frustrated by ANB and Stretch. I wish they were doing more and making less mistakes. But who do we have at Casey who can run? No one! The reason we stayed with the Tigers for 3/4 - because Stretch and ANB were out there running all game. I'll take that over the other options which involve loading our midfield up with guys who can't run!

Tommy Mc can go to Casey and get some form in limited minutes if he's right to play. Weid's was very good tonight and deserves the chance to show what he can do again.

actually...why not petty?

i was just assuming frost would be the logical match-up, but why NOT petty, other than he might be too 'light' at this stage...

4 minutes ago, DeeSpencer said:

2 minutes ago, whatwhatsaywhat said:

actually...why not petty?

i was just assuming frost would be the logical match-up, but why NOT petty, other than he might be too 'light' at this stage...

Please let it be Petty...we don't need another headless chook like Frost in the team.

A light Petty who can mark & kick plus has some footy IQ is going to be better than the alternative.

1 minute ago, titan_uranus said:

Stretch, Harmes and ANB need to be dropped. Kent's probably out for a month with another hamstring.

VInce is cooked but we're desperate and we'll continue to play him.

No idea who to bring in.

Getting the NQR players out will help but until we work out how to score when the opposition drops a player behind the ball, it won't really matter.

I agree with your outs, bring in Pedo, Hannan, Frisch & Lewis for mine.

I'm going to say it again unfortunately we have to many good VFL/Local Comp players that will do OK at Casey but just are not up to AFL level. I start with Stretch (his old man would be disappointed) then Harmes, ANB, Wagner, Brayshaw followed by Garlett, Hunt, Vince and Hunt. The biggest problem we have is the guys to replace are not much better. Therefore I have no answers and seeing I have followed this rabble since 64 and paid up member I can only hope I see some effort, improvement, guts and determination before I go.

Need to realise after 5 rounds we ARE JUST NOT GOOD ENOUGH. Need to turn the list around again.

14 minutes ago, Tony Tea said:

Garlett is showing why Malthouse dumped him. Hasn't got what it takes in close combat.

He's small and light so I get he doesn't want to take the ball in the middle of heavy traffic but the problem is he's now extended his range of 'close combat' to about 15m from an opponent. He had a chance to run in to an open goal in the first quarter and now can't even manage to paddle the ball and keep it moving to pick it up. He's done.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, DeeSpencer said:

Wagner?

Really?

He was solid tonight - I’d leave the backline alone other than if someone needed a rest.

Spargo for Garlett

Fritsch for Kent

Stretch for Hannan

Tmac for ANB (not really like for like but we desperately need Tmac presence in the FF line.

• Like 1

I doubt they’ll make this many changes, but here goes...

OUT: Kent, Harmes, Stretch, ANB, Wagner

IN: Hannan, McDonald, Fritsch, Lewis, Maynard

JETTA             O’MAC            HIBBERD

HUNT               LEVER            LEWIS  

SALEM            JONES            BRAYSHAW   

HOGAN           T’MAC            MELKSHAM 

GARLETT       WEIDEMAN    FRITSCH

GAWN             OLIVER           PETRACCA

MAYNARD     VINCE    TYSON    HANNAN

• Like 1

Do we know if Kent’s hammy is the same one he tore previously? Poor bloke, just got back in and was doing ok. He was cramping before halftime, came to the bench and got told to stay on. Genius management. 

• Angry 1

3 minutes ago, Jaded said:

Do we know if Kent’s hammy is the same one he tore previously? Poor bloke, just got back in and was doing ok. He was cramping before halftime, came to the bench and got told to stay on. Genius management. 

No, that was when he'd pulled it. He told the bench he'd pulled it but there was only 10 seconds left and the club, rightly, didn't want to waste a rotation with that long left.

He knew he'd pulled it, his head had dropped and he was consoled by the players at HT.

• Like 2