Discussion on recent allegations about the use of illicit drugs in football is forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Post Match Discussion - Round 4

Demonland

10 minutes ago, Cards13 said:

The most galling part of it is the fact the Hawks were so light on off the bench and we still dished up that stinking turd burger of a second half let alone the last qtr. 

Not sure if this has been posted elsewhere but: https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/after-decades-of-failure-how-can-i-raise-my-kids-to-be-demons-fans-20180416-p4z9ut.html

Amen :(

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Sir Why You Little said:

I could only follow scores on the internet

it was a Flashback to the 1988 GF

IN 30 YEARS WE HAVE LEARNT NOTHING AS A CLUB

I would argue it's even longer than that SW.  I am also at a loss to explain some of these coaching moves.  Playing the skipper, our best in and under player outside of Viney/Clarry, in a lock down roll.  Then expecting other lessor lights in this aspect to pick up the slack and win the clearance battle.  Putting all of that in the main on Clarry while also forcing him to defend his arse off (11 tackles!).  We then lose the clearance count by a big margin overall (-18) both in the middle and from stoppages.  Surprise surprise!

So we sacrifice Jones, and as a result dilute ONE area of the game where we might have broken even or have a slight advantage over the Hawks (assuming Maxy wins much of the hit outs which he did!).  Brayshaw, Vince, ANB and/or Harmes could have handled this role between at least 2 of them surely.  Jones finished last week in a flurry, playing great football, helping to put the icing on the match in that last quarter and we then sacrifice him and hand a win to our opponent in a key aspect where we can match or outplay our opponent.  Dumb dumb dumb.

We then swing Harmes, a mid fielder, into the ruck for much of the 2nd and further impact our ability to win both the hit out, and then the clearances as we are one extra inside mid down under this option.

The above lets the Hawks back into the game in a big way and allows them to start taking over the match at the centre (-4 clearances) and at the stoppages (-13).  We lose the clearance count overall by 17.  If you lose it by 2 to 5 (approx) you might have a chance of winning by making up for it in other aspects of a game (in most games....not always).  Losing it by 17 on the day....forget it!!

Our back line (O-Mac and Hibberd excluded) not helping.  Made to look amateur much of the time.  And the high press also a disaster in the wet (and against the Hawks, one of the best ball using teams in the business).  Man on man every day against this lot on the last line of the press please, even when it's dry!

Where was the rev up from the coach at half time to get us back into the match in the 3rd quarter!!?  Not even a yelp or any sign of desperation other than a few honorable efforts from a few individuals.  Where was the ferocious tackling in an attempt to close the Hawks outside run down (outside of one or two courageous efforts from Jeffy/other?).

Our tackle count vs the Hawks was abysmal and they were winning easily!  (-39 tackles....approx 10 per quarter!).  20 v 8 tackles inside 50!  That's 2 tackles a quarter vs 5!  More than double our output inside 50.

This whole game is just a horrible example of how little we have learned as a club and how far we have to go when up against a quality opponent and EXPECTED to perform well.  We just can't seem to handle any degree of expectation as a club.  Along with the skills, ferocity, coaching and football smarts, we STILL lack so many things that go towards making a bog ordinary football club... a great one.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, zeldacat said:

It's one thing to put in a pitiful performance but to turn around at the end of the game and have a chit chat and carry on and a bum tap with players for the opposition who have just pulled your pants down....again....for the last 10yrs..is a disgrace. Get off the ground and sort out this [censored] with your teammates and coaches and fair dinkum don't hold back with your honesty and disgust with each other.  This is [censored]. Enough of these insipid games.

who were the bum tapping and giggling culprits?

7 minutes ago, Rusty Nails said:

I would argue it's even longer than that SW.  I am also at a loss to explain some of these coaching moves.  Playing the skipper, our best in and under player outside of Viney/Clarry, in a lock down roll.  Then expecting other lessor lights in this aspect to pick up the slack and win the clearance battle.  Putting all of that in the main on Clarry while also forcing him to defend his arse off (11 tackles!).  We then lose the clearance count by a big margin overall (-18) both in the middle and from stoppages.  Surprise surprise!

So we sacrifice Jones, and as a result dilute ONE area of the game where we might have broken even or have a slight advantage over the Hawks (assuming Maxy wins much of the hit outs which he did!).  Brayshaw, Vince, ANB and/or Harmes could have handled this role between at least 2 of them surely.  Jones finished last week in a flurry, playing great football, helping to put the icing on the match in that last quarter and we then sacrifice him and hand a win to our opponent in a key aspect where we can match or outplay our opponent.  Dumb dumb dumb.

We then swing Harmes, a mid fielder, into the ruck for much of the 2nd and further impact our ability to win both the hit out, and then the clearances as we are one extra inside mid down under this option.

The above lets the Hawks back into the game in a big way and allows them to start taking over the match at the centre (-4 clearances) and at the stoppages (-13).  We lose the clearance count overall by 17.  If you lose it by 2 to 5 (approx) you might have a chance of winning by making up for it in other aspects of a game (in most games....not always).  Losing it by 17 on the day....forget it!!

Our back line (O-Mac and Hibberd excluded) not helping.  Made to look amateur much of the time.  And the high press also a disaster in the wet (and against the Hawks, one of the best ball using teams in the business).  Man on man every day against this lot on the last line of the press please, even when it's dry!

Where was the rev up from the coach at half time to get us back into the match in the 3rd quarter!!?  Not even a yelp or any sign of desperation other than a few honorable efforts from a few individuals.  Where was the ferocious tackling in an attempt to close the Hawks outside run down (outside of one or two courageous efforts from Jeffy/other?).

Our tackle count vs the Hawks was abysmal and they were winning easily!  (-39 tackles....approx 10 per quarter!).  20 v 8 tackles inside 50!  That's 2 tackles a quarter vs 5!  More than double our output inside 50.

This whole game is just a horrible example of how little we have learned as a club and how far we have to go when up against a quality opponent and EXPECTED to perform well.  We just can't seem to handle any degree of expectation as a club.  Along with the skills, ferocity, coaching and football smarts, we STILL lack so many things that go towards making a bog ordinary football club... a great one.

Jones is a great trier

i don’t rate him as a Captain, this soft performance on field has gone on for decades

We need a Captain who shows some brute force, otherwise the club will die

• Like 2

14 hours ago, A F said:

What an absolutely disgraceful performance. Harked back to 2014 or prior. That's definitely the first time a Goodwin side has given up.

After quarter time, there was absolutely no system. I thought going into today that we'd generate enough inside 50s to win, even though I knew they'd play smart wet weather footy and we'd play (at times) dumb wet weather footy.

Serious question though. Where was Gawn for most of the second quarter? This is where the tide completely turned IMO. When he was sitting on the bench.

Gawn killed McEvoy in the first quarter and when Gawn went off earlyish in the second and Harmes was in the ruck, we got absolutely murdered around the stoppages. And after that we couldn't arrest the momentum.

I now have serious questions about our game style after this debacle too and I'm lost as to why we so were determined to play our aggressive press in the wet weather.

As we've done every time in the past two years, we continually fail to play to the weather conditions. If you're going to play the press, you play the deeper press in those conditions, not the overly aggressive form. And particularly against Hawthorn, who can pick their way out with good ball use.

I thought getting it in long and quick with a greasy ball would be effective in those conditions though, but we fumbled around the stoppages (and inside defensive 50), failed to lay tackles inside forward 50 and made terrible decisions with the ball in hand (exhibit A - Tomas Bugg - an absolute blight on the footballing form).

Defensively, our guys let the ball get over the back all day, we were disorganised at stoppages and just generally rattled for most of the day. And what really irks me is that we made Hawthorn look far, far better than they are.

If there's any monkey we desperately need to get off the back, it's the monkey of losing to these muppets every season. And not just losing. We are regularly spanked. I went with the Hawthorn supporting wife (and she only ever goes to this game) and I was thoroughly embarrassed by my football club yet again.

Also, why in the hell do three of our defenders continue to go all up at every contest? We're lucky if one defender stays down. It's been happening for 2 or 3 years now. And there's always an opposition player or two front and centre to gather the crumb.

We're so predictable and must be so easy to coach against. Surely, our coaching team have picked up on this all up, no one down issue. So why do we continue to do it? Even when we're winning games we do it!

Is Plapp our defensive coach now? I am seriously doubting his abilities if so. I know Lever is new into the mix but the whole synergy of the group is completely out. They look utterly lost at sea.

And don't get me wrong here. Hawthorn's pressure was good, but when the game was on the line in the second and early part of the third terms, we missed ridiculously easy shots on goal and therefore failed to apply scoreboard pressure.

And I said Bugg would cost us a game and this could well be a perfect example of it. If he kicks 4 straight instead of 4 points from regulation distance, we keep the pressure on and we're right in the game, if not ahead at three quarter time.

Max Gawn missing again from 20m out directly in front is again unforgivable for an AFL footballer. That's not leadership and it certainly didn't help when we really needed a goal to stem the momentum that was against us. These are the type of goals that the leaders at Richmond kick nowadays (I can't believe I'm saying that). We have no leaders that step up in the clutch moments of big, important games. They go missing.

Speaking of leaders, I thought Jones was outstanding on Mitchell early on and it was a great early move by our MC, but as the midfield pressure dropped, Mitchell got off the leash and the Hawthorn mids blocked well for him after that. And then Jones spent the rest of the match with his head down.

But at least he was involved in the contest. Jordan Lewis was yet again thoroughly embarrassing. The guy is finished, save for the very odd cameo.

Overall, one of the major issues is that their ball use was so much better than ours. They were cleaner in possession, kicked to the right places and then swarmed to those positions and we couldn't handle it. Fumbling, bumbling, throwing and slipping right over.

I think we'll bounce back, but it was such an appalling effort that if we see anything else like it this year, I'll be on Goodwin's back. 

As far as I'm concerned, he's certainly on notice now for his complete inability to shift the momentum at any stage of the contest.

He also got the game style completely wrong. He failed to take into account the conditions and did he make a single move after the opening bounce of the first quarter?

Next week is going to be very interesting and anything less than a four quarter performance should not be tolerated. We may have just blown our season at 2-2 with a tricky month ahead. I now go into next week with no aspiration at all. This team (and club) does not deserve any confidence and owes us long suffering supporters a hell of a lot.

AF comments agreed and accepted, the only problem was he was seemingly and commendably, the only one able to get the ball, in other words there is a couple of distinctly different situations. The getting 1 and the kicking 2.....

In regard to the others inability to get the ball, in relation to inside 50 numbers. What could you or I or anyone do when everytime our players got it they were scragged indescribably within any Footy rules i have ever heard of...........

15 hours ago, bush demon said:

The Hawks smelt fear when we kept missing easy set shots early - Gawn, ANB, Bugg. Thankfully only a 250k round trip on the Vline bus. Won't make that mistake again, and again ... and again. 

That’s genuine dedication to the club Bush Demon. 

Shame our players were unable to reciprocate the endeavour. 

• Angry 1

40 minutes ago, willmoy said:

In regard to the others inability to get the ball, in relation to inside 50 numbers. What could you or I or anyone do when everytime our players got it they were scragged indescribably within any Footy rules i have ever heard of...........

That is actually covered in the "advantage" rule. The current interpretation is that if the scragging player is coached by a genius, and the scragged player is from a loser club, then f**k 'em.

54 minutes ago, Sir Why You Little said:

Jones is a great trier

i don’t rate him as a Captain, this soft performance on field has gone on for decades

We have him, he has a toe injury and is already co captain. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Mazer Rackham said:

That is actually covered in the "advantage" rule. The current interpretation is that if the scragging player is coached by a genius, and the scragged player is from a loser club, then f**k 'em.

...and then i have another thought. Would we rather be discussed as GWS mark 2, all glory and no guts (drinking bath water), or would we rather be a Richmond, just bloody relentless and in waves, super fit without the last quarter fade out, you know the place in (our) yesterday's game where old players are not seen kicking goals at full speed from the boundary. What the bloody hell were they on?

5 hours ago, Rusty Nails said:

Teams have been copping criticism and abuse for poor play ftom the sidelines for decades DV.  Yet the good ones go on to win regardless.  Has nothing to do with a particular MFC supporter style.  I was there y'day and they had great support before and during the early part of the game.  The only thing that happened afterwards was a playing group that went to water as soon as the pressure and run was applied by the Hawks.  The MFC crowd went quiet in disbelief and shock which was simply a normal reaction.  Players [censored] up....again...pure and simple.  Its mostly upstairs.  They need a hypnotherapist!  The greatest supporter group in the world couldnt help this lot from train crashing as soon as any expectations are put on them.

Mate i said to bro at the match when i saw that happen ....he shld be patting himself on the head.  His opponent dropped the mark but at least he was playing in front and reading the play up field better than Hogan who continues to play from behind when playing a deep forward role when he shld be in front, especially in the wet and whenever guys are coming out of mid field under pressure.  Dumb as an ox up forward

Complete load of rubbish...again

And again!  DV you weren't even there yesterday.  Again the boys had fab support from the get go for an away game from where i was sitting.  I heard a few other soft MFC supporters behind me complainIng that some supporters were groaning too much after the flood gates were opening.  All they did was whinge about other MFC supporters yet not at one stage did i hear or see them chant with the cheer squad in support.  Now THAT is a pathetic supporter and something i hear / see far too often in an MFC crowd.  We eat our own just as you are doing on here, instead of being human (moaning/groaning like normal ppl do) but still barracking when the chips are down.  From the many interviews i hear, the players hear very little, other than chanting and distant background noise on game day.  And if they are listening that closely when near the boundary line and letting effect them on game day then they are not worthy of pulling on any AFL guernsey.  Nothing to do with the crowd mate...it's mostly skills/effort and in particular with our lot... upstairs.  

It's the distant background noise... players/people tune into it at subconscious levels and sometimes are conscious of it.  I know I've been there.

It's the vibe, just like you might hear a song on radio, and something resonates with you. and you can't tune out.

Same thing in footy terms, the subconscious picks it up. That is, if the tone is hungry/supportive, or fearful/anxious. it effects the mood, raising the mood or lowering the mood. we traditionally get anxious at Melbourne when under pressure. and our default tone is an anxious mood.

This is picked up by the players at subconscious level.   the players automatically know which team the tone is about.  So the opposition feel elevated and hungry... and our own team, with noticing the anxious mood will feel the trepidation.

It impacts on the players, most definately; not that they would really understand this stuff at this level. They would never have considered these concepts, I'm sure.   Just as most of us would not have.

its a bit like a backbeat in a song, mostly we are unaware of it. just go along with the song.

> here's some words that are close, might help the understanding ?  not quite on it but close. it reflects it a little.

Crowded House Lyrics

"Weather With You"

Walking 'round the room singing Stormy Weather
At Fifty Seven Mount Pleasant Street
Well it's the same room, but everything's different
You can fight the sleep, but not the dream

Things ain't cookin' in my kitchen
Strange affliction wash over me
Julius Caesar and the Roman Empire
Couldn't conquer the blue sky

Well, there's a small boat made of china
It's going nowhere on the mantlepiece
Well, do I lie like a loungeroom lizard
Or do I sing like a bird released?

Everywhere you go, always take the weather with you
Everywhere you go, always take the weather
Everywhere you go, always take the weather, the weather with you

Everywhere you go, always take the weather, take the weather, the weather with you

Everywhere you go, always take the weather, take the weather, the weather with you

...............................................................................................
Its no coincidence that the clubs with the more outwardly aggressive cheering supporters,,, they get the most positive results. of all the clubs.  The Hungry angry supporters.

The clubs who's supporters are collectively more negative, and fear losing mostly,,, will lose more often.  The intimidated supporters.

I think this is the best i can do to explain myself.

It s not a personal critique of our loyal supporters, but more an attempt to get as many as possible to reflect on this,,, and maybe try to be as positively aggressive towards our team and players, as we can muster, Even if its not how we are felling at the time,

The club is really battling to maintain a positive mental attitude within the players and having faith with the changes.

This is not to say we shouldn't criticise our players sometimes... I have on occasions been one a the loudest, aiming critique over the years at the player out on ground., but only when a player refuses to tackle or get under the pack  when its their turn to do so on a regular basis. when they simply do not commit for the jumper.

But as a group the team need to hear/feel the positivity,  especially when we are being tested/pressured severely...  The Positivity is so important in support of them, so they can maintain the faith required in the plan they are trying to implement.

19 minutes ago, DV8 said:

It's the distant background noise... players/people tune into it at subconscious levels and sometimes are conscious of it.  I know I've been there.

It's the vibe, just like you might hear a song on radio, and something resonates with you. and you can't tune out.

Same thing in footy terms, the subconscious picks it up. That is, if the tone is hungry/supportive, or fearful/anxious. it effects the mood, raising the mood or lowering the mood. we traditionally get anxious at Melbourne when under pressure. and our default tone is an anxious mood.

This is picked up by the players at subconscious level.   the players automatically know which team the tone is about.  So the opposition feel elevated and hungry... and our own team, with noticing the anxious mood will feel the trepidation.

It impacts on the players, most definately; not that they would really understand this stuff at this level. They would never have considered these concepts, I'm sure.   Just as most of us would not have.

its a bit like a backbeat in a song, mostly we are unaware of it. just go along with the song.

> here's some words that are close, might help the understanding ?  not quite on it but close. it reflects it a little.

Crowded House Lyrics

"Weather With You"

Walking 'round the room singing Stormy Weather
At Fifty Seven Mount Pleasant Street
Well it's the same room, but everything's different
You can fight the sleep, but not the dream

Things ain't cookin' in my kitchen
Strange affliction wash over me
Julius Caesar and the Roman Empire
Couldn't conquer the blue sky

Well, there's a small boat made of china
It's going nowhere on the mantlepiece
Well, do I lie like a loungeroom lizard
Or do I sing like a bird released?

Everywhere you go, always take the weather, the weather with you

...............................................................................................
Its no coincidence that the clubs with the more outwardly aggressive cheering supporters,,, they get the most positive results. of all the clubs.  The Hungry angry supporters.

The clubs who's supporters are collectively more negative, and fear losing mostly,,, will lose more often.  The intimidated supporters.

I think this is the best i can do to explain myself.

It s not a personal critique of our loyal supporters, but more an attempt to get as many as possible to reflect on this,,, and maybe try to be as positively aggressive towards our team and players, as we can muster, Even if its not how we are felling at the time,

The club is really battling to maintain a positive mental attitude within the players and having faith with the changes.

This is not to say we shouldn't criticise our players sometimes... I have on occasions been one a the loudest, aiming critique over the years at the player out on ground., but only when a player refuses to tackle or get under the pack  when its their turn to do so on a regular basis. when they simply do not commit for the jumper.

But as a group the team need to hear/feel the positivity,  especially when we are being tested/pressured severely...  The Positivity is so important in support of them, so they can maintain the faith required in the plan they are trying to implement.

Well if the players are happy to be more focussed on being on the socials and getting in the media, talking us up, they better be ready to have some weaponised anger aimed at them

I would much rather cold-blooded social-media-disengaged Russian special forces commandos playing footy than happy go lucky players who need the right words from the crowd and the right vibe and their balls tickled by Russian super models so they can enjoy salad days at the G.

Nope.

The matter of addressing the Collingwood loss last year lasted a long time.

Must have really bothered them.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, timbo said:

Well if the players are happy to be more focussed on being on the socials and getting in the media, talking us up, they better be ready to have some weaponised anger aimed at them

I would much rather cold-blooded social-media-disengaged Russian special forces commandos playing footy than happy go lucky players who need the right words from the crowd and the right vibe and their balls tickled by Russian super models so they can enjoy salad days at the G.

Nope.

What i'm talking about has nothing to do with social media... but rather putting out a positive aggressive mental attitude in support of our players, when at the ground.

Many club supporters are too ready to become fearful of another loss coming on, inwardly, privately;.,,, rather than feeling like attacking the current game head on, even when we are behind, and the opponents are forging.

I don't think you understand what I'm getting at timbo. 

It's not words... its the "tone' of the support that reacts with players minds subconsciously.   Nothing to do with words,,, which the players mostly do not tune into.  They'd be unaware of words more often than not.

Its the underlying tone which carries with it, the 'mood.

19 hours ago, Umpire Please said:

So Soft and we should have seen it coming after the cancellation of "THE CAMP". The Hawks would have been getting in to us about that and we didn't have any comeback just turned up our toes and let them run all over us. I am expecting to see the players go to the PA  on Monday and ask not to play against Hawthorn ever again as its to tough on them!!!!!!  At least we now know that the secret training session on Thursday  waste of F*#cking time.

The Hawks had two or three player's injured but they still "tore us apart" in the second half. Soft, dumb footballers who have taken over the Football Department. I feel so sorry for PJ and the Admin team that have done such a wonderful job to get the off field side of the club running so well and in a very good position, but sponsors & members aren't going to stay around if you put that sort of performance on. Next week now becomes a true "CRUNCH GAME" for both players and the coaching panel. Its about time the coaches "grow a pair" and [censored] this bunch of soft want- a- be  AFL footballers into line.

Initially was going to like but needed more restraint and detail.

"The Camp" needs to be used as a motivating tool. Players you said you didn't need these lessons, you must prove that through off and on ground performance. Must show desire and focus for total time in training and game time  100%. This is your job, you are well paid, you must perform.

Some of the issues are beyond players. Selection needs to be focused on the opposition make up, weather etc and the whole squad used to achieve maximum team results.

Questions need to be discussed? What do we do to stop a run? What do we do about Buggs inaccuracy? How do we react to a set back? How do we react to change?

Dont know that "grow a pair" is an adequate descriptor but certainly share your frustration. You are certainly correct about Admin impacts and that must be where direction comes from, for reasons you identify.

Next week now a crunch, but this must be a recognised and sustained response. Every week is a crunch on this competition but every week will require a different structure and approach. These elite athletes need some serious introspection and perhaps mental application.

2 minutes ago, DV8 said:

It's not words... its the "tone' of the support that reacts with players minds subconsciously.   Nothing to do with words,,, which the players mostly do not tune into.  They'd be unaware of words more often than not.

Its the underlying tone which carries with it, the 'mood.

Why don't they show us what a bunch of nervous nellies we are, and fight off a Collingwood reserves team? Put the issue to rest.

Or put a team to the sword when we're 5 or 6 goals up? Percentage boosting smashing.

Or put up a credible fight against Hawthorn?

Why don't they do those things?

God knows they've had plenty of opportunities.

Maybe it's not us.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Dockett 32 said:

The matter of addressing the Collingwood loss last year lasted a long time.

Must have really bothered them.

Yeah they got over that one. Then they had the camp that gave them [censored] pruritus. Now they have something new to bother them.

Edited by america de cali

3 hours ago, Sir Why You Little said:

Viney?

Edit: I see his name has already been suggested. Either way, he’s the exact player we are missing right now. Funnily enough it were Viney and McDonald who dragged us over the line against West Coast last season. Brute force is exactly what Viney possessed in that game. 

Edited by Ethan Tremblay
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, jnrmac said:

Its staggering that someone could type that and think that it is our fault. Someone has been eating too many cheese platters.

Its the clubs fault which includes us as we are the biggest and most constant part of the club.

The off-field club culture/mood, has changed from our Power days of expecting a good fight/anticipating wins, to anticipating the worst as our default club mood.

This causes us in the stands to swing too wildly from confident, to fear and anger and despair.

wen the players themselves are starting to get anxious in a tight game the last thing they need is for us to add to their anxt.  They need us to grow a pair and remain plenty aggressive for them.

Instead of the old woe, here it comes again sort of mood. 

The players most definately do feel this, even if unawares as they battle away.  It does effect their psyche, all footballers the same, from any clubs feel it.

Its just with US Demons, that we have been down so long as a club, we supporters find it so hard to remain steadfast in our Positivity about our team.

Our players are battling their own anxieties, without us going negative on them during the game.   We add to their negativity battle.

We supporters, need some aggressive resistance to our own negative thoughts, when at the game.

4 minutes ago, america de cali said:

Age podcast. The Demons have gone backwards. More media trashing is what we need. Praise just enhances the taste of the bath water.

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/the-demons-have-gone-backwards-20180416-p4z9wg.html

You can only laugh at the media. This week we’re bottom four material where last week we were top 4. Collingwood are now being talked up, basically the opposite of us.

• Like 1

Its gonna be a roller coaster all year.  Always was. 

Possibly just a descent unless Goodwin gets his shid together, pulls his finger out of his arse, and works the bloody hell out to defend.  I know absolutely jack [censored] about football in the scheme of things, but I could confidently instruct any group of human beings on the fundamental skills, and mindset required to play footy in wet conditions.  [censored] embarrassing to be honest.  Harmes in the ruck was the stupidest game day coaching decision Ive ever seen.  He is under pressure this week Goody.  He babbled out some classic, textbook, loser, Brendan Bolton type BS about 'the beauty of football provides another challenge the next week yada yada yada blah blah [censored] blah' .  I don't want to hear him carrying on about any 'beauty' after that coaching performance; from selection to strategy and game day decision making.  He has had a shocker.  

34 minutes ago, Ethan Tremblay said:

You can only laugh at the media. This week we’re bottom four material where last week we were top 4. Collingwood are now being talked up, basically the opposite of us.

Yep.  The Sun were saying today that they should now be shooting for more than just the Top 8.  A fortnight ago they were struggling, had nothing up forward and were on a hiding to nothing.  The media are far more fickle than anyone else and should be ignored because of it.

• Like 2

Goodwin said in his post match press conference that "Hawthorn were structurally set up better".

Isn't that part of the coaches role?

Staggering!!

• Like 2

That wasn’t a bad day, that was a total humiliation from a soft weak club
I was born in 64 and can count the number of good years I’ve witnessed on one hand
I travel 4hrs by car about six times a year, have been a member since 89 & have basically lost my love for the team
That was the worst performance I’ve seen by this club, worse than the Geelong game when Bailey got the sack & worse than the Neeld days & that’s saying something, the reason is we have an excellent list.
If there’s not a fierce reaction next week & for the rest of the year l won’t be renewing my MCC membership that l waited 30years for & received it 18 months ago & my MFC membership